Is there a way to adjust line spacing, and previous post clarity here?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
When I post something with paragraph breaks, I get about 3 or 4 line breaks when I only hit the space bar once.  My paragraphs seem very spread apart. 

Also, when I quote a former post to respond to it, that post and any others enclosed with it appear very pale, almost transparent.

Anybody else see this?

Is there something I should adjust here or is this a new change to the forum layout? 
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited November 2019
    Giant
    Spacing
    Between
    Lines. 

Not
    Just
    You.

Please 
    Resolve. 

Thanks! 

Mobile. Galaxy S9. Updated. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Good to

know

it's

not

just

me!

:smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Same here on both counts, plus read posts still show as unread and threads with new shit don’t automatically go to the latest post. 

Please, thank you, and yada yada ;)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    quotes seem messed up. Thought I discovered where to change how many show up. Given how looooooooong some replies are to equally looooong quotes and so on .

Sometimes a reply to even a single quote gets kicked up into the quoted post with no way to get it to become and stay seperate. its like the cursor comes up within the quote to begin with.......

galxy s9+ using firefox browser with ad blocker and no pop ups.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    oh, I cant initiate a pm on this browser either. can using chrome(screw you google)......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    quotes seem messed up. Thought I discovered where to change how many show up. Given how looooooooong some replies are to equally looooong quotes and so on .

Sometimes a reply to even a single quote gets kicked up into the quoted post with no way to get it to become and stay seperate. its like the cursor comes up within the quote to begin with.......

galxy s9+ using firefox browser with ad blocker and no pop ups.......
    I frequently get the same issue when quoting. 

(I also use FIrefox but I doubt it's a browser issue.  I don't have these issues on other forums- none at all.)

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Thank you for your reports.
    We'll let the forum techs know.
    Sea said:
    Thank you for your reports.
    We'll let the forum techs know.
    Thank you, Sea!

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I was wondering what the hell

was going on with the spacing
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I was wondering what the hell

was going on with the spacing
    :rofl:  

And I agree with Hedo, updates aren't there.  McGlitchy Glitchy forum, y'all.  

Thanks for reporting @Sea
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    hedonist said:
    Same here on both counts, plus read posts still show as unread and threads with new shit don’t automatically go to the latest post. 

The bolded part is happening to me too.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

Me, too. I find this vastly more annoying than the new quote system or the line spacing. It is tough to keep track of threads that have been read and/or updated. All of the existing threads still work correctly, but any threads created after the "update" always look like new threads, regardless of whether or not they've been read.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    jeffbr said:
    hedonist said:

Me, too. I find this vastly more annoying than the new quote system or the line spacing. It is tough to keep track of threads that have been read and/or updated. All of the existing threads still work correctly, but any threads created after the "update" always look like new threads, regardless of whether or not they've been read.
    Now it's working. Thanks!!
    It's back to intermittently ignoring updates and cranking us back up to the top of the last page. 

Mobile issue. Galaxy S9.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Ditto on the quote function. I cringe to use it.