2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Detroit baby!  He loves Detroit, lol!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    They did this with JR Smith for Saturday and Sunday games in New York vs Cleveland. The results are amazing
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Fucking Melo baby!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

chinese-happy.jpg
    Mythical Luka!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Fultz is out there doing NBA things like a jumpshot!

I really hope this kid bounces back.
    Fultz is out there doing NBA things like a jumpshot!

He was one for four on shots outside of the lane last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Fultz is out there doing NBA things like a jumpshot!

No yips man, look at the positive.

When he was a 76er he had some serious yippidy doo dah shit going on, now he does not.
    Fultz is out there doing NBA things like a jumpshot!

No yips man, look at the positive.

When he was a 76er he had some serious yippidy doo dah shit going on, now he does not.
    He played well on Sunday, that is for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Thoughts?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1880824

Report: NBA discussing big schedule changes, including in-season tournament
    10h ago
    Stacy Revere / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN - NOVEMBER 21 Giannis Antetokounmpo 34 of the Milwaukee Bucks handles the ball during a game against the Portland Trail Blazers at Fiserv Forum on November 21 2019 in Milwaukee Wisconsin

The NBA, the National Basketball Players Association, and broadcast partners are discussing major changes to the league's schedule, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe report.

Some concepts reportedly being considered include the possibility of reseeding teams at the conference finals stage, an in-season tournament, play-in postseason games, and decreasing the length of the regular season.

The league hopes to bring a vote to its Board of Governors in April with a plan to implement changes in time for the 2021-22 season.

Re-seeding teams after the conference semifinals would, in theory, make it more likely that the top two squads in the league meet in the Finals, rather than in the Conference Finals.

Last year, the Milwaukee Bucks and Toronto Raptors met in the Eastern Conference finals despite boasting the two best records in the 2018-19 regular season. Had reseeding been in place last spring, the Bucks would have faced the Portland Trail Blazers in one semifinal matchup, with the Raptors taking on the Golden State Warriors in the other.

An in-season tournament would reportedly include distinct phases: First, all 30 teams would take part in a divisional group stage, with the games being part of the regular season schedule. This would be followed by a knockout tournament stage featuring eight entrants: the top team in each division plus two wildcard entrants based on the best remaining records.

After initially considering the possibility of such an event occurring in January-February, the NBPA has reportedly been more receptive to a November-December configuration.

Play-in games for postseason berths would feature the No. 7-to-No.10 seeds in each conference. The seventh playoff berth would go to the winner of the No. 7 vs. No. 8 play-in game. The loser of that contest would face the winner of the No. 9 vs. No. 10 game in a play-in game to determine the eighth playoff berth.

For example, last season, the seventh-ranked Orlando Magic would play the eighth-ranked Detroit Pistons for the No. 7 playoff seed. The loser of that game would then have faced the winner of a game between the ninth-ranked Charlotte Hornets and the 10th-ranked Miami Heat in a play-in game for the No. 8 playoff seed.

To accommodate the addition of an in-season tournament and play-in games, teams would play a minimum of 78 regular-season games and a maximum of 83 in uncommon circumstances.

What’s the point of an in season tournament?

And I hate reseeding between both conferences. Should be East vs West in the Finals
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

Its all very stupid.

It ain't broke...don't fix it.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • What’s the point of an in season tournament?

And I hate reseeding between both conferences. Should be East vs West in the Finals
    Poncier said:

Its all very stupid.

All of this, yes.  I agree.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Poncier said:

Its all very stupid.

I think the the Players Association will agree too. Unless, of course, they get more money out of it. 

I know a in-season Tourney would do nothing for me. Useless !

Would the NBAPA go for the re-seed? or a seeding of every team that makes the playoffs?(trying to get the best teams in the Finals regardless of Conference) 
  • cutz said:

Poncier said:

Its all very stupid.

I think the the Players Association will agree too. Unless, of course, they get more money out of it. 

I know a in-season Tourney would do nothing for me. Useless !

Would the NBAPA go for the re-seed? or a seeding of every team that makes the playoffs?(trying to get the best teams in the Finals regardless of Conference) 
    You need to have an East Vs West type of matchup though.  If they decide to make a re seed type of league then there isn't a reason for division structure and the teams can just play whomever.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I like reseeding for each conference. They used to do it. Now the entire playoff schedule has to written in stone before they start. There should be perks for finishing 1st in your conference. Combining all the teams I don't like.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I like reseeding for each conference. They used to do it. Now the entire playoff schedule has to written in stone before they start. There should be perks for finishing 1st in your conference. Combining all the teams I don't like.
    Reseeding within the conference after each round (only comes into play between first and 2nd round) I could live with.

But the NBA wants to reseed before the conference finals, so last year the "semifinals" would have been Milwaukee vs Portland and Toronto vs Golden State and the whole east/west thing goes out the window in the middle of the playoffs...that's plain stupid.
    0 points for Embiid in 32 minutes..i could better..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    23scidoo said:
    he seemed out of sort last night but Gasol always plays him tough.  Have to say, the raptors are very short-handed missing some very keys players and still playing damm well. 
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:
    he seemed out of sort last night but Gasol always plays him tough.  Have to say, the raptors are very short-handed missing some very keys players and still playing damm well. 
    I have no idea what happened to Embiid last night. Of course, the other way of looking at this is the Raptors barely beat the Sixers with literally nothing out of him though....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:
    I have no idea what happened to Embiid last night. Of course, the other way of looking at this is the Raptors barely beat the Sixers with literally nothing out of him though....
    true, you can also say that the raptors beat the sixers while missing starters like lowery and ibaka.  as for Embid, I wrote this before, it seems to be that he is playing at the wrong position cause of simmons.  there is no reason why Embid should be shooting 3's but he is crowded out in the post cause simmons is there. 
    fife said:
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:
    true, you can also say that the raptors beat the sixers while missing starters like lowery and ibaka.  as for Embid, I wrote this before, it seems to be that he is playing at the wrong position cause of simmons.  there is no reason why Embid should be shooting 3's but he is crowded out in the post cause simmons is there. 
    Simmons just needs to shoot the fucking ball and Embiid needs to get his ass to the post. Simmons attempted and made a 3 a week ago and hasn't attempted one since. If he just takes a few a game it would help with the spacing.

All of that being said....the Sixers starting five, when they are all on the court at the same time, is one of the best in the game as far as net rating is concerned. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fife said:
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:
    Simmons just needs to shoot the fucking ball and Embiid needs to get his ass to the post. Simmons attempted and made a 3 a week ago and hasn't attempted one since. If he just takes a few a game it would help with the spacing.

All of that being said....the Sixers starting five, when they are all on the court at the same time, is one of the best in the game as far as net rating is concerned. 
    at some point brown has to tell embid that he doesn't want to see him above the post and has to tell simmons that he will be fined when he doesn't take an open shot.  Brown has not shown the ability to get these players to play better imo
    fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:

at some point brown has to tell embid that he doesn't want to see him above the post and has to tell simmons that he will be fined when he doesn't take an open shot.  Brown has not shown the ability to get these players to play better imo
    Well I think part of the reason Embiid is out there so often is because of Simmons' reluctance to shoot. Brown is a good coach but he needs to do a better job of getting him to shoot the ball. He seems to like the corner three. Run some some screens for him to get open down there. 

Fining a guy making well over $100 million won't accomplish anything. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:

Well I think part of the reason Embiid is out there so often is because of Simmons' reluctance to shoot. Brown is a good coach but he needs to do a better job of getting him to shoot the ball. He seems to like the corner three. Run some some screens for him to get open down there. 

I don't think Simmons has any desire to elevate his game anymore than what it is.  Too bad he isn't like Siakm and worked on his game.  
  • Can we talk Doncic for a second please.

Everyone with these stats that he's the first to do this before this one and that needs to stop.  This guy has been playing pro ball since he was 13.

13!!!!

You know what Kobe was doing at 13?  Playing middleschool ball against middle school kids.

The comparison is just dumb.  The kid is already polished from banging bodies with older, mature players.

Dumb.

I am also not exactly sold on him either.  He can light up any team that doesn't play Defense or plays really shitty D.

Who played against him on Denver and Boston?  Those are the only 2 games w teams that played him tough.
    fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:
    23scidoo said:

I don't think Simmons has any desire to elevate his game anymore than what it is.  Too bad he isn't like Siakm and worked on his game.  
    That's nonsense. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Can we talk Doncic for a second please.

Everyone with these stats that he's the first to do this before this one and that needs to stop.  This guy has been playing pro ball since he was 13.

13!!!!

You know what Kobe was doing at 13?  Playing middleschool ball against middle school kids.

The comparison is just dumb.  The kid is already polished from banging bodies with older, mature players.

Dumb.

I am also not exactly sold on him either.  He can light up any team that doesn't play Defense or plays really shitty D.

Who played against him on Denver and Boston?  Those are the only 2 games w teams that played him tough.
    Actually, I played against Kobe in middle school when we were 13.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Can we talk Doncic for a second please.

13!!!!

Dumb.

Actually, I played against Kobe in middle school when we were 13.
    Did you posterize him?