Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I heard that another 90s band will be joining them for the tour.
    One name thrown around is Blind Melon. Well see. I’d like that combo.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I heard that another 90s band will be joining them for the tour.
    One name thrown around is Blind Melon. Well see. I’d like that combo.

That makes sense but then it's odd for posters to be popping up advertising one band on the bill
    True. They could change the add once the full announcement is made. It was an electronic poster ad. So far it’s just those NY shows and almost seems pre-mature that the ad even showed up before the tour announcement 
    Another rumoured opening act is Jellyfish 
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Yea 30k seating over 2 nights is ambitious. I was seeing them in 5k venues the last time around and doubt many of those venues were sold out.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
    Still a bunch of unknowns, but if it turns out to be The Robinson Brothers & Friends trying to peddle a nostalgia show to 15k a night, I hope it flops hard
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    If it’s Jellyfish I’m going, let the Crowes go down in flames if it reunites Jellyfish.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Haha ... or for them to mend fences with Steve and he rejoin.
    with this band anything is possible. 

That would’ve been the most surprising thing a month ago. Now, the more SG talks the more it seems like he really wants invited back. Who knows? Maybe a few days into the tour they decide Magistro doesn’t have the power for those big venues. 

I think it will draw ok with some rootsy 90’s revival lineup. Livenation is more worried about beer sales so they’ll make those tickets as cheap as they need to be to sell $100,000 in $15 beers.

You already know it’s going to be a pretty sweet set list. I get the gripes but it should make for a good show and I’d say they have just enough recognizable music to pull it off the “.....and hits” portion and maybe they’ll throw in some era appropriate b sides for the hardcores.  

I’ll probably end up at a show and if somebody like Bline Melon was on the bill that would clinch it. Also this....
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=da0VaEeKNtQ
    ^^^
    im with you. They are playing their first album in its entirety and it rocks. Not sure why there is so much bitching about it. It will be a rock n roll show. And icing on top would be a band like blind melon. 
    I’ll probably try to take in 2-3 shows if close by, but definitely one show with short travel. 
    ^^^
    im with you. They are playing their first album in its entirety and it rocks. Not sure why there is so much bitching about it. It will be a rock n roll show. And icing on top would be a band like blind melon. 
    I’ll probably try to take in 2-3 shows if close by, but definitely one show with short travel. 
    My bitching is band members + apparent venue size. I might add ticket prices. Can totally understand how someone else would be interested in this, though.
    No worries, I get the band members thing but honestly, Steve’s book has burned that bridge.
    Marc Ford doesn’t want to tour heavy. What can you do?
    at least the rumoured guys have a past connection to the BC’s.
    If Adam is on Keys then you have 3 former crowes
    Magistro on drums? He was a part of a former crowes lineup.
    the big question is who’s on bass and lead guitar?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    rich doesn’t really “need” help on lead guitar, IMO. always liked how he seemed comfortable sharing the spotlight.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2019
    Tour dates for this summer are up 
    looks like I’ll only get to the Toronto show. Nothing else close enough.
    Brothers on Stern shortly.

The “Band” section on the website is pretty amusing.
    Tickets on sale at 10 it looks like. At least the shows I checked. It's a pretty stout itinerary.

And, yeah, the Band section is pretty weird. It's so detached.
    Bowery Ballroom tonight.
    DewieCox said:
    Bowery Ballroom tonight.
    Now that I'd see
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited November 2019
    i See they booked the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. That’s an 18,000 seat venue. Ticketmaster is showing the entire venue set up. There’s no way they fill even half of that. Last time through these parts  they played a 2,000 seat venue and it wasn’t sold out. CRB didn’t even sell out a 400 person venue the last time they played MN.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    edited November 2019
    They are Howard stearn right now, it's a great intetview
  • 4 min before tix

• What a bunch of bullshit...  Sold out in 1 minute...
    What a bunch of bullshit...  Sold out in 1 minute...
    What sold out?
    Side stage tickets are a new thing

• pjl44 said:
    What sold out?
    For whatever reason it said sold out but when I went to the home page tix were magically there...

Stupes.

Anywho I bought cheap ass nose bleed seats, passed on the lower more expensive  orchestra seating.
    pjl44 said:
    What sold out?
    For whatever reason it said sold out but when I went to the home page tix were magically there...

Stupes.

Anywho I bought cheap ass nose bleed seats, passed on the lower more expensive  orchestra seating.
    Almost half hour in and I can still pull front center section standard tix for both MA and NH. Bunch of VIP packages too obviously. Going great!
    Anyone know how they're distributing Bowery tix? It's like a .1% chance I can make it but still.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What sold out?

Stupes.

Almost half hour in and I can still pull front center section standard tix for both MA and NH. Bunch of VIP packages too obviously. Going great!
    Yeah looks like they way overestimated demand. Should be playing smaller places like the Pavilion (whatever bank it is named after this year, old Harborlights) in Boston rather than Great Woods.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    FYI

Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    What sold out?

Stupes.

Yeah looks like they way overestimated demand. Should be playing smaller places like the Pavilion (whatever bank it is named after this year, old Harborlights) in Boston rather than Great Woods.
    They have 8 amphitheater shows in 11 days in New England/NY/NJ. I don't know, man.
    75 minutes in and Boston is selling like hot cakes! Lol