2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• For shits and giggles I went back to see whom got drafted out of HS and in 2005 there were 9 players picked and I recognized only 1 player and that was Andrew Bynum.  The only reason I remember him was because he played for the Lakers.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    So I picked the Wizards to make a run for the playoffs this year...  They are playing so poorly that they might not get 10 wins this year.  Man was I wrong about Beal going to shine without  Wall around.

Yeah under 27.5 wins looks like easy money currently.
    There is an amazing amount of subpar basketball being played right now.

I'm beginning tot think that the NBA is watered down and kids need to stay in college longer.
    I agree. Yet the one and done rule looks not long for the world and we'll soon have high schoolers being drafted again.
    Not a fan of the out of HS drafting.  I wonder why the NBA doesn't adopt the NFL mantra on HS athletes?
    or the Baseball system? That way you have the choice of getting drafted or if you go to school you can't get drafted until 3 years. Seems to work for baseball?(I know its harder sport to make the Pros).
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2019
    For shits and giggles I went back to see whom got drafted out of HS and in 2005 there were 9 players picked and I recognized only 1 player and that was Andrew Bynum.  The only reason I remember him was because he played for the Lakers.
    I saw him play in HS. I think it was only one game. I tried to see him play a few games but he was usually in street clothes. Coach told a friend of mine that one time he had a bruise and Doctor said he could play but he was a pussy>LOL

Who are the other players? I may have saw some play in HS.

I just looked it up.
    I saw:
    Martell Webster (He played with Spencer Hawes in HS)
    Monta Ellis
    Lou Williams
    Andray Blatche (Do you know he plays for National  Team of the  Phillipines?)
    Post edited by cutz on
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    my thoughts for the east
    76ers 1st place (simmons doesnt shoot a 3, embid plays 55-60 games)
    Raptors 2nd place ( OG Anunoby wins most improved)
    Bucks 3rd place (Giannis doesn't sign max deal and wins MVP)
    Nets don't make playoffs (Irving avgs 30 points a game)
    My thoughts for the West
    Clippers 1st place (Leonard plays 60 games)
    Denver 2nd place
    3rd place Utah
    Lakers finish 7thh as Lebron gets hurt in the new year

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    fife said:
    my thoughts for the east
    My thoughts for the West
    Denver 2nd place
    3rd place Utah

Sixers Clippers Finals.

Love the Lakers prediction!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fife said:
    my thoughts for the east
    My thoughts for the West
    Denver 2nd place
    3rd place Utah

Sixers Clippers Finals.

I kind of expect injuries to start piling up for Lebron now too...
    fife said:
    my thoughts for the east
    My thoughts for the West
    Denver 2nd place
    3rd place Utah

Sixers Clippers Finals.

Yeah. I mean they already started last year 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fife said:
    my thoughts for the east
    My thoughts for the West
    Denver 2nd place
    3rd place Utah

Sixers Clippers Finals.

Yeah. I mean they already started last year 
    He might cruise again in the regular season and save himself for the playoffs like he has been doing these past few years.  He has no reason to "kill it" anymore.

When does Chris Paul go down?  That is another player that has consistently gone down too.
    fife said:
    my thoughts for the east
    My thoughts for the West
    Denver 2nd place
    3rd place Utah

Sixers Clippers Finals.

While i am a Raptors fan, i really like the sixers.  my only worry is in the playoffs where games get tighter, who takes that shot when the sixers need a point?  the sixers defence will be amazing. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    edited November 2019
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Anyone notice how well AD and Bron are playing together? If he stays healthy we all will be wrong.  Dude looks like he's 25 again.

Knicks suck, congrats.
  • No Kawhi playing against Freak and the Bucks?  Workload day off?

Welcome to your new NBA...

Thoughts on a day off for a Nationally televised game?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    I think its horseshit frankly.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    I think its horseshit frankly.
    One confirmed "horseshit".

TY Poncier!
    I mean, its their 8th game of the season and already his 2nd game off for "load management". I can see maybe when we're into February and March doing a little of this, but 2 weeks into the season, its ridiculous.
  • Poncier said:
    I mean, its their 8th game of the season and already his 2nd game off for "load management". I can see maybe when we're into February and March doing a little of this, but 2 weeks into the season, its ridiculous.
    Agreed.  Did you give the Sixers grief last year when they did this to Embiid?

I know this is the new NBA and players will do 60 games now with the analytics and rest...
    As a Celtics fan, the Sixers can sit Embiid all they want. ;)
  • Poncier said:
    As a Celtics fan, the Sixers can sit Embiid all they want. ;)
    Speaking of the Celts, what say you on a rejuvenated Hayward looking spritely? 
    Looks damn good so far. Hopefully it keeps up. Makes you wonder what could have been 2 years ago if not for the injury, before Kyrie became a pouty child, that team might have had a legit shot.
  • Poncier said:
    Looks damn good so far. Hopefully it keeps up. Makes you wonder what could have been 2 years ago if not for the injury, before Kyrie became a pouty child, that team might have had a legit shot.
    What do you say about the talk of him being "pouty" was just a comment from one person and everyone just ran with it?
    Based on everything that went on last season, there was definitely an issue there. Horford even cryptically acknowledged that fact recently.
    You guys think Raptors fans care about some missed games in November last year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • You guys think Raptors fans care about some missed games in November last year?
    That is a little bit o hindsight now though, huh?
    No not really as I’m a big proponent of it with Embiid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • You guys think Raptors fans care about some missed games in November last year?
    It has become a hot topic now in the NBA and that is all people are talking about, load management.

On the Jump T-Mac wished they had the amenities that the players have now, five massage therapists, 5 trainers, dietitians.  Then you had Richard Hamilton that looked at playing in all 82 games a s a badge of honor.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited November 2019
    now why would you need load management on a guy you insist is healthy and has been since day 1? hmmmm :confused:

just kidding above...kind of.  shall we do an over/under on how many games simmons and embiid actually get on the court together in the regular season this year? what are at, 2 now?

Load management is a disgrace to the league.  maybe Kawhi should only get paid for 60 games then?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    As a raptors fan I will say that if we lost in the 2nd round or 3rd round we would have been pissed off. 
    pjhawks said:
    now why would you need load management on a guy you insist is healthy and has been since day 1? hmmmm :confused:

just kidding above...kind of.  shall we do an over/under on how many games simmons and embiid actually get on the court together in the regular season this year? what are at, 2 now?

Load management is a disgrace to the league.  maybe Kawhi should only get paid for 60 games then?
    I guess Kawhi has never been healthy then.

Loan management is rampant throughout the league. The Sixers were on to something clearly. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It has become a hot topic now in the NBA and that is all people are talking about, load management.

On the Jump T-Mac wished they had the amenities that the players have now, five massage therapists, 5 trainers, dietitians.  Then you had Richard Hamilton that looked at playing in all 82 games a s a badge of honor.
    Hey man, I wish the NBA was like it was 30 years ago too. But, all that matters is putting your team in the best position to win a championship. And you're not winning anything with your best players not on the court come spring time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Hey man, I wish the NBA was like it was 30 years ago too. But, all that matters is putting your team in the best position to win a championship. And you're not winning anything with your best players not on the court come spring time. 
    Is that how it works?  Cool, thanks...

Iron man awards aren't give out and a player doesn't get extra money or incentives for playing in more so I get it.

Everyone is striving for the playoffs now a days.  That is all that matters...