Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Cool.  Don’t know why this has to be a huge secret.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Exactly.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It really is lame. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2019

"Follow the deleted instagram posts"

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    It's possible the guy had the info a little mixed up. It doesn't really make sense that they would be recording at their warehouse. Maybe they were just working on or tightening up new stuff? They typically make an album at one of a few actual studios, yeah?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    100 Pacer said:
    The caption has already been edited to remove mention of the album. Thank goodness for screenshots. 
    Likely the mention of the band working at the warehouse to prevent fans from showing up.
    Makes sense ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited October 2019
    It's possible the guy had the info a little mixed up. It doesn't really make sense that they would be recording at their warehouse. Maybe they were just working on or tightening up new stuff? They typically make an album at one of a few actual studios, yeah?
    He said he got a taste of it in their studio. Are you saying that he A ) was listening to something that was not Pearl Jam with Jeff and B ) that he was in another type of room but for some reason thought it was a studio?

My guess is he got to listen to some songs from the finished CD, or some rough mixes

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I really doubt they record at the warehouse.  There’s a few good studios in Seattle. 
    Last few have been in Hollywood right?  Regardless exciting stuff
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    My understanding is their HQ is their rehearsal space, not a recording studio. I could be wrong. Dude said they were making an album in their own studio. Unless they were at Studio Litho recording. Which I believe Stone owns.
  • Caption's different again. 

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    What is happening :get_outta_here:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    The thick plottens 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Alright, the cat's out of the bag. They're going to perform at Hillary's "I'm baaaack!" Halloween / 2020 campaign announcement event. :o
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    shecky said:
    Alright, the cat's out of the bag. They're going to perform at Hillary's "I'm baaaack!" Halloween / 2020 campaign announcement event. :o
    Barf GIF
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    First rule of Pearl Jam...
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    First rule of Pearl Jam...
    ...is "laugh, laugh, laugh!" ;)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Well he must’ve known it was def PJ material he heard. Why post it otherwise. Surely he knew what he was hearing. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    If a new Jeff song sounds like a Pearl Jam song, that's close enough for me 

edited October 2019
    That guy is changing and backtracking his story like he's:

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Here’s what I think happened. I have 0 sources. Just 25 years of fandom. 

Jeff plays new shit for guy. Guy loves it. Says omg can I tweet this. Jeff says. Ya know what go ahead maybe someone will actually call me back. 

Someone does says come on man we talked about this and Jeff is like trying to have fun  and be in Pearl Jam. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited October 2019
    I've heard worse theories!
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

I'm like an opening band for your mom.

• "Follow the deleted instagram posts"

Yes! haha. They DO have an amazeballs PR group. Loved the teasers leading up to Lightning Bolt, and how it got promoted via those interviews. And who can forget the "accidental" brief appearance of the Home & Away shows in the Tour section that quickly disappeared but sent the fans into overdrive. 
    Either the photographer made a boo boo and let something slip and quickly edited, or, the PR folk are at it again, driving us nuts. I really really really want to believe it's all their PR, to get us excited for the new album and following tour announcement  *crossing fingers and toes*
     =)
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    Even though the pic was taken at Pearl Jam HQ, not a studio, the photographer's  original post had a lot of details, actually:

-from Pearl Jam's new album
    -recorded at their own studio
    -music includes themes of their youth

How could he have had that much specifics, formed an opinion of the album ("rad"), and somehow have been confused about a one off solo track from Jeff Ament? 

verceman said:
    "How could he have had that much specifics, formed an opinion of the album ("rad"), and somehow have been confused about a one off solo track from Jeff Ament?"

Marijuana, maybe? ;)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JPPJ84 said:
    RS65573 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    RS65573 said:
    It seems an awful lot like someone in PJ, doesn't make it very fun to be in PJ.
    Why, because they‘d rather announce it on their own terms?
    Because it sure seems like Jeff posted something, then got a phone call to pull it.
    It was that Otis guy who posted it. Either way they wouldn’t be recording if it wasn’t fun :)

Wait till Otis sees us! He loves us!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    shecky said:
    verceman said:
    "How could he have had that much specifics, formed an opinion of the album ("rad"), and somehow have been confused about a one off solo track from Jeff Ament?"

Marijuana, maybe? ;)

How high would you have to be to mistake Jeff Ament's voice for Eddie Vedder? LOL
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    verceman said:
    Even though the pic was taken at Pearl Jam HQ, not a studio, the photographer's  original post had a lot of details, actually:

-from Pearl Jam's new album
    -recorded at their own studio
    -music includes themes of their youth

How could he have had that much specifics, formed an opinion of the album ("rad"), and somehow have been confused about a one off solo track from Jeff Ament? 

Exactly this...you’re right, how does mistaken all that info for some random Jeff solo track 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    also why would you care if anyone knew you were working on a new album?  has someone's ego really gotten that big that writing and recording an album has to be kept a secret? seriously?...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12