2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Pelicans werent winning anything this year so its more of a loss for the fans.  He had an unbelievable preseason tho.  Glad the injury isnt a long term concern.  The Pels have the best training/medical staff in the league so he should be good. 
    Third knee injury in 3 years...
    None of them were ACL related tho. Sprains and now a tear that can totally heal.  I was impressed by how deep NOLA is.  They’ll be a force in two years. 
    Where there is smoke there is fire, no?
    People look at his size and athleticism and think Lebron but he’s a lot bigger. That’s a lot of weight on his frame.  
  • DewieCox said:
    Pelicans werent winning anything this year so its more of a loss for the fans.  He had an unbelievable preseason tho.  Glad the injury isnt a long term concern.  The Pels have the best training/medical staff in the league so he should be good. 
    Third knee injury in 3 years...
    None of them were ACL related tho. Sprains and now a tear that can totally heal.  I was impressed by how deep NOLA is.  They’ll be a force in two years. 
    Where there is smoke there is fire, no?
    People look at his size and athleticism and think Lebron but he’s a lot bigger. That’s a lot of weight on his frame.  
    38lbs bigger.

I believe he is the heaviest person in the league right now?  No way Tacko Fall is heavier than him?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Dallas game tonight should be a must watch!
    Washington vs Dallas is a must watch when you have games like Bos vs Philly and Den vs Por?

A game featuring a sure fire lottery team vs a team that might be an 8 seed if all comes together? 
    Poncier said:
    Washington vs Dallas is a must watch when you have games like Bos vs Philly and Den vs Por?

A game featuring a sure fire lottery team vs a team that might be an 8 seed if all comes together? 
    Dallas, yes.  Doncic and Porzingas should be a fun duo to watch.  Don't hate.  That Doncic is good, he can ball.
    Right, but they have nothing beyond those 2, and Porzingis' health is always a question. To mention them in championship contention is silly.
    I think it's wide open.  Everyone has a chance this year, lol.

Who's the lottery team in Was/Dallas?  They both will make the playoffs this year.  
    Washington is a lottery lock.

This weekend we rock Portland
    JK_Livin said:
    lebron flopping already
    Lebron will be coasting all year until the playoffs.  He will be saving his body for that.
    Hopefully he coasts the Lakers to the 9 seed.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Dallas, yes.  Doncic and Porzingas should be a fun duo to watch.  Don't hate.  That Doncic is good, he can ball.
    Right, but they have nothing beyond those 2, and Porzingis' health is always a question. To mention them in championship contention is silly.
    I think it's wide open.  Everyone has a chance this year, lol.

Who's the lottery team in Was/Dallas?  They both will make the playoffs this year.  
    Washington is a lottery lock.

Washington has been known to play better without Wall.

I see them making the playoffs.  They have to be better than Orlando or the Pistons... Have to be.
    Wizards O/U for wins in Lost Wages Nevada is 27.5. Lottery lock.
    By contrast Orlando O/U is 40.4 and Detroit is 37.5
  • Poncier said:
    Wizards O/U for wins in Lost Wages Nevada is 27.5. Lottery lock.
    By contrast Orlando O/U is 40.4 and Detroit is 37.5
    I disagree w Wizards being that bad, wow.

Anyone in Vegas want to make the over bet for me in Wash wins?
    ESPN has them ranked 25 out of 30 teams with only PHX, MEM, NYK, CHI and CHA ranked lower.

Don't think we'll be seeing Wizards/Mavs in the finals.
  • Poncier said:
    ESPN has them ranked 25 out of 30 teams with only PHX, MEM, NYK, CHI and CHA ranked lower.

Don't think we'll be seeing Wizards/Mavs in the finals.
    Mavs won't make the finals, I know this, I should have been clearer.  Playoffs.

I say Washington makes the playoffs.  

Finals I got Bucks and Clippers.

I definitely see Was w a better record than Phx, Cha, Mem and the Knicks.

I don't see the Hawks, Chi, OKC or MeM as having better records though.   OKC is gutted.  How the hell are they going to win any games?  Same w the Cavs.
    I made an oops above, CLE is ranked below WAS by ESPN, not CHI. (Chi ranked 24 and Cle ranked 29)
  • Poncier said:
    I made an oops above, CLE is ranked below WAS by ESPN, not CHI. (Chi ranked 24 and Cle ranked 29)
    It's not much better, lol.
  • Kristaps and Doncic for that 1-2 punch to whoop on the Wiz.  C'mon Beal, you have to ball better than that...
    Kristaps and Doncic for that 1-2 punch to whoop on the Wiz.  C'mon Beal, you have to ball better than that...
    That under 27.5 looks solid. ;)
  • Poncier said:
    Kristaps and Doncic for that 1-2 punch to whoop on the Wiz.  C'mon Beal, you have to ball better than that...
    I've got Both teams making the playoffs so there are plenty of other teams for Wash to whoop on, you watch.
  • Question?  How many delusional Knicks fans do we have here?
    Poncier said:
    I've got Both teams making the playoffs so there are plenty of other teams for Wash to whoop on, you watch.
    I'll keep my eye on the Wiz. I say zero chance they make the playoffs.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    I'll keep my eye on the Wiz. I say zero chance they make the playoffs.
    There are too many other crappy teams for them not to get there unless they tank.  If they go that route then everything goes out the window.

And now you have me rethinking considering Beal signed an extension and doesn't need to prove anything...

Screw it, I still say they make it!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Freak premier tonight!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Which teams are tanking?

I say Cle and OKC.
    Great Bucks!!
    Freak was real MVP..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    harden gets 14 of his 19 at the line....as usual.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    It’s the Sixers and the Bucks and everyone else in the East...

Thought I’d migrate this chestnut over to this thread.
    Nuggets are good and they are not only Jokic..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    I saw that last year but it all gets different when it's the playoffs!

Wow do the Warriors look bad...

They should make the playoffs though, should...
    23scidoo said:

Wow do the Warriors look bad...

They should make the playoffs though, should...
    I don't know. I think there definitely at least 8 teams better than them in the west. (LAC, LAL, POR, HOU, DEN, SA, UTAH, MINN and maybe DAL)
    If they make it, it'll be as an 8 seed (7 at best), their defense is horrendous.
    Lakers are huge question for me.. they could be champions or big joke..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I don't think they'll be either.
    Not enough support to be champs, but not a full on joke if LeBron and AD stay healthy. 
    Probably a 3 or 4 seed and lose in 2nd round.
    Bucks lost their own game again..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Warriors "tanking" talk, lol.

Wow!