Options

If you were a traffic cop, for just one day . . .

2»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Usually wise to go with the flow of traffic, whether it slows you down or speeds you up some.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    hedonist said:
    Usually wise to go with the flow of traffic, whether it slows you down or speeds you up some.
    My sentiments exactly. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:
    deadendp said:
    ^ ^ Why should I have to speed up and break the speed limit rule? How is that a pass?
    That too is a fail, speeding drivers kill.
    And he still kept tailgating even though I was over the speed limit. Why should I speed up to make others happy? That is why the speed limit is there and why the cops fine you if you exceed it.
    I don't give a fuck, noone stands over me. It's not the first time I've put myself in harms way by showing someone I will not be intimidated.
    You should see what I wrote if I was a traffic cop.

Anyone holding up traffic in the "passing lane" gets a ticket from me.

It'll teach people that all lanes are NOT created equally.

Get out of the lane if you aren't passing a car.

Just saw this same message on our way back from North Olmsted Monday night. 
    That's very common problem out here as well.  I see people all the time driving in the fast lane when there is no reason to and even worse when they are poking along. 

And driving slowly is not always the safest.  My wife tells me the story of a guy she knows who got pulled over by a cop one time.  The guy asked the cop, "Why did you pull me over?  I know I was doing the speed limit because I had my cruise control set."  The cop said, "I'm not going to ticket you, but you were going slower than the flow of traffic in such a way that you were more of a danger than anyone else."  Poor guy- can't win for losing!  :lol:  
    No one has ever accused me of being a slow driver. However, I have toned it down a bit over the years. Got stopped by state highway patrol for 66 in 55. They did not ticket me. I learned. 

I do, however, drive the actual speed limit in construction zones and school zones. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'd bust the biggest weed dealer in town, fudge the report to say I confiscated half of what I actually did, and have a year's supply of the devil's lettuce.
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Texting and driving, sooooo dangerous and see it all the time. Hate to say it, but usually young females, but not exclusively 

also, people who throw their cigarette butts out the window, brutal!
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'd bust the biggest weed dealer in town, fudge the report to say I confiscated half of what I actually did, and have a year's supply of the devil's lettuce.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    deadendp said:
    ^ ^ Why should I have to speed up and break the speed limit rule? How is that a pass?
    And he still kept tailgating even though I was over the speed limit. Why should I speed up to make others happy? That is why the speed limit is there and why the cops fine you if you exceed it.
    I don't give a fuck, noone stands over me. It's not the first time I've put myself in harms way by showing someone I will not be intimidated.

See!  They get it!

I've noticed this trend only worsening over the years.

Please, for all that is good and holy.  Get the F outta the passing lane...
    If it's an 80kmph zone you have a right to be in the right hand lane, well at least in my state.
    You're meant to stick to the left lane if 100kmph.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    People who use blinkers instead of turn signals. :tongue:
    and thus a thread started by a woman is dead.  
    Excuse me.

What does using the word blinker have to do with being a woman?

I was referring to Massholes. They would all be ticketed, especially north shore Massholes (where I live).

Except for @ed243421

He’s my ride. 
    Ok so I reacted to the initial response to my post, which was making fun of using the term blinker instead of turn signal.   I was referring to a recent post about lack of women posting threads because they're not taken seriously.  And everything is a joke.  Not everything is a joke, as you well know.  Sorry, pissed me off.  The fact that I was born in MA, just really pisses me off now.  WTF.

Now that's in jest.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

See!  They get it!

I've noticed this trend only worsening over the years.

Please, for all that is good and holy.  Get the F outta the passing lane...
    If it's an 80kmph zone you have a right to be in the right hand lane, well at least in my state.
    You're meant to stick to the left lane if 100kmph.

We drive opposite hand of you here so that means that if u r lollygagging in the "fast lane" get the F out!!!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    not in an 80 zone lol.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited October 2019
    The rule is, keep right unless passing.  Nobody should ever just be "cruising" in the left lane.  You drive right, pass left, and get the fuck back over on the right when you're done passing.  99% of humans fail to fucking understand this.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Not to harp on my disgruntlement over texting while driving... well, OK, to continue with that rant, haha...

Yesterday I wanted to make a left off Main St. where, to allow a left turn during traffic, there is clear marking  in the road saying "Do not block".  And right there, blocking the turn space, was a lady jabbering on her cell phone while driving.  Both her and my windows were down and I said, "You're blocking the turn lane... and stop talking on your cell phone while driving."  She gave me a nasty look and said, "Oh, stop it!"

If I'd been a cop...!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.