Options

If you were a traffic cop, for just one day . . .

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
edited October 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
 deleted post
Post edited by PureandEasy on

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    People who use blinkers instead of turn signals. :tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    dankind said:
    and thus a thread started by a woman is dead.  
  • Options
    The people whom drive slow in the passing lane would for sure be ticketed.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    !!!

But really, the majority of the drivers here blow big-time.  So do many cyclists, and pedestrians, and people in general....

(sad part is, we have no plans to move!)
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    dankind said:
    Noooo! I would've answered sooner, but I was writing a PM. Please don't get discouraged. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Excuse me.

What does using the word blinker have to do with being a woman?

I was referring to Massholes. They would all be ticketed, especially north shore Massholes (where I live).

Except for @ed243421

He’s my ride. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Excuse me.

I was referring to Massholes. They would all be ticketed, especially north shore Massholes (where I live).

Except for @ed243421

He’s my ride. 
    Comedians getting coffee?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Excuse me.

Except for @ed243421

He’s my ride. 
    Comedians getting coffee?
    Only I’m not very funny. And we’re probably getting cannabis. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'd taser the shit out of aggressive drivers who tailgate.
    I had one asshole this morning, I was sitting on the speed limit and he was right up my ass.
    I sped up, he sped up. He would not back off.
    I had enough then tapped the break and then slowed down and shit got aggressive on the road.
    I thought it would end up in a fist fight.
    He had a crazed stare, he looked like he was on meth or something and his pig of a passenger kept laughing.
    I rolled the front passenger window down and swore at him as he changed lanes and was side by side with me then he cut in front of me and slammed the breaks in the right turning lane before swerving left and taking off again.
    Piece of shit. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited October 2019
    A pig was sitting in the passenger seat?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hahaha
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I wonder what tasered pig tastes like....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I wonder what tasered pig tastes like....
    Texan, smokey. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I had one asshole this morning, I was sitting on the speed limit and he was right up my ass.
    I had enough then tapped the break and then slowed down and shit got aggressive on the road.
    He had a crazed stare, he looked like he was on meth or something and his pig of a passenger kept laughing.
    I rolled the front passenger window down and swore at him as he changed lanes and was side by side with me then he cut in front of me and slammed the breaks in the right turning lane before swerving left and taking off again.
    Piece of shit. 
    This reminded me of when I would drive with my dad, when I was around 14 or so.  He had a habit of pulling alongside idiot drivers, lowering his sunglasses, and giving them the stink-eye.  South Central LA was on the cusp of becoming quite violent, and I'm thankful we were able to curb that behavior before he got shot.

My gem of a stepdad actually had the gall (and exquisite lack of character) to yell "Nigger!" at a black man who'd cut him off.  I wanted so badly to just disappear.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Piece of shit. 
    Guys like that should be run off the road next to a very long, steep cliff.

Here's what I would do if I were a cop for a day:

First, since a cop has to drive an official, marked car, I'd ask for one of these low-profile cop cars for the day:

Then, I would cruise around and look for drivers who are texting while driving- the kind of drivers who are more likely than others to cause a deadly accident.   When I found one, I would pull them over and give them a harsh chewing out and throw the book at them.  And then my pen.  And maybe a shoe.  And if they whined, sassed, or gave me any kind of shit whatsoever, I would tell them to stay in their car while I run their plates... and eat my lunch.  Then I'd go back and tell them to give me back the book I threw at them.  Then I would tell them to wait in their car while I finish running their plates... and I'd take my book back to my cop car, finish my lunch, and read a few chapters.  Then, I'd go back and ask them if they any any other grief they wanted to give me.

As you might have guessed, I have some real issues with people texting and driving.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Brian,
    I really hate when people do that too. It really makes me mad.
    It's one of the main reasons I no longer cycle on the road.
    People are so selfish.
    One guy lightly bumped into the back of my car at a red light. I noticed a car keep rolling towards me and was thinking 'is this guy going to stop' and he hit me at a very low speed, just a scratch. And what was he doing? Texting. I gave him a talking down to, saying my niece was in the back seat and not to do it again. He was a young new driver and very sorry and shit scared haha.

As for those psychos today, I hope they wrapped themselves around a pole.
    I hate losers like that. If he hit me from behind I could've went onto oncoming traffic or been t-boned in the same if I spun out of control.
    This guy looked drugged up, there's a lot of drivers high on meth today.

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Piece of shit. 
    This reminded me of when I would drive with my dad, when I was around 14 or so.  He had a habit of pulling alongside idiot drivers, lowering his sunglasses, and giving them the stink-eye.  South Central LA was on the cusp of becoming quite violent, and I'm thankful we were able to curb that behavior before he got shot.

My gem of a stepdad actually had the gall (and exquisite lack of character) to yell "Nigger!" at a black man who'd cut him off.  I wanted so badly to just disappear.
    Yeah my anger gets the best of me.
    This guy could've had a knife, meth heads are crazy and have super strength when high.
    He looked scrawny, I could've probably taken him down in a fight but then again....meth.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:
    Piece of shit. 

First, since a cop has to drive an official, marked car, I'd ask for one of these low-profile cop cars for the day:

Then, I would cruise around and look for drivers who are texting while driving- the kind of drivers who are more likely than others to cause a deadly accident.   When I found one, I would pull them over and give them a harsh chewing out and throw the book at them.  And then my pen.  And maybe a shoe.  And if they whined, sassed, or gave me any kind of shit whatsoever, I would tell them to stay in their car while I run their plates... and eat my lunch.  Then I'd go back and tell them to give me back the book I threw at them.  Then I would tell them to wait in their car while I finish running their plates... and I'd take my book back to my cop car, finish my lunch, and read a few chapters.  Then, I'd go back and ask them if they any any other grief they wanted to give me.

As you might have guessed, I have some real issues with people texting and driving.
    So do I. One just hit my husband the other day. He's okay. Car totaled. Mess to deal with. 

Running red lights. I don't know if it is a regionally specific thing, but it has gotten worse. Everyday I drive my daughter to school, it's generally at least one per day. We aren't talking running bright yellow to red. We are talking bright red. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Excuse me.

Except for @ed243421

He’s my ride. 

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    brianlux said:
    Piece of shit. 

Chief Brian, after you finish eating your lunch, can you please do something about the random idiots (without handicap placards/license plates) who park in handicap spots? 
    Thank you in advance.

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Piece of shit. 

Cuomo is getting flak for this from Hot 97 this morning.

I actually want to start a thread for it!
  • Options
    One thing that north shore Massholes do that I've never noticed anywhere else is that they will risk getting T-boned and slowly take up an entire lane of traffic to make a left turn. It's like they only look one way before deciding to lurch forward.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    So you felt a guy was driving too close behind you and you sped up. PASS, good on you. When that is not good enough and if you're feeling intimidated, simply find a way or place 
    Piece of shit. 
    So you felt a guy was driving too close behind you and you sped up. PASS, good on you. When speeding up is not good enough for the faster driver and if you're feeling intimidated, simply find a way or place to allow a person to pass you by. 

He wanted to go faster yet. So you brake check him and slow down. FAIL, you intended and acted to escalate your situation. Brake checking someone is a sure fire way to piss him/her off and everyone knows that.

Then you rolled down your window and started to curse at him. FAIL, are you looking for crazy shit to happen to you? When he's passing by, he too, is clearly aware of the ongoing disagreement. Stay looking straight ahead and hopefully the rest passes without incident.

Stated here that his passenger was a "pig". FAIL, fat shaming is a very bullish to do, and while intended for one person, can have a very real effect on another who sees or hears it.

I am in no way saying the dude was not being an asshole or even just plain wrong, but for your own safety and that of others, please consider your actions more carefully the next time you are in that situation.

Just my $.02.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ^ ^ Why should I have to speed up and break the speed limit rule? How is that a pass?
    That too is a fail, speeding drivers kill.
    And he still kept tailgating even though I was over the speed limit. Why should I speed up to make others happy? That is why the speed limit is there and why the cops fine you if you exceed it.
    I don't give a fuck, noone stands over me. It's not the first time I've put myself in harms way by showing someone I will not be intimidated.
  • Options
    ^ ^ Why should I have to speed up and break the speed limit rule? How is that a pass?
    And he still kept tailgating even though I was over the speed limit. Why should I speed up to make others happy? That is why the speed limit is there and why the cops fine you if you exceed it.
    I don't give a fuck, noone stands over me. It's not the first time I've put myself in harms way by showing someone I will not be intimidated.
    You should see what I wrote if I was a traffic cop.

Anyone holding up traffic in the "passing lane" gets a ticket from me.

It'll teach people that all lanes are NOT created equally.

Get out of the lane if you aren't passing a car.
  • Options

Just saw this same message on our way back from North Olmsted Monday night. 
  • Options
    deadendp said:

See!  They get it!

I've noticed this trend only worsening over the years.

Please, for all that is good and holy.  Get the F outta the passing lane...
  • Options
    deadendp said:

See!  They get it!

I've noticed this trend only worsening over the years.

Please, for all that is good and holy.  Get the F outta the passing lane...
    Put down your fucking phone. (Y'all know our recent story.)

Do not, do not, do not speed through construction zones. They suck. I agree, but people die when shit happens. I have driven back and forth west of Cleveland 3x in the last 5 days. Between Akron and North Olmsted (8/76/77/480/271 and 71) it is one very long construction zone. Just hang in there. Cruise control is your friend. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    deadendp said:

That's very common problem out here as well.  I see people all the time driving in the fast lane when there is no reason to and even worse when they are poking along. 

And driving slowly is not always the safest.  My wife tells me the story of a guy she knows who got pulled over by a cop one time.  The guy asked the cop, "Why did you pull me over?  I know I was doing the speed limit because I had my cruise control set."  The cop said, "I'm not going to ticket you, but you were going slower than the flow of traffic in such a way that you were more of a danger than anyone else."  Poor guy- can't win for losing!  :lol:  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.