Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    i thought it was excellent.
    Kind of slow moving, but so much wrapped in seeing characters and catching jessie's captivity experience a bit. I didnt dislike any of it and could probably watch 2 more hours, especially if skinny pete and badger play video games.

Would it have killed the todd actor to lose a few pounds?

Aaron Paul was brilliant.

In all, it stands right up with the series and compliments the story
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Really enjoyed it. Fits right in as a nice epilogue to the series. Todd as psychotic as ever. Favorite line was when he asked Jesse if he wanted to say any last words out in the desert. Jesse's look was priceless. Amazing to see Aaron Paul really pull off the casual free spirited Jesse in those flashback scenes.

Gilligan ended it perfectly as another chance to come back to it on its own or as a possible tie in for whatever is in store for Gene in the BCS universe.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Robert Forster died today..RIP..great actor
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Enjoyed Camino but had to really get used to Todd being much older looking for the "flashback" scenes
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Had to get used to Todd being significantly heavier.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I thought it was good. Wasn’t blown away, but I enjoyed it. Probably going to give it another watch for some details 
    Agreed.  I feel like my expectations were so high that I almost felt a little let down.  It was still very good.  Will have to watch it again soon.
    Just thought of this, but I'd think traveling in that tiny secured compartment to Alaska would have been a little more of an unlikely option after all of the PTSD they initially showed Jesse going through from being in a cage for a year.
    I wish they followed up on skinny Pete a bit..How does he get out of having that car in his driveway? The story he came up with is certainly aiding a fugitive..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Just playing dumb would be fine.  Didnt watch the news.  No idea.
    There was at least 50 cop cars and swat headed to Petes....only living person of interest with direct contact to Pinkman..dead cops..dead kid..hes fucked and better lawyer up quick...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I wish they followed up on skinny Pete a bit..How does he get out of having that car in his driveway? The story he came up with is certainly aiding a fugitive..

Yeah that would have been interesting to see.  That whole scene from the trailer where the cops are interviewing him was left out of the movie completely.

Yeah that would have been interesting to see.  That whole scene from the trailer where the cops are interviewing him was left out of the movie completely.
    I was surprised by that. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    While I enjoyed a trip to the theatre with a couple of buddies, I could’ve totally settled for just watching it on Netflix. It was good, a nice little epilogue sprinkled with flashbacks we didn’t see before. A little slow moving, I don’t think it needed to be a 2 hour movie. Probably coulda summed it up in a 75 minute extended episode. Pleased, but it didn’t inspire awe.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Enjoyed Camino but had to really get used to Todd being much older looking for the "flashback" scenes

I would agree that it follows the Better Call Saul trend of taking 75 minutes of material and getting 150 minutes out of it ... hell, maybe Breaking Bad was that way too ...  been a while since I've watched it.

Overall it was good.  If this was a QB playing on MNF, it would have been 289 yds, 23/31 comp with 3TD / 1 INT
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Enjoyed it. Didn't stray away from Jessie at all. I thought the 2hrs was fine. They needed the flashbacks to fill in the story line they came up with. I wish it was longer. I can never get enough of BB material.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Thought it was excellent. And now looking forward to how they end BCS next year. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Agreed. It was basically like a really awesome two hour episode of BB. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Need a Skinny Pete spinoff show
    MayDay10 said:
    Yes.  The Skinny Pete and Badger Show.  And do it 70's sitcom style with a "this week's special guest" bit.

The show has kind of explored the comedic mini-verse with the Malcolm in the Middle alternate ending.
    MayDay10 said:
    Church
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Solid movie. Not great, didn't have to be two hours, but really good.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I though it was fantastic.  First half hour was a tad slow but overall I though it was brilliantly done.
    That refrigerator door would have been hella heavy. I wonder if it would have been heavy enough to make the fridge tip a bit when opening. Thoughts? 
    deadendp said:
    That refrigerator door would have been hella heavy. I wonder if it would have been heavy enough to make the fridge tip a bit when opening. Thoughts? 
    Todd did mention it would take some engineering to work. Could have weighted the back end to keep it from tipping when the door opened.
    tbergs said:
    deadendp said:
    Todd did mention it would take some engineering to work. Could have weighted the back end to keep it from tipping when the door opened.
    True. 

• Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    edited October 2019
    So. . Why Jesse didn't shot Todd in the desert? 

Because of Brock? 
    Post edited by Leathe?ma? on
    So. . Why Jesse didn't shot Todd in the desert? 

Because of Brock? 
    Yes. Remember that he said that it took some convincing with Uncle Jack to let him stay behind to watch Jesse (discussion before he would allow him out of the concrete pit) and something to the effect of a deal and the little boy.  Remember also there was a photo of Andrea and Brock we saw they had hanging in the meth lab they had there. Showed it both in BB and in EC. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Finally got to watch it this weekend. It was very satisfying.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly