Lol
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • vzouzal said:

Sorry. My bad folks. I take whatever lashings I deserve
    Are you sorry about the non announcement on the 10th or the whole post?  I guess what I'm asking is do you stand by any of it and if so, why?
  • zluck11zluck11 DFW, Texas Posts: 110

I've been to some shows...
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    A friend of mine, who occasionally has info come across his desk, told me this and as an excited fan, I decided to share it.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    vzouzal said:

Are you sorry about the non announcement on the 10th or the whole post?  I guess what I'm asking is do you stand by any of it and if so, why?
    Don't expect a response from @vzouzal but you're right, would be nice to know if the OP had a source and was duped/change of plans or they just made it all up.  Guessing the latter.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    vzouzal said:

Don't expect a response from @vzouzal but you're right, would be nice to know if the OP had a source and was duped/change of plans or they just made it all up.  Guessing the latter.
    He has responded.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    vzouzal said:
    A friend of mine, who occasionally has info come across his desk, told me this and as an excited fan, I decided to share it.

This is more of an explanation than we have gotten from many who had hot rumors turn out to be false in the past.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Was this one of those things where they feed various rumors through their camp to see what rumors get spread. Thus, finding the leak in their group and eliminating them from the circle of trust?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 74
    edited October 2019
    vzouzal said:

Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    vzouzal said:

All good, you had a rumour and you went with it.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Was this one of those things where they feed various rumors through their camp to see what rumors get spread. Thus, finding the leak in their group and eliminating them from the circle of trust?
    Sounds like a scene from The Departed. 
  • vzouzal said:

I suppose that is fair.  I appreciate the response and you sharing.  If any of it turns out to be true, you will be lauded to some extent, but if not...bye Felicia.
    vzouzal said:

I didn't expect a response at all.  At least there was that.  I guess we'll see how it plays out. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    dlymnfld said:
    Pearl Jam now is more a business than a band. They will have an “announcement” saying when they announce a tour or album. They will never just announce something out of the blue. Their business model is putting out old music onto vinyls and making holiday themed shirts. When a tour finally does come I’m sure there will be a “countdown clock” like all the big bands do (I think Metallica is in the mist of one). This is why I prefer “smaller” bands. I saw Chad Stokes (Dispatch/State Radio) at G Love’s fest and I asked him if anything was on horizon and replied “new album in November and playing Boston in December”. I love Pearl Jam but they are way past telling common folks their business. Until I see a countdown clock I believe nothing. 
    So you asked a guy in a smaller band about their plans 8 weeks out and he told you info that would’ve been set and previously out in their social media?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    ComeToTX said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Pearl Jam now is more a business than a band. They will have an “announcement” saying when they announce a tour or album. They will never just announce something out of the blue. Their business model is putting out old music onto vinyls and making holiday themed shirts. When a tour finally does come I’m sure there will be a “countdown clock” like all the big bands do (I think Metallica is in the mist of one). This is why I prefer “smaller” bands. I saw Chad Stokes (Dispatch/State Radio) at G Love’s fest and I asked him if anything was on horizon and replied “new album in November and playing Boston in December”. I love Pearl Jam but they are way past telling common folks their business. Until I see a countdown clock I believe nothing. 
    I can’t really disagree. No new music, no shows. Just old recordings and merch. Sigh...
    I saw em twice last year. The touring every other year thing has been pretty consistent, I think. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    vzouzal said:

I suppose that is fair.  I appreciate the response and you sharing.  If any of it turns out to be true, you will be lauded to some extent, but if not...bye Felicia.
    vzouzal said:

I didn't expect a response at all.  At least there was that.  I guess we'll see how it plays out. 
    Yeah, agreed. Banning canceled.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

lol 

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    it was a beautiful and perfect posting
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Yeah, agreed. Banning canceled.
    Haha agreed. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Lizard said:
    it was a beautiful and perfect posting
    My great and unmatched wisdom tells me you are correct.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    edited October 2019
    dlymnfld said:
    So you asked a guy in a smaller band about their plans 8 weeks out and he told you info that would’ve been set and previously out in their social media?
    Yes. Imagine asking Eddie Vedder at Ohana Festival about upcoming show. He give you a Bill Belicheck answer. Chad Stokes’s major band Dispatch is pretty big in terms of fan base so me being able to tell fans in their forum about upcoming news was pretty big as I heard it straight from him with no speculation. People on FB heard something was on horizon and I was able to them exactly what Chad told me as we had a conversation and he gave me a straight forward answer. My only point is Pearl Jam is an A list band and the days of them worrying about connecting with fans outside of shows has been probably gone since that MTV vinyl coming was a live show. I personally enjoy musicians who still communicate with their fans. Not Pearl Jam’s fault necessarily it’s just they are not “struggling” musicians anymore. 
    Post edited by dlymnfld on
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    vzouzal said:

In your opinion do you believe that all the information from your source is accurate but got the release date wrong?  We won’t hold it against you if none of this ends up being true.   It takes guts to post a rumour and even more to admit when your wrong. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Ovaltine was developed in Bern, Switzerland, where it is known by its original name, Ovomaltine (from ovum, Latin for "egg", and malt, which were originally its main ingredients). Unlike everything else in this thread those are facts.  =) 
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Get_Right said:
    Ovaltine was developed in Bern, Switzerland, where it is known by its original name, Ovomaltine (from ovum, Latin for "egg", and malt, which were originally its main ingredients). Unlike everything else in this thread those are facts.  =) 
    Well shit. All this was worthwhile after all.
  • SMWYSOCKISMWYSOCKI Posts: 10
    edited October 2019
    What's got the whole world fakin' it?
    I'll be...playing with my magazine...
    Using up my Listerine...Like Ovaltine...
    And you'll be...you're dippin' in your battleship...
    For the latest tip...for the latest dream...
    Post edited by SMWYSOCKI on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Get_Right said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Poncier said:
    Get_Right said:

Perfect example of the reaction when there is an announcement!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    vzouzal said:

Seriously?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Still...better than the guy in Queens trying to book the band.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore