The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Hi! said:
    Still still not as bad as W. IMO. 
    Certainly a fair opinion. I disagree though. Trump is doing far more harm to the US and the world at this point, IMO. 

I’m very aware of your opinion. I’m not sure what Will Ferrell has to do with any of this.
    In a good way illustrate the murderous essence that is W and his 8 years on the world-stage and legacy.

But "throwing baseballs".
    Why is it you perseverate on one little detail in many discussions?
    yes It meant a hell of a lot to many Americans, republican and Democrat, when W threw out that first pitch.  It was almost like things were back and the US was going to be ok. It was a time where everyone came together.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ikiT said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ll never forget when W came out and threw that first pitch at the World Series.  There is an awesome 30 for 30 on it.  
    So W was the obvious choice, I would have bet my house you would have picked that one.  
    + a million

I hated W. like fucking hated, but I RESPECTED him because he was the President when we were attacked, and he surrounded himself with adults.

That strike he threw?  99 of 100 of us woulda bounced that shit.

The US Govt has done some pretty fucked up shit since the end of WW2, and the "free world" is probably an illusion.
    That being said, the way W's administration pureed the middle east isn't an issue for this thread.
    I definitely would have bounced it!  But man what a moment.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Hi! said:
    Certainly a fair opinion. I disagree though. Trump is doing far more harm to the US and the world at this point, IMO. 

I’m very aware of your opinion. I’m not sure what Will Ferrell has to do with any of this.
    In a good way illustrate the murderous essence that is W and his 8 years on the world-stage and legacy.

I never mentioned baseball.
    A little shiny gold star to you, and a pat on the head.
    You don't think this is just a tad condescending?  
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2019
    I prefer looking at W through the Will Ferrell/Jon Stewart lens.  I'm glad that time is over.

Trump is still WAY worse.  Exponentially worse. 
    I got one word for you.  NATO.

#OTANNATO or #NATOOTAN
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mcgruff10 said:

It was a time where everyone came together.  
    So what you are saying basically -- ironically enough -- is:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    He's 78 and the most decent guy in the US Senate.  The HA is disqualifying.  Sorry.
  • mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

You don't think this is just a tad condescending?  
    That might read that way, so I take that back. I actually wrote " and a friendly kiss on the forehead" first. That was the sentiment more than a condescending pat. Hopefully cincy will understand.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2019
    ikiT said:
    He's 78 and the most decent guy in the US Senate.  The HA is disqualifying.  Sorry.
    I don't think someone at that age should lead anything in this world. But anyone over 75 in that race is 0,5% of bad luck away from a HA. Bernie just got there first.
  • Is Biden still leading the polls in a "big way" by the way, or has a slump started? Haven't kept myself updated lately.
    ikiT said:
    I prefer looking at W through the Will Ferrell/Jon Stewart lens.  I'm glad that time is over.

#OTANNATO or #NATOOTAN
    I'm still undecided who is worse, they are both pretty shitty.

Back on topic, I just read :  First, the threat Elizabeth Warren's candidacy presents to Biden is more serious than ever. Not only did she announce Friday that she had outraised him by nearly $10 million over the last three months, she also has the ability to return to those grassroots donors again and again as she works to consolidate the party's progressive wing. Biden has been far more reliant on traditional fundraising, which places him at a distinct disadvantage among his leading primary rivals.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/joe-biden-elizabeth-warren-ukraine-challenges/index.html

Things are about to get real interesting.  
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Hi! said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

anyhow you hate every president 

1) They have been meat eaters
    2) They are US citizens

So really, your opinion is shit and doesn’t matter 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mcgruff10 said:
    ikiT said:

#OTANNATO or #NATOOTAN
    I'm still undecided who is worse, they are both pretty shitty.

Back on topic, I just read :  First, the threat Elizabeth Warren's candidacy presents to Biden is more serious than ever. Not only did she announce Friday that she had outraised him by nearly $10 million over the last three months, she also has the ability to return to those grassroots donors again and again as she works to consolidate the party's progressive wing. Biden has been far more reliant on traditional fundraising, which places him at a distinct disadvantage among his leading primary rivals.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/joe-biden-elizabeth-warren-ukraine-challenges/index.html

Things are about to get real interesting.  
    With how much politics seem to be a full on capitalistic market-economy where lobbyists and special interests buy up figureheads on this marketplace -- I think it pretty damn cool that Warren and other are focusing on the many grassroots donors and not the few and wealthy (interests). Regardless of how you feel about her politics. 

Pretty damn nice. 
    edited October 2019
    Hi! said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

2) They are US citizens

Then why do you keep responding and engaging in debates with me if my "opinion is shit and doesn't matter" you little ball of joy?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Opinion is shit
    opinions are shit

I typed exactly what I meant. And Apple didn't even mess it up for me.

Here’s your gold star and a cookie for being such a smart, great guy.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Hi! said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

2) They are US citizens

Is the president obligated to take the Metro?
    mcgruff10 said:
    ikiT said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ll never forget when W came out and threw that first pitch at the World Series.  There is an awesome 30 for 30 on it.  
    So W was the obvious choice, I would have bet my house you would have picked that one.  
    + a million

I hated W. like fucking hated, but I RESPECTED him because he was the President when we were attacked, and he surrounded himself with adults.

That strike he threw?  99 of 100 of us woulda bounced that shit.

The US Govt has done some pretty fucked up shit since the end of WW2, and the "free world" is probably an illusion.
    That being said, the way W's administration pureed the middle east isn't an issue for this thread.
    I definitely would have bounced it!  But man what a moment.  
    amen brother
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

2) They are US citizens

Nope. In fact multiple cars have to go with. And the president’s takes a private plane.  The US President is the worst person in the world.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited October 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

2) They are US citizens

Look mrussel! - here you have a friend in your battle against people being "woke"!

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Opinion is shit
    opinions are shit

Thank you sweetie.
    edited October 2019

Bernie Sanders is back home in Vermont

https://youtu.be/67i73RHnGP8

My bet is, post Heart Attack that he still slurs and misspeaks less than Biden.

mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

2) They are US citizens

Look mrussel! - here you have a friend in your battle against people being "woke"!

Sorry not everything fits into binary categories.  Like I said earlier, even a strength becomes a weakness when it goes too far.  

SHort stop to gather some things before heading to his next destination.
    hippiemom = goodness

SHort stop to gather some things before heading to his next destination.
    A nice retirement village in Florida?
    Opinion is shit
    opinions are shit

Thank you sweetie.
    I hope you understand that calling someone sweetie is both condescending and overly familiar in a way that is highly inappropriate.  Cincy Bear has the right to feel safe and free from harassment on this forum.  You are speaking to him/her in a way that implies some sort of intimate relationship and it would surprise me if the two of you have such a relationship.  It's not 1994 anymore.  It's not okay to be like this.  
  • mrussel1 said:
     Like I said earlier, even a strength becomes a weakness when it goes too far.  
    Sounds like you're describing Paul Stanleys voice going into the 1980s.
  • mrussel1 said:
    Opinion is shit
    opinions are shit

Thank you sweetie.
    I hope you understand that calling someone sweetie is both condescending and overly familiar in a way that is highly inappropriate.  Cincy Bear has the right to feel safe and free from harassment on this forum.  You are speaking to him/her in a way that implies some sort of intimate relationship and it would surprise me if the two of you have such a relationship.  It's not 1994 anymore.  It's not okay to be like this.  
    Sorry, I was brought up in a home of syndicalists and cat lovers. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Opinion is shit
    opinions are shit

Thank you sweetie.
    Syndicalists?  Are you referring to anarcho anti-capitalist movement from 100 years ago?  If so, both of those things would explain quite a bit.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I can count on one hand the people who have ever been so bold as to tell me I earned a pat on the head or called me sweetie like this.  
    It has never happened.  
    In America, where so many of the people are out of control with what they say, this hasn't happened to me.
    There is a reason.
    I won't type it here, but I think most people know.

Just don't talk to people that way.  Not sure why that is difficult to grasp.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Opinion is shit
    opinions are shit

Thank you sweetie.
    Syndicalists?  Are you referring to anarcho anti-capitalist movement from 100 years ago?  If so, both of those things would explain quite a bit.  
    Just wanted to give you some fue. Give you some fai. Give you dababadazbaba.

• I can count on one hand the people who have ever been so bold as to tell me I earned a pat on the head or called me sweetie like this.  
    It has never happened.  
    In America, where so many of the people are out of control with what they say, this hasn't happened to me.
    There is a reason.
    I won't type it here, but I think most people know.

Just don't talk to people that way.  Not sure why that is difficult to grasp.  
    If you can count them on one hand (1 to 5) than how can it also at the same time never have happend?

Don't understand.
This discussion has been closed.