2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mca47 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mca47 said:
    Well, that game was a fn mess.  Hard to believe this is more or less the same team as last year.  

It’s 2006 all over again. Amazing defense being held back by the offense. Mitch is simply a more athletic version of Rex. Highly inaccurate passer of the football. 
    I was watching Mitch close during yesterday's game.  It's been said before that he has a hard time getting through his progressions.  That is an understatement.  Yikes.
    Highest percentage of uncatchable passes through 2 weeks:

1.  Cam Newton 34.2%
    2.  Mitchell Trubisky 27.8%

Worse than the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kirk Cousins (aka coach wants him to throw the ball 10 times a game).
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    What a wild game on Sunday.  That sequence of events at the end was completely insane but happy they came out with a win.  Denver is a tough place to play....that elevation is the real deal.  I was feeling it big time and I was just sitting in the stands!! 

But yeah, it's really hard to feel good about Trubisky and the offense right now.  On the bright side, these were 2 really tough defenses he faced in these 2 games and he didn't turn the ball over against Denver.  But if we're being real, he just doesn't look good at all.  Really hope this isn't Grossman all over again.
    Big game tonight.  If this offense can't light up the garbage redskins, then we are in a lot of trouble.  Should be an easy win on paper but wouldn't surprise me at all if it's a lot closer than it needs to be.
    Nice win!  It's a pleasure watching Khalil Mack play football....he's an absolute beast and a game changer.  5 takeaways for that D.  It should have been 6 if not for that very weak penalty on Amukamara.  

Aside from that pick in the end zone, it was a pretty solid game from Mitch.  It looked like a good game plan with a lot of short, easy throws to get him going.  And that TD throw to Gabriel was perfect.  Montgomery got going in the 2nd half which was nice to see.  We'll see how the offense does against the Vikings this weekend.  And I can't wait to see this D make Cousins run for his life!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Nice win!  It's a pleasure watching Khalil Mack play football....he's an absolute beast and a game changer.  5 takeaways for that D.  It should have been 6 if not for that very weak penalty on Amukamara.  

Aside from that pick in the end zone, it was a pretty solid game from Mitch.  It looked like a good game plan with a lot of short, easy throws to get him going.  And that TD throw to Gabriel was perfect.  Montgomery got going in the 2nd half which was nice to see.  We'll see how the offense does against the Vikings this weekend.  And I can't wait to see this D make Cousins run for his life!
    I had a slightly different take on Mitch and the offense.
    The defense provided a lot of those points and put the offense in position to get easy points.  The Bears should have run over them offensively.  Most of MItch's throws were less than 5 yards still and outside of that beauty to Gabriel, anything beyond 10 yards were incredibly inaccurate.  
    The run game does concern me a bit.  Monty has looked good, but the o-line doesn't seem to be helping our RBs much.  Not sure if teams are just not worried about Mitch and are stacking the box or if our o-line is in fact not creating holes...or both.
    Got some real teams coming up.  We shall see.
    mca47 said:

I had a slightly different take on Mitch and the offense.
    The defense provided a lot of those points and put the offense in position to get easy points.  The Bears should have run over them offensively.  Most of MItch's throws were less than 5 yards still and outside of that beauty to Gabriel, anything beyond 10 yards were incredibly inaccurate.  
    The run game does concern me a bit.  Monty has looked good, but the o-line doesn't seem to be helping our RBs much.  Not sure if teams are just not worried about Mitch and are stacking the box or if our o-line is in fact not creating holes...or both.
    Got some real teams coming up.  We shall see.

I don't disagree with anything you said.  I just liked that Nagy clearly changed up the game plan to play to Mitch's strengths.  Clearly he isn't where he needs to be, but it was just nice to finally see something positive out of the offense.  We'll find out a lot about this offense on Sunday against a tough D.

O-line has definitely been struggling.  Swapping Daniels and Whitehair seems to have been a big failure so far.  Massie being inactive last minute didn't help things last night.  But yeah, the running game needs to improve.  But I love the way Montgomery runs...he's a tough dude to bring down.
    Well, GB lost to Philly. Detroit is likely to lose to KC. If the Bears can take care of business against Minny this is shaping up to be a huge weekend for us in the NFC North. Go Bears!! 
    Yep.  Huge game today.  Sounds like Hicks will be out which will hurt big time against the run.  Time for Mitch to step up against a good D.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    ed243421 said:
    Already did  =)

#MaineShack

and the dispensaries have great deals/sales during the first and last hour that they’re open 🥦🔥

Very good to know!!
    Denver, go for the football but stay for the ganj, but really just go for the ganj.
    Hicks AND Roquan out. That’s not good news against this rushing attack. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    This over rated Bears defense sucks!

=)  ;)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Holy shit this defense is ridiculous.  Missing 3 key guys and still completely dominated Minnesota.

Can't wait to hear all the talk about Daniel being the better option than Trubisky.  He's a really good backup QB, but he's been a backup QB his entire career for a reason.  Hopefully Mitch can come back after the bye week.  Good thing it wasn't his throwing arm because he'd prob be out for the year. 
    I'm curious what's going on with Roquan Smith. Read today that he has "not been acting like himself around team facilities." I hope he's not mixed up in anything bad.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    I'm curious what's going on with Roquan Smith. Read today that he has "not been acting like himself around team facilities." I hope he's not mixed up in anything bad.

Yeah that whole thing seems very strange.  When I first heard about it I assumed he had a death in the family or something like that but then he was just standing on the sidelines during the game Sunday.  Hopefully everything is OK with him.  Doubt he plays Sunday so hopefully he's ready to go after the bye week.

Yeah that whole thing seems very strange.  When I first heard about it I assumed he had a death in the family or something like that but then he was just standing on the sidelines during the game Sunday.  Hopefully everything is OK with him.  Doubt he plays Sunday so hopefully he's ready to go after the bye week.
    Roquan expected to play Sunday.  Still no word on what the issue was. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Can a Bears fan explain to a Raiders fan why this is being billed as the Khalil Mack Revenge game??

dude had two years left (plus franchise tag years).  Turned down a deal to make him the highest paid. The next year he held out like Levon Bell so we traded him to someone who assured that they would pay him.  

How did we do wrong by Mack??
    Can a Bears fan explain to a Raiders fan why this is being billed as the Khalil Mack Revenge game??

dude had two years left (plus franchise tag years).  Turned down a deal to make him the highest paid. The next year he held out like Levon Bell so we traded him to someone who assured that they would pay him.  

It seems like it's just a media thing looking for a storyline for the game.

Raiders didn't do anything wrong...they just did something really dumb by trading away one of the best defensive players in the league.  And I'm pretty sure he only had 1 year left on his contract when he held out.  Still can't believe he's on the Bears...he's so damn good.

It seems like it's just a media thing looking for a storyline for the game.

Raiders didn't do anything wrong...they just did something really dumb by trading away one of the best defensive players in the league.  And I'm pretty sure he only had 1 year left on his contract when he held out.  Still can't believe he's on the Bears...he's so damn good.
    Agreed. All media hype BS. This is just another game on the schedule for him. One that he’s going to dominate, but that’s nothing new! 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I def miss Mack. What a monster
    What a shit show that was. Chase Daniel did make a few really nice throws. 
    What a shit show that was. Chase Daniel did make a few really nice throws. 

And a few horrible throws.  Should have had 3 picks but got lucky the refs called an absurd roughing the passer penalty.  Hopefully all the silly talk of Daniel being a better option that Trubisky is over.  Not that Trubisky is much better but he definitely has a much higher ceiling.

Such a frustrating game to lose.  Defense was not good at all....Oakland ran all over them.  Offensive line stunk most of the game too.  That running into the kicker penalty was an absolute killer.  No idea why they would even risk sending anyone after the punter in that situation....just get the ball back and try to run out the clock.  Probably a great time for the bye week to get some guys healthy and get this offense figured out.
    ^^^The defense definitely didn't play too well today. That said, doesn't this team have shades of the 2nd year Trestman team? Season was was beyond expectations, so 2nd year expectations were sky high. Defenses both very good and supposed offensive geniuses along with offensive personnel improvements and mediocre results this far.
    ^^^The defense definitely didn't play too well today. That said, doesn't this team have shades of the 2nd year Trestman team? Season was was beyond expectations, so 2nd year expectations were sky high. Defenses both very good and supposed offensive geniuses along with offensive personnel improvements and mediocre results this far.

Defense was really bad yesterday.  Only 1 QB hit the entire game.  And it looks like Hicks will be missing at least a few weeks.  Not good.

Nothing will ever be as bad as the Trestman era.  But yeah the high expectations coming into this season have not been met at all.
    What a steaming pile that game was!
    QB:  Well, Daniel showed why he's been a career backup.  Not saying Trub is much better, he just has more in his pocket to work with.  Hopefully we get him back after the bye.
    RB:  Another game of terrible play calling and a non-existent running game.  I know for a fact that until the Bears fix their o-line, the running game will continue to do absolutely nothing.  
    O-line:  This has got to be, or become, one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.  I don't know how or why Leno is a professional football player.  He is absolutely terrible.  I'm pretty sure Howie Long could play better than Chris Long at this point.  The guy is so bad.  They all just seem so uncoordinated.  
    WRs:  Robinson continues to play great ball.  Miller makes some big plays then makes some boneheaded plays.  Is Wims capable of actually ever getting open?  It's going to be good to get Gabriel back.
    Dline:  No pressure, no nothing.  Losing Hicks is going to hurt.  Can't imagine seeing him back for at least 4-5 weeks.
    LBs:  They honestly seem confused most of the game.  The Raiders didn't play well, but they formulated a good gameplan.  No more than a 3 step drop, count "1, 2, 3", get rid of the ball.  For as good of a defense the Bears have, this plan does seem to be their one issue.
    Backs:  While they played ok, it does show you how much that front 7' presence is and their importance on getting pressure is.

Nagy needs to consider giving up the play calling.  Offense is really bad this year and it wasn't good last year.  If it wasn't for the tricky plays last year, they would have been nothing.  I'm not sure what they can do to coach up the 0-line, if anything.  I do think it's more player/talent related as to why we can't get things moving.  

The Bears need that much deserved break as do the fans after that last game.  Fuck me.

Great article about Kyle Long.  He was an absolute beast his first 4 seasons and seems like a genuinely good guy.  Too bad injuries derailed his career....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-kyle-long-injured-reserve-career-20191018-zdn7f3wqwff2rh3dmg3ze35p7i-story.html
    ^^^It's too bad. Went from being a "WTF" draft pick, to a real team leader and finally, a quick exit.
    Saints vs. Bears 

A game highlighted on the schedule since the preseason as a must watch game. Now, the 1 loss Saints roll into Chicago without Brees, Kamara or Cook, to face the average 3-2 Bears. Meh...
    Absolutely fucking pathetic by the offense and the defense.  What a disaster.
    Coming off a bye is what kills me the most.  They had two weeks to prepare after getting embarrassed by Oakland, and this is the best they could muster up. 
    This team is an absolute joke. It's hard to think that Pace has 2 blunders that each outweigh the fantastic move of bringing Mack to Chicago. 

(Nagy and Mitch for those keeping score at home)