The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2019
    dignin said:

Trump campaign to drop bomb on Biden in early voting states

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/03/trump-biden-campaign-bomb-early-voting-026369
    Hm, well...... Trump just might help Warren win the primaries, and then she'll beat him, and oh my, wouldn't that be insanely satisfying?!
    But it is heinous that it is legal to spew straight up lies on political attack ads, and especially that the sitting POTUS is allowed to pump out lies as propaganda. What a fucked up world.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders blow past Joe Biden in fundraising race

Warren’s campaign reported to donors Friday morning that the Massachusetts senator raised $24.6 million from more than half a million donors in the fundraising quarter that ended Monday. The amount is just shy of the haul by her Senate colleague and fellow progressive Sanders, of Vermont, who earlier in the week reported raising $25.3 million.

By contrast, despite an aggressive fundraising schedule and, at least until recently, front-runner status, Biden’s numbers were anemic. The former vice president’s campaign says he raised $15.2 million.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-04/warren-sanders-biden-fundraising
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Have not one of you fuckers seen Weekend at Bernie’s?  He will not be dropping out. 
  • Jason P said:
    Have not one of you fuckers seen Weekend at Bernie’s?  He will not be dropping out. 
    He may not be but he’s done. Heart attack and two stents will do that. Unless he chooses Kanye, or better yet, Kimmie, as his running mate.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Come on. Are you voting for a 78 year old man who just had a heart attack and had stents to lead the free world?  Time to drop out.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    wasnt voting for him to begin with. he isnt a democrat.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Come on. Are you voting for a 78 year old man who just had a heart attack and had stents to lead the free world?  Time to drop out.  
    Lol. Look at your history of people voted for to "lead the free world".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Jason P said:

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Bernie is switching things up by hiring a new political campaign staff ... people he can relate with to help send his message ...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    That weekend shit is funny. 
  • Yeah, I bet the comments section on Breitbart is having a blast with it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yeah, I bet the comments section on Breitbart is having a blast with it. 
    Nothing says "woke" like losing a sense of humor. 
    mrussel1 said:
    How do you lose something you never had? ;)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Nothing says "high probability of being a shitty person" like using "woke" as a derogatory slur.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hint - you’re not “leading the free world” anymore. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mrussel1 said:
    Nothing says "high probability of being a shitty person" like using "woke" as a derogatory slur.
    Every strength can become a weakness when taken too far.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't mean to be unkind, but I see what's in your mind. And the stone you throw will turn back in its path. One day you'll shatter like a wall of glass.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't mean to be unkind, but I see what's in your mind. And the stone you throw will turn back in its path. One day you'll shatter like a wall of glass.
    Yep one day I'll shatter because I think Weekend at Bernie jokes go too far.  My house of cards will come crumbling. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep one day I'll shatter because I think Weekend at Bernie jokes go too far.  My house of cards will come crumbling. 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    good oped:
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/opinions/bernie-heartattack-parini/index.html

Bernie Sanders' heart attack raises questions

(CNN)We've recently learned two things about Bernie Sanders: that he had a heart attack, and that he was not immediately forthcoming with the news. I wouldn't go so far to call this a "cover-up," not in the Age of Trump, where an entire presidency is a cover-up. But it's dismaying, as it feels like political "business as usual" for Bernie to lack transparency, even for a few days, and even under these vulnerable conditions.

But the heart attack is now a political problem — for him and the Democrats. It may not be possible for Bernie to continue pushing himself in the way he'd have to push himself to be nominated and to beat Donald Trump.
      And beating Trump has become a national emergency. As recent weeks have shown, Trump is dangerously out of touch with reality, with no understanding of the constitutional separation of powers. Trump's behavior with regard to Ukraine (which is likely the tip of a proverbial iceberg) — and more blatantly, his invitation to China to interfere in America's election — makes it clear that he is willing to upend the democratic process itself, OUR democratic process, using his vast authority solely for his own, personal benefit.
      It goes without saying that he should be removed from office, but the Republican propaganda machine is working overtime, and millions of people seem happy to yield their fundamental rights as Americans to this one man.
      Trump needs a strong Democratic opponent, one who is up to a blistering task. I wish to God Bernie were 68 and not 78, and that his health was better.
      I write this having spent a day this week at the hospital, undergoing an angiogram myself because a sibling had a heart attack a few weeks ago, and I've had a worrying breathlessness. The details are unimportant to anyone outside my immediate circle of family and friends, but let's just say I have a renewed sense of human vulnerability. The cardiologist came into the antechamber to the operating room before my procedure and said, "You have two things going against you. You're male, and you're over 70."
      I admit to both. (My angiogram, for the record, showed clear arteries.) But I must admit to my own sense of fragility as a human being. I may well continue to work and live well for another couple of decades. And I hope very much that Bernie Sanders recovers well and continues to speak up for the disadvantaged for decades to come. We've seen US senators who have continued into their 80s and 90s to provide useful wisdom and perspective. As a nation, we really must learn to treasure our experience. As we read in Psalm 90:12: "Teach us to number our days, so that we may apply our hearts to wisdom."
      But youth — even relative youth — is precious, and whoever is president of this country after Trump's disastrous years will have unbelievable demands on his or her body and soul. Trump, by the way is 73. Joe Biden is 76.
      Elizabeth Warren turned 70 a few months ago, with the inherent advantage my doctor spoke of: she's a woman.
        I personally hope that Bernie has the wisdom to accept that he has already won. His arguments are now central planks in the Democratic debates, and there is a vast progressive movement that he has fathered. May he get well and continue for years to be a force for change.
        Yet it may be time for Bernie to say, with nobility and generosity: "I now support Elizabeth Warren. She is a warrior for good, and she's in better health than I am. Together we can make America truly great in ways previously unimaginable."
        edited October 2019
        mcgruff10 said:
        Yeah we screwed up with trump but I am interested in the rest. Tell me about the history, I am very much intrigued.  
      • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
        Perfect example of answering a logical question with a stupid fucking condescending statement.  

Consider the source.
        The love he receives is the love that is saved
      • mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        Yeah we screwed up with trump but I am interested in the rest. Tell me about the history, I am very much intrigued.  
        A man with a good heart (pun intended) can't be voted for to lead the free world because he had a heart attack.

While:

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
        At least his tie is the proper length.

War is bad.  Incompetence is worse.
        Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
        ikiT said:

The tie is perfect.  Right at the belt.  Really nicely done. 
      • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
        edited October 2019
        ikiT said:

I'd say incompetence is better than war in most cases(?). Incompetence doesn't have to lead to:

I ll never forget when W came out and threw that first pitch at the World Series.  There is an awesome 30 for 30 on it.  
        So W was the obvious choice, I would have bet my house you would have picked that one.  
      • mcgruff10 said:
        So W was the obvious choice, I would have bet my house you would have picked that one.  
        What has obvious to do with giving an answer to the question?

- Name the worst dictator?
        - Adolf Hitler
        - Such an obviouuus choiceeee. I'm way more into deep cuts. You so mainstream bae. lol. Betting houses and shit on that answer. 
      This discussion has been closed.