Say something nice about a fellow board member.

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    kaseylily is a great trader..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I would like to post a special thank you to the following members....

F me in the Brain
    Northerndragon
    Dankind
    SD(and some numbers I can't remember)
    Enkidu
    Hedonist
    Wobbie
    Deadendp
    Often reading
    Hobbes

Thank you all for making my hubby's birthday very special. He's a lucky guy to have friends like you. :hug:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Welcome, he is a peach of an asshole a guy!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Welcome, he is a peach of an asshole a guy!

:lol: I think you had it right the first time, but he sure is a lovable one.  And anyone who is good to him has a special place in my heart. :)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Was my pleasure, RS.

So very thankful to have some people I've come to know and genuinely love here...who are now firmly part of my life - a really nice part of my life.

It's a wild and odd happening, when you (well, when I) think about it.  How paths can digitally cross - in this medium, really? - but yes, it happens, so strongly, so perfectly, sometimes.  So strongly and so perfectly that the actual physical meeting feels like giving love to someone known for ages.

So, yeah.  Better to bare the soul and give the love, than keep that shit in the shade.

Shine on, I suppose.  And bask in it as able :) 
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I would like to post a special thank you to the following members....

F me in the Brain
    Northerndragon
    Dankind
    SD(and some numbers I can't remember)
    Enkidu
    Hedonist
    Wobbie
    Deadendp
    Often reading
    Hobbes

Thank you all for making my hubby's birthday very special. He's a lucky guy to have friends like you. :hug:
    Damn right he's lucky.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    njnancy tells it like it is in a way that isn't the least bit spiteful. She's careful with her words even when discussions get heated. She's insightful, kind, funny, and supportive. And she's one of the people I admire most on these forums. You're awesome, Nancy! :clap:  :joy:
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy tells it like it is in a way that isn't the least bit spiteful. She's careful with her words even when discussions get heated. She's insightful, kind, funny, and supportive. And she's one of the people I admire most on these forums. You're awesome, Nancy! :clap:  :joy:
    @OffSheGoes35 Awww...thank you so much! I was reading through old threads and got to the end of this one and what a nice surprise. It is very kind of you. You are quite awesome yourself. 

Now you just keep being your bad assed self and remember that we get to be rocking chair spinsters together someday if we don't find our swan. (There ain't no swans, who am I kidding :lol::hug:
    edited May 2019
    @njnancy
    Rock
    ing Chair Spinsters  :rock_on:   Nice!  
    I haven't forgotten at all (looking forward to it)!   :hug:
    njnancy said:
    @OffSheGoes35 Awww...thank you so much! I was reading through old threads and got to the end of this one and what a nice surprise. It is very kind of you. You are quite awesome yourself. 

Now you just keep being your bad assed self and remember that we get to be rocking chair spinsters together someday if we don't find our swan. (There ain't no swans, who am I kidding :lol::hug:
    See the source image
    :giggle:

Hobbes, you'll always be my favorite Macho Man.
    Related image
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Related image
                                     ^^^

Looks just like him, too. 

Uncanny!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Related image
                                     ^^^

Looks just like him, too. 

Uncanny!

Hobbes said:
    njnancy said:

See the source image
    :lol: I'd better start shopping for rocking chairs.

@Fifthelement - I don't recall any kerfuffle or ill will in which you've been involved here.  Always there with genuine support - not lip service - for those who need it.  You've offered it to me, and I've seen you do the same for others as well.

It is not unnoticed and means a lot...and I hope that circle comes back around - whether you want it to or not =)
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    hedonist said:
    @Fifthelement - I don't recall any kerfuffle or ill will in which you've been involved here.  Always there with genuine support - not lip service - for those who need it.  You've offered it to me, and I've seen you do the same for others as well.

It is not unnoticed and means a lot...and I hope that circle comes back around - whether you want it to or not =)
    Thank you for your lovely, kind words.  This community was a literal life-saver for me a few years ago when things were at their darkest.  

Just trying to do my part a put some positive energy into the world which, as you know, can be a challenge in these trying times.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited October 2019
    I just want to thank @Hobbes for introducing me to my soulmate, Rambo. Thanks to your spot-on matchmaking skills, I have a whole new ass-kicking family...
    Related image

Image result for rambo dog costume
    You're the best, man! :joy:
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    ^^^ I do not know which one is more adorable! 💓💓💓Awesome!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    ^^^ I do not know which one is more adorable! 💓💓💓Awesome!
    You're awesome! :hug:

I just want to thank @Hobbes for introducing me to my soulmate, Rambo. Thanks to your spot-on matchmaking skills, I have a whole new ass-kicking family...
    Related image

Hmm... I was attempting to match you with Sloth. I suppose he's Rambo-esque.

See the source image
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2019
    Hobbes said:
    Related image

Hmm... I was attempting to match you with Sloth. I suppose he's Rambo-esque.

See the source image
    B-b-b-b-b-but Sloth love Chunk.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Plenty of Sloth to go around. @SlothSheGoes35, what say ye? Care to share with Chunk? There'll be chocolate, I'm sure.

See the source image
    edited October 2019
    Ummm, I'm keeping the damn dog. The stork is welcome to take the baby back(at its own peril), but the Rambo dog stays!

And I love chocolate, good call!
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Rgambs is a good guy.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Rgambs is a good guy.
    Yes, he is!
    To @MF117973 , you've been a positive addition to this place.  Really nice to have you around :)

As to the song, I figure you like Bowie - you'd better! - and this particular one has helped me in numerous ways; the man was a genius.  Boy George does some sweet versions as well.

https://youtu.be/FESqVVlU2YY

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    To @MF117973 , you've been a positive addition to this place.  Really nice to have you around :)

As to the song, I figure you like Bowie - you'd better! - and this particular one has helped me in numerous ways; the man was a genius.  Boy George does some sweet versions as well.

https://youtu.be/FESqVVlU2YY

@hedonist Wow. Thanks so much. Your post made my day. I have been member of the forum for so long but really just stayed on the Porch and read posts without posting myself. This year I decided to get more involved because everyone seemed not only so nice but  had built up a community that I wanted to be part of. I know a lot of you have been friends on here for so long, but everyone has been so nice and I now I feel a part of it too. 

And I must say something nice about you as well. I love how you always speak your mind and stick up for others when they are being attacked. That is one of the most admirable qualities a person can have. And yes. I love love love Bowie. His NYC apartment was not too far from me. When he died I went over there. It was beautiful. Flowers everywhere. But so sad. Here is a photo I took 

You made MY day - thank you for your words and the photo of so much love given. 
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    @F Me in the Brain
    @tempo_n_groove
    @brianlux
    @dankind
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    @GlowGirl
    @Hedonist
    @Deadendp
    @oftenreading
    @tish
    @Hobbes
    @lastexitlondon

I just wanna say i love your posts and I'm really happy to be connected to you all, so thank you.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on