Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions- Poster Exhibit

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    demetrios said:
    Damn. I was checking pretty frequently for those to go up. Of course I didn’t check today. 
  • With tomorrow being the last day for the aluminum editions, how many people here bought one? 

I was tempted, but with that price tag I couldn’t pull the trigger. 
  • JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    +1 Chief
    Cheaper than the foil, which is, IMO, really 
    Spectacular!!!
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I had actually purchased a 2xl from them but cancelled it a few days later. They took like 25 bucks from me for doing that, but once I read about issues with framing something that big plus the ridiculousness of having a 5 foot Pearl Jam poster on my wall, I just had to cancel.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • demetrios said:
    I'm glad to see the prices on these come wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down too.
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    edited October 2019
    JamesN said:
    +1 Chief
    Cheaper than the foil, which is, IMO, really 
    Spectacular!!!
    Also +1 on the chief, and +1 on Kong and Wrigley.

$1,100 is about 5 times cheaper than the foil. The last show edition on ebay sold for over $1,000. Add the cost of a nice frame job and the aluminum version is cheaper even than the SE. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

The aluminum poster for Edmonton was a good deal compared to the prices for other versions.  I was on the fence about buying.  If I didn't live in an apartment, or if I could have hung it up at work (the sad chief probably wouldn't be work appropriate) then I would have bought it.  With it being so large I passed. 

Exhibit closing
    Sunday, October 13

After two incredible, memorable, months, PEARL JAM: LIVE IN TWO DIMENSIONS is drawing to its close. Haight Street Art Center will begin taking the show down on Monday the 14th. First however, we’ve scheduled two very important events featuring none other than the AMES BROS—Barry Ament & Coby Schultz—the two architects of Pearl Jam’s poster program and graphic identity. Please check out details below.

Friday 10/11
    In Conversation With
    Ames Bros

Just Announced: KFOG Alum Irish Greg McQuaid will interview Barry and Coby and conduct a question & answer session live in HSAC’s Print Studio Gallery. This is a seated event. Attendance will be strictly limited. Please reserve your seat now.
    When: Friday October 11
    Doors @ 6pm / Q&A @ 7pm

Where: Haight Street Art Center
    215 Haight Street (at Laguna)
    San Francisco CA 94102
    (Nearby Muni lines: 6, 7, and F)

Cost: Free!

(Reservation required)

Saturday 10/12
    Meet the Artists
    Ames Bros

Next Saturday, October 12th, HSAC is hosting a LIVE IN TWO DIMENSIONS Public Closing Reception featuring a special expanded selection of AMES BROS poster art in our Upper Level Print Studio Gallery. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to meet Barry and Coby and check out their latest poster releases!!!
    When: Sat Oct 12 @ 12 noon to 6 pm

Where: Haight Street Art Center
    215 Haight Street (at Laguna)
    San Francisco CA 94102
    (Nearby Muni lines: 6, 7, and F)

Cost: Free!

(appreciated, but not required)
    The Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions poster exhibition is free to view, now through October 13, 2019.
    Tickets on sale now. Check out In Conversation with Ames Bros Oct 11th, 2019: https://haightstreetart.org/products/conversation-with-ames-bros

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    edited October 2019
    demetrios said:
    Tickets on sale now. Check out In Conversation with Ames Bros Oct 11th, 2019: https://haightstreetart.org/products/conversation-with-ames-bros

"Cost: Free! RSVP appreciated, but not required" I think there will be plenty of room for all. And actually it's Oct. 12th.

edited October 2019
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

"Cost: Free! RSVP appreciated, but not required" I think there will be plenty of room for all. And actually it's Oct. 12th.

Site & newsletter say's October 11th for the conversation. Public Closing Reception is the 12th.

"This is a seated event. Attendance will be strictly limited. Please reserve your seat now."

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    demetrios said:
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

Site & newsletter say's October 11th for the conversation. Public Closing Reception is the 12th.

"This is a seated event. Attendance will be strictly limited. Please reserve your seat now."

I stand corrected.
    edited October 2019
    Sorry my bad. 

-Friday the 11th. In Conversation with Ames Bros. Doors @ 6pm / Q&A @ 7pm. Tickets still available.
    -Saturday the 12th. Meet the artists Ames Bros.  12 noon to 6 pm
    -Sunday the 13th exhibition closes @ 6pm.
    -Haight Street Art Center will begin taking the show down on Monday the 14th.
    Wonder when Brad Klausen will be there.

haightstreetart - Thank you to everyone who came out tonight for the Ames Bros Q&A! They'll be back tomorrow (Sat 10/12) to release some new goodies, chat, and sign a few things. We're open 12-6pm. Coby and Barry will be mingling mid-afternoon for a few hours.#PJin2D #pearljam #AmesBros #posters #posterart

• HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 493
    Anyone know when the aluminum prints will start shipping?
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141

Yesterday was the closing day of the exhibition at the Haight Street Art Center in San Francisco Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions, an exhibition dedicated to Pearl Jam concert posters.

Thanks to our contributor Ella Marie, we have the pleasure to show you an exclusive video and a picture gallery from the event Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions.

When you trust people you work with and let them have that freedom, that’s when the chemistry happens. That’s when the real art goes down.” – Jeff Ament

READ MORE https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-live-in-two-dimensions-the-photo-reportage-of-the-exhibition/
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Can anyone confirm if Brad Klausen was there this past weekend?
    edited October 2019
    He wasnt. Brad will be there in a few days as well he will be doing a cool poster festival on October 19th, all happening in San Francisco. :) 
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,096
    Does anyone know if the new Ames Bros prints will be available online?
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    demetrios said:
    He wasnt. Brad will be there in a few days as well he will be doing a cool poster festival on October 19th, all happening in San Francisco. :) 
    Ah yes, TRPS. Thanks.