2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    The Raptors also had DeRozan on that 2017-18 team
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Poncier said:
    The Raptors also had DeRozan on that 2017-18 team
    I think siakam will be better than him this year.  atleast i hope so. 
    Siakam was great last year, but that was on a team where Kawhi Leonard was the main focus of the other team. He is gone and guys like Siakam won't get as many open opportunities as last year as a result. 
    We'll see, I just think the Raptors lost the most in the east personnel-wise (pretty obvious since they lost arguably the league's best player) and didn't add much of anything back. Only draft pick was 2nd to last pick in round 2 (Celtics by comparison had 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, not that any of these guys will have a huge impact, but there's more possibility for depth help at least).
    Should be a fun season, its pretty wide open.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Poncier said:
    Siakam was great last year, but that was on a team where Kawhi Leonard was the main focus of the other team. He is gone and guys like Siakam won't get as many open opportunities as last year as a result. 
    We'll see, I just think the Raptors lost the most in the east personnel-wise (pretty obvious since they lost arguably the league's best player) and didn't add much of anything back. Only draft pick was 2nd to last pick in round 2 (Celtics by comparison had 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, not that any of these guys will have a huge impact, but there's more possibility for depth help at least).
    I agree that it should be a fun year.  so many question going into the season which makes it more fun than in years past
  • Poncier said:
    DeRozan wasn't "the guy" and Siakm actually worked on his game to improve.  Don't count out the Raptors as far as making the playoffs because they will.  They won't make it deep though.

With all the shakeups this offseason there is ZERO continuity or chemistry this year other than the Bucks.  Put that in to perspective for the playoff runs.

I can't count out Lebron out west.

Not sure what the Clippers will actually be able to do?

It will be interesting.
    Poncier said:
    DeRozan wasn't "the guy" and Siakm actually worked on his game to improve.  Don't count out the Raptors as far as making the playoffs because they will.  They won't make it deep though.
    Never said I don't expect them to make the playoffs, said I expect them to be a bottom half seed, 5-8.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Never said I don't expect them to make the playoffs, said I expect them to be a bottom half seed, 5-8.
    I would put them higher.  

Curious to what the 76ers do now that Butler is gone?
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Well once again their first 3 options off the bench are Mike Scott, The juggler and pjhawks, so they don't currently have the depth to really compete for a title once the playoffs start. They'll win 50-54 regular season games and flame out early in the playoffs again if Embiid can stay on the floor. And losing Redick's shooting will hurt them, although Ben Simmons might take up the 3 point slack.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Well once again their first 3 options off the bench are Mike Scott, The juggler and pjhawks, so they don't currently have the depth to really compete for a title once the playoffs start. They'll win 50-54 regular season games and flame out early in the playoffs again if Embiid can stay on the floor. And losing Redick's shooting will hurt them, although Ben Simmons might take up the 3 point slack.
    Simmons shoot a 3?  Is this a joke?
    There may be a hint of sarcasm in that last sentence.
  • Poncier said:
    There may be a hint of sarcasm in that last sentence.
    OK, I thought it was a joke, lol!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I can still flat out shoot the rock.  I'm just too old to run up and down the court anymore.

I have concerns about the Sixers shooting as well.  I don't think they have enough shooters for today's NBA.  they are kind of going at it a different way than other teams.  will be quite interesting to see.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    glad we landed Reddick.  Expecting a solid season from Zion too but i think the experts are expecting numbers he cant reach.  Pelicans have a crazy amount of depth.  He’s not going to be putting up insane numbers
  • glad we landed Reddick.  Expecting a solid season from Zion too but i think the experts are expecting numbers he cant reach.  Pelicans have a crazy amount of depth.  He’s not going to be putting up insane numbers
    Betcha he does 20/10 average for the season.
  • I'd like to start a new thread for 19/20 but I know some of you curmudgeons don't like change...

It would be fresh and have predictions on the FIRST page so talking smack later is easier to do to find out who doesn't know shit, lol.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    glad we landed Reddick.  Expecting a solid season from Zion too but i think the experts are expecting numbers he cant reach.  Pelicans have a crazy amount of depth.  He’s not going to be putting up insane numbers
    I'd take that bet. I don't think he's a 10 rpg player in the NBA.
  • glad we landed Reddick.  Expecting a solid season from Zion too but i think the experts are expecting numbers he cant reach.  Pelicans have a crazy amount of depth.  He’s not going to be putting up insane numbers
    I'd take that bet. I don't think he's a 10 rpg player in the NBA.
    We can do so on the new thread....
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Gentlemen, season starts tomorrow, we gonna have a new thread or we continue here??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    23scidoo said:
    Gentlemen, season starts tomorrow, we gonna have a new thread or we continue here??
    I'm always a fan of the continuation but if you guys want to start a new one for the next NBA Champion 76ers, go right ahead.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo said:
    I'm always a fan of the continuation but if you guys want to start a new one for the next NBA Champion 76ers, go right ahead.
    Jesus, delusions are starting already?!?

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7026935#Comment_7026935
    edited October 2019
    23scidoo said:
    Jesus, delusions are starting already?!?

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7026935#Comment_7026935
    EC Champs or bust.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bust it is then
  • Poncier said:
    Bust it is then
    lol
  • Everyone that is a Sixers fan please start your trash talking now so at the end of the year all I have to do is go to the first page of the thread to remind you of what you said, lol!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Extra time on first game of season..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Everyone that is a Sixers fan please start your trash talking now so at the end of the year all I have to do is go to the first page of the thread to remind you of what you said, lol!
    It’s the Sixers and the Bucks and everyone else in the East...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Everyone that is a Sixers fan please start your trash talking now so at the end of the year all I have to do is go to the first page of the thread to remind you of what you said, lol!
    Boston should be a better team w out Kyrie and the Nets should have some fight.
    Everyone that is a Sixers fan please start your trash talking now so at the end of the year all I have to do is go to the first page of the thread to remind you of what you said, lol!
    They will be nice second tier East teams for sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    bos +5
    dal -8.5
    por -1.5
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

They will be nice second tier East teams for sure.
    What's your view on the Wizards?  That team should be better than what they are.  Trade friggin Beal already and rebuild.  Wall I don't think can play w anyone and the addition of Howard either makes them better or worse.  If he only plays D then they are better.

Howard doesn't need to score anymore.  Be a Rodman type payer and D up.

Will be interesting to see how they match up against Dallas tonight.