Options

Love You, Hate You

josephmitchjosephmitch Posts: 17
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
So I'm listening to some old boot legs and I heard a song I totaly forgot about called "love you, hate you". Now everything on this booleg is supposedly a cover song. Does anyone know who originaly sung this song? And why isn't it on the song index (unless they gave the song another name).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    My understanding is that it's an improv, not a cover.
  • Options
    josephmitchjosephmitch Posts: 17
    It's freaking awesome. Another song on the disk is "Meaningless" which starts out as "I'm special" and just goes into a total improv, man this disk is awesome.
  • Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    could you upload the cd?
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Love that song. Yeah, I also believe it is an improv.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    It's freaking awesome. Another song on the disk is "Meaningless" which starts out as "I'm special" and just goes into a total improv, man this disk is awesome.

Meaningless is an improv, but it takes from a few different sources. The "I'm special" part is the chorus from the Pretenders song Brass in Pocket. Before that, he throws in part of the James Taylor song Shower the People. It's from Zurich 1992. That was the first boot I ever owned. :D

Oh, the memories!
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    that's funny, I posted a question about this on the Porch. I heard the song on AOL's all PJ radio station and was also wondering where it was from. It's great.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 68
    i have "get out of l.a." it was my first boot...i'll totally upload it if someone can give me very detailed instructions on how to do it...it's a great disc...and i owe so many people on this site for all the great music they have given me...

kev