Options

Inside the song: SPOONMAN

Because of them talking about Matt some, I post it here:

https://youtu.be/R1KzFPRQp4c
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    I cant stop listening  to superunknown . I mean 5 times  a day. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,418
    That’s one of the albums (not sure if you mean the song) that’s connected to a distinct time and place in my life.  I vividly remember when it came out and anytime I hear it I’m transported back to being 22 and everything that was happening then.  It’s like a time machine for me. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Spoonman is just a beast of a track. Cool to see the parts broken out and analyzed like that.

• Options
    on2legs said:
    That’s one of the albums (not sure if you mean the song) that’s connected to a distinct time and place in my life.  I vividly remember when it came out and anytime I hear it I’m transported back to being 22 and everything that was happening then.  It’s like a time machine for me. 
    The album. Im in love  with all of it with a special mention to fresh tendrils. Also since i read up on lyric meanings.  4th of july has become something else. C.c says its about doing acid and the  police roll up. 
    Wonderfully different to what i thought.  I want to know more meanings  of lyrics on that album

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Nice trivia from Wiki.

"Spoonman" was originally written for the soundtrack to the 1992 film Singles. At this time, Soundgarden, along with fellow alternative rock band Pearl Jam, was working on the soundtrack for the film. Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament had been put in charge of creating the name for a fictional band that would appear in the film. Before finally choosing Citizen Dick for its name, Ament had compiled a list of potential names which included the name "Spoonman". The name was inspired by Artis the Spoonman, a street performer from Santa Cruz, California and later Seattle, Washington, who plays music with a set of spoons.Soundgarden vocalist and songwriter Chris Cornell eventually used the names on the list to create songs for the film. "Spoonman" was among these, and an acoustic version was created from it. This early version of the song can be heard during a scene in the film in which a poster advertising a Citizen Dick show is stapled to a lightpost.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    If you need something to binge watch, Rick Beato's "What Makes this Song Great" on youtube is excellent.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited September 2019
    If you need something to binge watch, Rick Beato's "What Makes this Song Great" on youtube is excellent.
    Yeah. But I prefer Warrens inside the song more. Don't know why though. Maybe because he produced Ace Frehleys Origins vol 1 album.

Is Rick Beato a "professional"?

Both are great. There's a video of them both talking too, so they seem to know each other.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"