Jimi Hendrix, November 27, 1942 - September 18, 1970

2»

Comments

• mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    Forty seven years ago today the news laid me low.  :frowning:
    Well, this just answered what I'm spinning on the record player after work today. I can only imagine how crushing this would have been if I was in my youth during his peak. What a talented musician.
    Me too.  I think I'm going with Jimi Plays the Blues.. one of my favorites.  

Fine choice right there! Love the acoustic version of Hear My Train a Comin'.

We miss you Jimi!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    Well, this just answered what I'm spinning on the record player after work today. I can only imagine how crushing this would have been if I was in my youth during his peak. What a talented musician.

We miss you Jimi!
    Haha, this was posted a while ago I think.  Maybe last year.  Now I'm reminded and will bust that record out again tonight.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:

We miss you Jimi!
    Haha, this was posted a while ago I think.  Maybe last year.  Now I'm reminded and will bust that record out again tonight.  
    Yeah, great stuff there!

I'm not real big at all into the whole speculative what if Jimi had lived thing but I do wish he had done an album of acoustic blues.  His acoustic version of Hear My Train a Comin' is great of course- and even more so considering he was obviously a little camera shy on that take- but I think it only hints at how great a Hendrix acoustic blues album would have been. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Love Jimi!

Electric Ladyland completely changed my perception of music. That album illustrated the phenomenon of the connection between guitar and mind that goes way past just one's sense of hearing. 

Headphones, dark room, right mood.... it is a wholly spiritual experience. 

The world lost him too soon. RIP Jimi!

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    dudeman said:
    Love Jimi!

Electric Ladyland completely changed my perception of music. That album illustrated the phenomenon of the connection between guitar and mind that goes way past just one's sense of hearing. 

Headphones, dark room, right mood.... it is a wholly spiritual experience. 

The world lost him too soon. RIP Jimi!

Nicely said, Dudeman!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:

We miss you Jimi!
    I know, I just wanted to acknowledge our excellent taste in music. :wink:
  • brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:

We miss you Jimi!
    Yeah, great stuff there!

I'm not real big at all into the whole speculative what if Jimi had lived thing but I do wish he had done an album of acoustic blues.  His acoustic version of Hear My Train a Comin' is great of course- and even more so considering he was obviously a little camera shy on that take- but I think it only hints at how great a Hendrix acoustic blues album would have been. 

THAT is the album that got away...Hendrix acoustic blues. 
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:

We miss you Jimi!
    Yeah, great stuff there!

THAT is the album that got away...Hendrix acoustic blues. 
    For sure.  It's a bit painful to think of what we might have missed.  The only cure for that is to put on something we do get to hear!