Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos said:
    So is S/T going to be the next Vault?
    So I was off by one.
    #FHP
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    It would be nice of them to toss in a token copy of the actual album as part of the package.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    DewieCox said:
    It would be nice of them to toss in a token copy of the actual album as part of the package.
    Oh, man. Thanks for pointing this out. I was considering renewal, but I guess I'll save my money.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    dankind said:
    DewieCox said:
    Oh, man. Thanks for pointing this out. I was considering renewal, but I guess I'll save my money.
    Wait, you guys are interpreting that this doesn't actually have the album included?  WTF!!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    DewieCox said:
    Wait, you guys are interpreting that this doesn't actually have the album included?  WTF!!
    Out takes only.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Yeah a little surprising it doesnt have the actual album but nothing wrong with the copy Ive got. Is this new that orders are open for 3 months.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    FR181798 said:
    Yeah a little surprising it doesnt have the actual album but nothing wrong with the copy Ive got. Is this new that orders are open for 3 months.
    Maybe because they're restructuring the vault's pricing and adding the yearly option.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited August 2019
    Saw it was going up by another $5. I know its not a lot but some vaults are definitely more worth it than others. Im in the UK so its $85 going forward which is starting to feel a bit pricey. The packaging/design is always superb though. Got my Vault 1, 2009 t shirt on today, its lasted well.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
    FR181798 said:
    Saw it was going up by another $5. I know its not a lot but some vaults are definitely more worth it than others. Im in the UK so its $85 going forward which is starting to feel a bit pricey. The packaging/design is always superb though. Got my Vault 1, 2009 t shirt on today, its lasted well.
    I was talking to someone about this.. I know it's 99% coincidence, but...  ever since the TMR/PJ vault, the size of the package has gone down.  The PJ one was pretty weak, other than it was PJ and a cool show.  But no BR/DVD, single album, etc. was pretty chincy.  Ever since then, I feel like many of the packages have been shorted.  
    mrussel1 said:
    FR181798 said:
    I was talking to someone about this.. I know it's 99% coincidence, but...  ever since the TMR/PJ vault, the size of the package has gone down.  The PJ one was pretty weak, other than it was PJ and a cool show.  But no BR/DVD, single album, etc. was pretty chincy.  Ever since then, I feel like many of the packages have been shorted.  
    I could live without all the extras, happy with the vinyl and single.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Jumping back in, but wish all the live shows were on Vinyl, or at least CD rather than DVD
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I wouldn't mind another tshirt. I could live without photo books but overall I'm satisfied with the packages.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I dig the shirts. Those are probably the best value. It’s a mixed bag if they’re worth it to me. Some have have been among the best deals on boxed sets. $60 for a 3xLP and dvd in a nice box is great. Anything with a shirt has been good, especially if you look at it with regular band t’s in mind. 

Help Me Stranger box was a little skimpy on content, especially once we seen the price of the standard issue. 
    DewieCox said:
    I dig the shirts. Those are probably the best value. It’s a mixed bag if they’re worth it to me. Some have have been among the best deals on boxed sets. $60 for a 3xLP and dvd in a nice box is great. Anything with a shirt has been good, especially if you look at it with regular band t’s in mind. 

Help Me Stranger box was a little skimpy on content, especially once we seen the price of the standard issue. 
    Sleep was such a good deal, you should buy mine.  
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I love the live dvds.   Guess if I had to nitpick I’d rather have blu Ray, but mostly like the packages.  I have dropped subscription a few times over the years.    The books are the least of the attractions offered in my opinion.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I don't think I've watched a single DVD they've sent. I'm all about the vinyl.

Haven't decided if I want this Stripes Vault. Its pretty much the only TMR thing I'm interested in anymore, but IDK how much I'll listen to a live show and outtakes from my least favorite Stripes record. 

Also, I'm glad they aren't including a copy of the actual record. I already have a couple
    edited August 2019
    I don't think I've watched a single DVD they've sent. I'm all about the vinyl.

Haven't decided if I want this Stripes Vault. Its pretty much the only TMR thing I'm interested in anymore, but IDK how much I'll listen to a live show and outtakes from my least favorite Stripes record. 

Also, I'm glad they aren't including a copy of the actual record. I already have a couple
    Well at least you have 3 months now to decide. Its getting harder to justify these for me, I opted in this time just to add to the collection. I look at what it costs with UK shipping and for the same money can pick up records from the 90s that havent been reissued yet and been wanting for a while or 3-4 new records. I like when I see a Vault that has no interest to me.

Hopefully Iron and Wine blue and blacks will appear in the novelties shop which would make it a little more worthwhile for me.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Yeah, just saw his set. That’s a good listen. 
    Can any Vault member tell me what the deal is with Nugs Thirdman Thursdays? Any discounts, etc? I'll be back in the vault for the next one but may do so sooner if there are any deals with Nugs.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Anyone else been listening to the Stripes podcast? Good stuff.
    #FHP
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    JK_Livin said:
    Can any Vault member tell me what the deal is with Nugs Thirdman Thursdays? Any discounts, etc? I'll be back in the vault for the next one but may do so sooner if there are any deals with Nugs.
    Third Man is joining forces with Nugs to post archived live recordings on the streaming service (shows will also be available for download or CD purchase). It’s primarily been previous shows that were released as Vault packages so far. New recordings will go up every third Thursday of each month, according to TMR Vault. There’s also an introductory offer to join for $3.33 per month for the first three months.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Horos said:
    Anyone else been listening to the Stripes podcast? Good stuff.
    Just finished episode 5, and damn, I have to sign up for the White Stripes XX Vault now...
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just ordered this.looks awesome to me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Unloading some unique items. $150 shipped (CAN/US) takes everything pictured here. I know some of these singles are in the $30-40 range on their own. I just don’t want to deal with selling/shipping to multiple places. Here’s what’s included. 
    9 - 7” singles/demos/outtakes/etc. from Jack White, Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, The White Stripes, The GO. 
    2 - DVD’s. The Raconteurs, one White Stripes
    3 - TMR Books. The Dead Weather, The GO, and Jack White. 
    1 - Slipmat. Raconteurs. 
    1 - Bandana. Raconteurs. 
    1 - Patch. Raconteurs 
    1 - Sticker set (4). Raconteurs. 

No surprise. Might pull the trigger.
    Yeah I'm going to jump back in for this.  I hope he doesn't double up on songs like they did on that last JW live release.   That kind of sucked. I wish it was one continuous show, but it doesn't seem that way.  It is nice that they've finally moved into Blu ray, rather than DVD.  So I think this is a pretty good deal.  
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    I might have to get this next vault. Looks pretty cool. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Wish I could get the Live Billie Eilish  for my daughter but it's only going to be available in the Thirdman storefronts.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    DewieCox said:

No surprise. Might pull the trigger.
    Didn't they say the 42 was going to be the last quarterly vault? They were going to a year long subscription.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    JK_Livin said:
    Didn't they say the 42 was going to be the last quarterly vault? They were going to a year long subscription.
    It's going to be that last quarterly Vault at a $60 price point. It's going up to $65 per quarter, or you can subscribe annually for $240 in the US in order to keep it at $60/quarter.