Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Does Acuna get 40/40?  Man I hope so!!!
    I hope so too. It's really been fun watching him play this year. He's got 21 games to get 3 homers and 6 stolen bases. Unless he just completely slumps the last 3 weeks, I think he'll get it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Would love to see Acuna get it!   He'd only be the 5th ever.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    guessing bonds was one and maybe eric davis?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Soriano!  Love that guy
  • Options
    Ha, ED has never been that close.

Cansco, Bonds, Rodriguez, Soriano.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Fuuuuck! Pineda suspended for PEDs. Huge blow to the Twins.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,293
    tbergs said:
    Fuuuuck! Pineda suspended for PEDs. Huge blow to the Twins.
    He was pitching too well
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Yelich with three stolen bases against the lovable Cubbies last night puts him in 30 / 30 ... might have a chance at two players joining 40 / 40 this year
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    2 possibly 3 teams will hit 300 home runs this year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Red Sox fire Dombrowski
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

1987 - 37 HR, 50 SB

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    cutz said:
    Wow!!!

Their swings are so odd.  Very lunging. Reminds me more of a fast pitch softball swing than a modern baseball swing.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    And, across 2 seasons, 162 games...

"...162-game numbers for Davis, starting June 11, 1986 and ending July 4, 1987? Get ready for it, because it will not disappoint:

It doesn't mean anything, in terms of records.  As shared here, previously, he was my favorite player during that time. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    edited September 2019
    igotid88 said:
    Red Sox fire Dombrowski
    I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but there is one true thing, Dombrowski will get you a one/two year window to be competitive and will leave you with an insane payroll and no farm system.

That said, always love Red Sox turmoil. 

• Options

1987 - 37 HR, 50 SB

Oh shit that was the year he went on fire, forgot about that one.  He fell off a cliff after that.
  • Options
    And, across 2 seasons, 162 games...

"...162-game numbers for Davis, starting June 11, 1986 and ending July 4, 1987? Get ready for it, because it will not disappoint:

It doesn't mean anything, in terms of records.  As shared here, previously, he was my favorite player during that time. 

I remember reading about this and that is a good run but in 87 everyone seemed to have a good run, lol.
  • Options
    Bruce Bochy has managed the San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants from 1995-2019.  His career record is 1995-2019.
    It's the only time in MLB history that a manager's record has equalled his years of tenure.  He should just retire this afternoon.
  • Options
    Bruce Bochy has managed the San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants from 1995-2019.  His career record is 1995-2019.
    It's the only time in MLB history that a manager's record has equalled his years of tenure.  He should just retire this afternoon.
    HAHAHA!!! What a stupid damn stat.  Someone got paid to figure that out, lol!
  • Options
    You could just go to baseball reference
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Are you actually looking for that stat though, c'mon.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Not specifically that stat. But I go through it probably more than I need to and I would probably notice it. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Not specifically that stat. But I go through it probably more than I need to and I would probably notice it. 
    If you catch something like that post it.  If I find it somewhere else posted though you don't get props for finding stupid shit then.
  • Options
    I think someone on twitter realized it by looking at b-ref, but then someone else took it further to see if it had ever been done before. That person has a subscription to some crazy stat site.  It was then reposted by one of the (handful of) crazy stat guys I follow.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Good grief, Mr .500.  Bruce and Jeff Fisher should buy an RV and go around the country giving seminars on mediocrity.  
  • Options
    How is Edwin Jackson still in the league?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,242
    Jason P said:
    Good grief, Mr .500.  Bruce and Jeff Fisher should buy an RV and go around the country giving seminars on mediocrity.  
    Eh....baseball, you're gonna lose a lot of games. Leyland is about .500 for his career too for example. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Damn, Yellich out for the rest of the season!!