Pearl Jam Do The Evolution Music Video Art Book Comes To IDW

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I really wish people wouldn't rely solely on facebook for shit.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144

I miss igotid88
    edited May 2019
    I think we have our book cover. It's with the band now, waiting for their review and final approval. What do you all think?

Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    YES!!!!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    That lettering looks terrible on the cover.  And the brown and blue spine with the brown band of color along the top of the cover look awful.

I'm prepping a couple of dozen new production designs done by studio for the Do the Evolution video production and offering them up for sale. The pieces include model sheet originals, model roughs, color comps and more. Here's one of them a really evocative sketch of Death Girl's dance poses, done by Brad Coombs for the production. 
    I miss igotid88
    The Suicidal Businessman model sheet. Judging from the rumbling's in Wall Street and around the world, he may have some company coming up in the near future...

I miss igotid88

Joe Pearson
    Hi folks, happy Sunday to you all. Here's a glimpse of the new proposed cover to our book, 'Pearl Jam: the Art of Do the Evolution". The final proofs went out to Eddie and the band a few months ago. Once we receive their comments or hopefully, sign-offs, we can finally go to press. 'Finger's crossed.

I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2019
    igotid88 said:

Joe Pearson
    Hi folks, happy Sunday to you all. Here's a glimpse of the new proposed cover to our book, 'Pearl Jam: the Art of Do the Evolution". The final proofs went out to Eddie and the band a few months ago. Once we receive their comments or hopefully, sign-offs, we can finally go to press. 'Finger's crossed.

Personally I think it's  a bit cluttered with the title etc taking up so much space. Should have let the artwork be more in focus.

But now --  just release it!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

I miss igotid88
    edited September 2019
    Joe Pearson
    This is one of the four book cover concepts we submitted to the band

I miss igotid88
    edited October 2019
    I see old music videos being upgraded to hd or 4k. But I thought I saw somewhere that they said would be unable to do it with DTE? Is that correct? Would like to see an hd version
    I miss igotid88
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Art of Do the Evolution, the Chinese Democracy of books.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23

I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2020
    That review is... really lazy...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

I miss igotid88
    http://amzn.to/2mGsxy1

Editorial Reviews
    Review
    "Enjoy this book. It’s filled with so many wonderful examples of how dozens of creative people come together to put together what would soon become a Grammy-nominated video." --Todd McFarlane, from the Foreword
    I miss igotid88
    Joe Pearson Admin · 11 mins A number of you have reached out to me to ask about the possibility of my personally signing/drawing for them in the upcoming book. I'm up for it, but to be realistic, with the Trump Virus raging and growing daily, I'm not going to get anywhere near a post office until there's a vaccine. But I am in talks with IDW about a couple of special editions of the book that we can offer on order direct from them. One would have the Do the Evolution film strip bookmarks and one could have both the bookmarks and a signed/drawn autograph by me. I could sign/draw on a hundred or so of these limited editions and IDW can make them available by direct order. If this is appealing to you let me know and I'll broach it ASAP with the publisher.
    I miss igotid88
    edited August 2020

Joe Pearson
    Another update from my conversation today with the book's publisher, IDW. The book is at the printers and I'll get my first set of them by the end of the month! The book's initial print run will be 3,500 copies. And all is a go for the October release.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Okay, here's the current and final word on the state of "special edition" Art of DTE books. IDW is under new management and they don't have it on their "radar" now to do special editions. But I'm free to personally offer them, so I will. I can order copies direct from them and assemble the special edition copies. 
    What I will need from anyone interested is what version you want, your full mailing address and then a Paypal payment in October when the books are in my hand at my studio and I can prep and ship them. I will confirm that date on this site in in a personal e-mail.
    So you can reach out directly to me at my animation studio e-dress and give me your orders now or before Oct. 1, so I'll know how many books to order and how to prep them. 
    epochinkanimation@gmail.com
    If you don't get a confirmation from be about your order info within a few days, let me know here on this site.  
    The book retails from IDW for $40 plus shipping and handling.  Here's the breakdown of what I can offer for the books and for what price. 

SPECIAL EDITON 1
    A signed copy of the book                           
     $50 plus $10 shipping/handling

SPECIAL EDITON 2
    The book and a cell bookmark made from the original filmstrip,                          $55 plus $10 shipping

SPECIAL EDITION 3
    The book and a sketch by me
    $55 plus $10 shipping

SPECIAL EDITON 4
    A signed copy of the book , bookmark                          
     $60 plus $10 shipping/handling

SPECIAL EDITON 5
    A signed copy of the book and sketch                           
     $60 plus $10 shipping/handling

SPECIAL EDITON 6
    A signed copy of the book, bookmark, sketch
    $70  plus $10 shipping/handling

I was planning a book tour with signings, galley shows with signing, but unfortunately that's all on longterm hold while all live under The Plague so this is the best I can currently offer.

I miss igotid88
  • I have a strip from the movie Se7en somewhere in an envelope. They are not all that exciting. 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I pre-ordered this from Amazon in July as a gift for someone. If I had known special editions would be offered I might not have gone with Amazon.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • I pre-ordered this from Amazon in July as a gift for someone. If I had known special editions would be offered I might not have gone with Amazon.
    So cancel the pre-order?
    Hi folks. Here's an update on the Special Editions of the book that I'll be offering. I'm touched and a bit overwhelmed by the response from the Group on this. Thanks you all! 
    I am offering these editions as a thank you for all the wonderful support from this Group and elsewhere for this book. It's my first published book, so you can imagine how exciting it is for me to finally see this actually getting out there this Fall. And it's been a terrific experience getting introduced to the Pearl Jam community and you all. And the art and story of making the video is so unique and compelling, I felt that it deserved a wider audience.
    But at this point, I'm going have to initially limit the Special Edition to the first 100 inquirers/purchasers.  As some of you know, my primary occupation is in the animation field as a writer, producer, director, artist so the book is a sideline for me. And  I'm also in the middle of production on different animation properties and in heavy development of a large slate to pitch this Fall. So, I have to put a 100 book limit on the Special Edition offers for the time being.
    Finally, I may or may not be able to offer the book to buyers outside of the U.S. due to issues around the global pandemic. Going into a post office and waiting in line and filling out custom forms and having the packages weighed in for the cost of shipping to each individual country is simply a risk that I can't take for myself or my family at this time. I am looking into alternatives to going that route and will let you know if I can work something out. 
    Thanks again everyone for all of your love, support and PATIENCE.

T
    I miss igotid88

I miss igotid88
    edited September 2020
    The book has been printed and is at the distributor's warehouse, but apparently not yet at the publisher's (IDW) offices in San Diego so I have actually gotten my hands on the printed copy  yet. Hopefully in a few days or next week.
    Joe Pearson
    I miss igotid88