Oasis

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Ten years ago today the band split up in france.

One of the reasons I hope they don't reunite is that I wouldn't get these hilarious interviews anymore.

• rummy said:
    Ten years ago today the band split up in france.

One of the reasons I hope they don't reunite is that I wouldn't get these hilarious interviews anymore.

Haha. True. But I believe Liam trashed Noel a lot on twitter and vice versa  in interviews during the 08/09 tour.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rummy said:

DIG OUT YOUR SOUL (2008). Oasis could have ended with a far worse album. This has some really great and fun songs. Too bad we will never see another one. 
    1. Shock of the Lightning (5 stars) .... The lyrics may be a bit hokey (hey, it's Oasis) but I adore this song ... their best since the 1990s, for sure.
    2. Bag It Up (4.5 stars) ... not a single? never played live? WTF?????
    3. The Turning (4 stars)
    4. Falling Down (3.5 stars)
    5. Waiting for the Rapture (3 stars)
    6. To Be Where There's Life (3 stars)
    7. I'm Outta Time (3 stars)
    8. Get Off Your High Horse Lady (2 stars)
    9. Ain't Got Nothing (2 stars)
    10. Soldier On (2 stars)
    11. The Nature of Reality (1.5 stars)

Crap...we're done! :-(
    Would have loved to have gotten one more albums. All albums were good. No real stinkers. You could feel the Highflying-birds / Beady Eye chasm on the last album though.

But the stuff on Noels first solo album meant for Oasis are all very very good,.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    his first solo album is great. 

Broken Arrow is a stone cold classic. Most classic Oasis song he's recorded since.

rummy said:

DIG OUT YOUR SOUL (2008). Oasis could have ended with a far worse album. This has some really great and fun songs. Too bad we will never see another one. 
    1. Shock of the Lightning (5 stars) .... The lyrics may be a bit hokey (hey, it's Oasis) but I adore this song ... their best since the 1990s, for sure.
    2. Bag It Up (4.5 stars) ... not a single? never played live? WTF?????
    3. The Turning (4 stars)
    4. Falling Down (3.5 stars)
    5. Waiting for the Rapture (3 stars)
    6. To Be Where There's Life (3 stars)
    7. I'm Outta Time (3 stars)
    8. Get Off Your High Horse Lady (2 stars)
    9. Ain't Got Nothing (2 stars)
    10. Soldier On (2 stars)
    11. The Nature of Reality (1.5 stars)

Crap...we're done! :-(
    Would have loved to have gotten one more albums. All albums were good. No real stinkers. You could feel the Highflying-birds / Beady Eye chasm on the last album though.

But the stuff on Noels first solo album meant for Oasis are all very very good,.
    I really like Noel first two HFBs albums. The first one had a bunch of Oasis-like hooks that hold up very well against the Oasis ones where he performed lead vocals while Chasing Yesterday had many great tunes that took the "experimental" essence to an appropriate level. Most of his stuff since isn't near as good (although I did like a few tunes).

Never got into much of Beady Eye (although The Roller was catchy) but did like a lot of the songs in his first solo album. Haven't paid much attention to his latest work.
  • Say what you want - but the grungey backing vocals here are quite fun and gives a new spin to the sonf

https://youtu.be/7anHOgfkVKc

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Top 5 Songs:
    1. Live Forever
    2. Slide Away
    3. Some Might Say
    4. Morning Glory
    5. Don't Look Back In Anger

Top 5 Albums:
    1. Definitely Maybe
    2. (What's The Story) Morning Glory
    3*. Be Here Now
    4. Don't Believe The Truth
    5. Standing On The Shoulder of Giants

*If I could count compilations albums, The Masterplan would fit in here.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    My Top 5

1. Slide Away
    2. Acquiesce
    3. The Masterplan
    4. Live Forever
    5. Wonderwall
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited September 2019
    Cool pro-shot show from 2005. Fun setlist. Cool hearing "deep cuts" like Love like a Bomb, Meaning of Soul and Mucky Fingers live

https://youtu.be/UfF5ecbLA78
  • Maybe its the four beers talking but these quotes come off as very honest:

"I get asked all the time when Oasis is coming back. It's not looking good right now. I'm starting to think Noel doesn't really like me. I always thought he was joking when he messed with me, but that he actually loved me. But I get the feeling that it's true he doesn't like me. It's a pity. I love him. We're brothers. I have another brother and he isn't on speaking terms with him, either. Noel is in his own world right now. I don't know what's going on with that cunt [cabrón]. He isn't happy doing cosmic pop. He isn't happy being the leader. He isn't happy having all the money. He isn't happy with his beautiful girlfriend. He isn't happy with his 80 million pounds. He isn't happy with anything. What the fuck is it that makes him happy? He's going to end up playing in pubs because Oasis fans will get fed up with him."

He gets so angry [speaking about the break up] that you want to calm him down. "Yes, I get angry just thinking about it. It was a fucking lie that we were the biggest band in the world. We weren't the biggest band in Spain. Muse is selling out fucking stadiums in Spain and selling out fucking stadiums in LA. We were only big in England. We played arenas in America, not stadiums. Coldplay is bigger. Muse too. We weren't Depeche Mode, we had a lot of work to do. Yes, I'm very angry, but I'm trying to get over it.
  • I’m not gonna feel bad for Liam
  • I’m not gonna feel bad for Liam
    Just feel a tad.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited September 2019
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Maybe its the four beers talking but these quotes come off as very honest:

"I get asked all the time when Oasis is coming back. It's not looking good right now. I'm starting to think Noel doesn't really like me. I always thought he was joking when he messed with me, but that he actually loved me. But I get the feeling that it's true he doesn't like me. It's a pity. I love him. We're brothers. I have another brother and he isn't on speaking terms with him, either. Noel is in his own world right now. I don't know what's going on with that cunt [cabrón]. He isn't happy doing cosmic pop. He isn't happy being the leader. He isn't happy having all the money. He isn't happy with his beautiful girlfriend. He isn't happy with his 80 million pounds. He isn't happy with anything. What the fuck is it that makes him happy? He's going to end up playing in pubs because Oasis fans will get fed up with him."

He gets so angry [speaking about the break up] that you want to calm him down. "Yes, I get angry just thinking about it. It was a fucking lie that we were the biggest band in the world. We weren't the biggest band in Spain. Muse is selling out fucking stadiums in Spain and selling out fucking stadiums in LA. We were only big in England. We played arenas in America, not stadiums. Coldplay is bigger. Muse too. We weren't Depeche Mode, we had a lot of work to do. Yes, I'm very angry, but I'm trying to get over it.
    I gather they are both cabróns.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I understand Zak Starkey was the Oasis drummer for a time. Can I ask what years. I’ve seen him with The Who and loved his drumming with them.
    DJ253147 said:
    I understand Zak Starkey was the Oasis drummer for a time. Can I ask what years. I’ve seen him with The Who and loved his drumming with them.
    I think is was 2005...maybe 2008/9, too?
    Lemme verify...
    edited September 2019
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    1. Talk Tonight
    2. Live Forever
    everything after that changes 100x a year

love what ive heard of Liam’s new album.  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I was always Team Noel because he's a brilliant songwriter, but this electro-psychadelic shit sucks. Liam's first album is great and I can't wait for the second one in a few weeks. Hope he tours the US cuz we get him in theaters here while he plays stadiums in the UK. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • The "Listen up" podcast on Spotify about the first album is very nice.

https://open.spotify.com/show/1kaIAeuyiCP4wdQA6Ie4T7
    The "Listen up" podcast on Spotify about the first album is very nice.

https://open.spotify.com/show/1kaIAeuyiCP4wdQA6Ie4T7
    I'll definitely give this one a listen (love podcasts about my favourite bands).
    Hows the Supersonic movie
  • very good. But it sucks that it only covers up to Knebworth. 

very good. But it sucks that it only covers up to Knebworth. 

Thanks dude.  Yeah thats weird.  I guess they wouldnt agree to cover the ending and after
  • very good. But it sucks that it only covers up to Knebworth. 

Thanks dude.  Yeah thats weird.  I guess they wouldnt agree to cover the ending and after
    The idea was to cover it from the genesis to them being the biggest thing ever. 

Don't see it as "weird"
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I was left wanting more. 
    They skipped a whole lot of later stuff in PJ20 so I guess Supersonic isn't much different.