2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Demi....any chance for TX shows or should I start saving my money for airfare?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited August 2019
    Just when I was gonna push off the forums for a few weeks and dimitri has to stir the pot... not that I’m complaining because I want in on multiple shows next year.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    Co-headline with Neil Young and Crazy Horse sure would be fun.
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    A Harlem Shake?
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    This is a rumor I made up in my head so proceed with caution. It was announced yesterday that Eddie Murphy will host SNL on December 21st but no musical act has been announced. Would seem if a band releases an album around Xmas a SNL appearance would be a good opportunity to promote the new music. 
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    This is a rumor I made up in my head so proceed with caution. It was announced yesterday that Eddie Murphy will host SNL on December 21st but no musical act has been announced. Would seem if a band releases an album around Xmas a SNL appearance would be a good opportunity to promote the new music. 
    Careful, alternative nation is going to run with this
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    Anywhere in Ohio would be great for my lady and I

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    pjl44 said:
    My favorite rumor moment was when the forum was convinced the last night at the Spectrum would include every living Rock and Roll Hall of Famer jumping on stage for a song or two. The band had to jokingly address it on stage that night with something along the lines of "come on, we're not enough for you"?

What I'm trying to say is don't let your imagination wander too much. All in due time. 
    But but if Uncle Neil is playing in the same hemisphere during the same month isnt there a great chance he will join the boys for RITFW?
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Texas shows in 2020?
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    LOL 

What Is Taking So Long GIF - Community Takingsolong GIFs
  • My guess is that the next tour there will be video bootlegs to purchase - that’s why we need to save money, that’s why we won’t be able to resist not listening, that’s why visas will be optional, and, I guess they will blow our minds...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    My kingdom for a webcast option. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    My guess is that the next tour there will be video bootlegs to purchase - that’s why we need to save money, that’s why we won’t be able to resist not listening, that’s why visas will be optional, and, I guess they will blow our minds...
    interesting thought.   Especially the video bootlegs.  My "guess or hope" is double album and a NA, Europe, Aussie tour that encompasses 60-75 shows.  Since we have never received a double album and 60-75 shows in one calendar year since 2006 that would blow my mind.  I know i'm setting the bar pretty high on that.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    How about Slovenia for 2020? We are here, faithful. Dreaming... 
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    no way it's a double album. I kinda hope not. pare it down to a quality 10 songs. all killer no filler. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    My guess is that the next tour there will be video bootlegs to purchase - that’s why we need to save money, that’s why we won’t be able to resist not listening, that’s why visas will be optional, and, I guess they will blow our minds...

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    no way it's a double album. I kinda hope not. pare it down to a quality 10 songs. all killer no filler. 
    I thought Dimi said no double album a couple pages ago?
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    My interpretation of "save your money" is either a big extensive tour, thus draining bank accounts for multiple dates, or football stadium shows, which usually have higher ticket prices than arenas.  Time will tell, I guess.  Just excited that two different sources confirm an album is very much in the works, even though they seem to be arguing over minor details, of whether the album is done or only almost done!
    DEGBTI said:
    I know, but people are still running with it. 

save your money might be smaller venues with higher prices? fan club only shows? who knows, maybe it's a freaking world tour. like, an actually WORLD tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• What would be the point of releasing a double album in 2019 when no one buys albums?

Reznor won't even release albums and chooses EPs for some streaming-advantage reason.

Wouldn't say no to one ofc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    DEGBTI said:
    I know, but people are still running with it. 

save your money might be smaller venues with higher prices? fan club only shows? who knows, maybe it's a freaking world tour. like, an actually WORLD tour. 
    WORLD tour would be my guess too.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    I can't remember the name of it but perhaps we will have access to live concerts as if you're in the audience.  Saw it on the news. Looks pretty cool and we would definitely need cash if we could watch every concert live from home
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I can't remember the name of it but perhaps we will have access to live concerts as if you're in the audience.  Saw it on the news. Looks pretty cool and we would definitely need cash if we could watch every concert live from home
    I probably wouldn't need a sharpie and a wait in line if I were able to watch it from home. The lines to piss would be significantly shorter and I wouldn't have to wander too far for better tasting food.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited August 2019
    I wonder if the band would change their live show (setlists, length, how they conduct themselves on stage, banter, etc) if they knew they were creating a professionally or semi professionally filmed show for posterity.

Thoughts?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    i don't think the band will do video boots. not of every show anyway. i'm sure dimi was talking about loads of dates when he mentioned save your money. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    This is a TOUR rumor thread, not a MERCH rumor thread.  I doubt the tease has anything to do with bootlegs or streaming.  It probably has to do with, you know, tour dates.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I wouldn't read too much into "save your money"  With the amount of people who travel to see multiple shows, I would think it's just a tour. Maybe on a larger scale then previous ones.  
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    DEGBTI said:
    nope..i didnt say anything about that...ofcourse there is an answer to that question..
    best band of all times!!!!save money!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    CopperTom said:
    This is a TOUR rumor thread, not a MERCH rumor thread.  I doubt the tease has anything to do with bootlegs or streaming.  It probably has to do with, you know, tour dates.
    Sorry, not Stones but my fault!