Options

There's always the opportunity to do another MTV Unplugged...

2»

Comments

• Options
    rummy said:
    Oasis knebworth was the greatest concert ever. 
    Definitely a good (great) one but too many songs ruined by the inclusion of a harmonica.
    That's what she said...

.... about Footsteps on Lost Dogs

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I find it hard to believe that Kiss was not involved in the best concert ever. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I find it hard to believe that Kiss was not involved in the best concert ever. 
    You're talking about the Tiger Stadium show in -96?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    With the band doing one after just one album released, and with how  a m a z i n g  Benaroya Hall was you think there is a chance of them doing another one? It's not the "it thing" like it was in the 90s, but it is still a thing.

Liam Gallagher just did one ahead of his album release:

Heard he wasn't feeling well, so Noel subbed in for him.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,546
    Is Liam Gallagher still a thing???
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 924
    1994 to 1996 oasis were incredable.  Liam was a great frontman.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    If you wanna be the coolest kid at school by playing ignorant, than read the first post in this thread and you get an answer to that. No one will tell your classmates that you know about what Liam Gallagher is doing in 2019.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Still a big Noel fan.   Havent kept up with Liam’s output.   Lost track
  • Options
    Still a big Noel fan.   Havent kept up with Liam’s output.   Lost track
    Noels first two solo albums are supergreat. And his third is great.

Liam being in the hands of his record label and outside songwriters make his stuff a little less interesting to me. But there were some good songs on his solo debut (Wall of Glass, Bold etc). 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    eboweddie said:
    champagne supernova is a top five song for me.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited August 2019
    I hate to point out the obvious but this can also be said about Pearl Jam. 
    Always funny to me when a fan of a 90s band hates on another 90s band. 
    Post edited by Mikemzl91 on
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited August 2019
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Big, big Oasis fan here (and like a good chunk of the solo stuff, too). I guess the argument against LG's popularity is that he wouldn't be able to sell out a night at, for example, MSG, while Pearl Jam quickly sells out two nights - and could likely sell out two more!
    With this said, both brothers are still HUGE in Britain and I would love to see both of them (preferably together) across the pond one day.

Edit: I just realize the "questioning" post was from someone from England!
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    eboweddie said:
    champagne supernova is a top five song for me.  
    It's a class, indeed! ...as are DLBIA, Live Forever, Slide Away, Supersonic, Morning Glory, Some Might Say, Cigarettes and Alcohol...I like (and miss) Oasis.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I think it would be fantastic if they (Pearl Jam) did another Unplugged concert (doesn't have to be "MTV") to coincide with the new album.
    (It's coming...no proof...good vibes, however). 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Talk Tonight.    Very underrated Oasis tune
  • Options
    Talk Tonight.    Very underrated Oasis tune
    Underrated: Where did it all go wrong?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I really dig LG's solo stuff. 

Pearl Jam will PROBABLY never do another full acoustic gig. as much as I'd love it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Saw them in Stockholm about 3 days before. Played the exact same set, but only to a smaller crowd. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Some of the b sides they had. Listen up is some tune. Rockin chair. Angel child. Masterplan.  Round our way.  Acquiesce 

• Options
    mrk2 said:
    Saw them in Stockholm about 3 days before. Played the exact same set, but only to a smaller crowd. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
    I didn't even catch them in Gothenburg in 2009. IM AN IDIOT.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I saw Oasis in 1995 and man did they kick ass live.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

• Options
    From 3.30 on

• Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    rummy said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Big, big Oasis fan here (and like a good chunk of the solo stuff, too). I guess the argument against LG's popularity is that he wouldn't be able to sell out a night at, for example, MSG, while Pearl Jam quickly sells out two nights - and could likely sell out two more!
    With this said, both brothers are still HUGE in Britain and I would love to see both of them (preferably together) across the pond one day.

Edit: I just realize the "questioning" post was from someone from England!
    That's a fair point, I wasnt looking at the comment in that way.
    But Oasis would definitely sell out the garden at least 1 night. I'd be all over that! WILL IT EVER HAPPEN?!!! 

Tame Impala MSG GA Thursday!!!! Ready to rock!!!