The trial in Sweden of Trumps new token black friend ASAP Rocky

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    I’m not sure why:

1) you are surprised that the US is concerned about the treatment of its citizens abroad
    2) you think #1 is a bad thing
    Well to play devil's advocate, if a Swedish rapper (if such a thing exists) was accused of an offense here in America, and the Swedish leader (president? prime minister? whatever they've got) called Trump and told him that the detainee should be put up in a hotel, I don't think Trump would be very welcoming of that. 
    But I would fully expect they make the call.
    Yeah I guess that's true. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    I’m not sure why:

1) you are surprised that the US is concerned about the treatment of its citizens abroad
    Are the two guys in italy going to be asked to stay in a hotel by the US Embassy? Is it normal procedure?
    Surely even the Swedes know the difference between a fight and murder? 
    So, you are saying it is normal for the US to ask for people who has been in "a fight" and standing trial in other democratic countries to stay in a hotel?
    Please point me to other instances of this.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Criminalcourt columnist FREDRIK SJÖSHULT:

When it was Mayer's turn to talk about the evening before the district court, he described the situation as "scary." That is why Mayers wants to be released with reference to emergency protection.

But it is doubtful if that is enough. Regardless of what the plaintiff had for the purpose of following Mayers from Max, the course of events on Apelbergsgatan a block away is what the prosecution is about:

• Was it really necessary to keep hitting, kicking and stomping on the victim after being thrown to the ground? Was it "justified" by the three defendants? Or was it an assault at a stage of the event where emergency protection can no longer be claimed?

• Is it really possible to claim emergency protection if you have a large adult bodyguard with you? During the interview, Mayers himself explained that the bodyguard's mission was to "protect him at all costs".

• Can several men who are significantly larger than the plaintiff really claim emergency protection? It was a three to one situation (bodyguard excluded).

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I’m not sure why:

Are the two guys in italy going to be asked to stay in a hotel by the US Embassy? Is it normal procedure?
    So, you are saying it is normal for the US to ask for people who has been in "a fight" and standing trial in other democratic countries to stay in a hotel?
    I’ll have to look for another case where someone accused of a fight sat in jail for 3 weeks waiting to find out if he will sit in jail longer to face trial. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited August 2019
    I’m not sure why:

I’ll have to look for another case where someone accused of a fight sat in jail for 3 weeks waiting to find out if he will sit in jail longer to face trial. 
    Just look at people in your own jails then?

And I wouldn't try to disparage the Swedish Justice System coming from the US. Haha!!

Three (3) courts came to the conclusion there were probable grounds (highest level) of him being guilty of what he was accused of and therefore should not be let out due to flight risk.

Stop trying to get a hit in on another - actually lawful - country when you are yourself drowning in shit.
    I’m not sure why:

And I wouldn't try to disparage the Swedish Justice System coming from the US. Haha!!

Three (3) courts came to the conclusion there were probable grounds (highest level) of him being guilty of what he was accused of and therefore should not be let out due to flight risk.

Stop trying to get a hit in on another - actually lawful - country when you are yourself drowning in shit.
    Only time I'm drowning in shit is when I come here.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I’m not sure why:

Only time I'm drowning in shit is when I come here.
    It reminds me of when we were young. Looking back at all the things we've done. You gotta keep on, keepin' on
    edited August 2019
    ASAP Rocky's lawyer Slobodan Jovicic proposes community service as a penalty.

- I can imagine doing something like that on the weekends, ASAP Rocky replied.

The prosecutor is proposing  six months in prison for ASAP Rocky.

(Six months - the time spent in Häkte that is (like 4 weeks))

From Aftonbladet:
    The prosecutor pointed to five recent court cases, which he believes can be compared to the case in question, and which resulted in six to eight months in prison.

Therefore, in the case at hand, he felt that the sentence value was six months imprisonment. But he also admitted that there may have been a provocation in the picture and that it should be mitigating in the sentencing, even though it was not about emergency protection.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Token???? The American liberal politicians you admire would certainly call you racist for that! 
    You are skewing and distorting now just to skew and distort. Or you do not know of the expression, and then you should do a bit of googling me thinks.
    Oh I'm not calling you racist. But Warren, Brooker, Harris, and AOC sure would....me thinks. 
    No. they would not. They would call Trump a racist for having a token black guy as a friend to come off as not racist.
    Well sure they'd call him racist for anything and everything. 
    No need to carry water for Trump and his racism.
    Hey Trump's trying to help a black man unjustly held captive in a foreign country. He's a true diplomat that sees no color. 
    “Unjustly?” By who’s laws and standards? Sorry, but the Constitution doesn’t travel across the border and apply in other countries. Team Trump Treason didn’t know who asswipe was until Kayne had Kimmie whisper in his ear and stand in very close proximity. Let the Swedish justice system run its course.

Clearly it does not. 
  • pjhawks said:
    Token???? The American liberal politicians you admire would certainly call you racist for that! 
    You are skewing and distorting now just to skew and distort. Or you do not know of the expression, and then you should do a bit of googling me thinks.
    Oh I'm not calling you racist. But Warren, Brooker, Harris, and AOC sure would....me thinks. 
    No. they would not. They would call Trump a racist for having a token black guy as a friend to come off as not racist.
    Well sure they'd call him racist for anything and everything. 
    No need to carry water for Trump and his racism.
    Hey Trump's trying to help a black man unjustly held captive in a foreign country. He's a true diplomat that sees no color. 
    “Unjustly?” By who’s laws and standards? Sorry, but the Constitution doesn’t travel across the border and apply in other countries. Team Trump Treason didn’t know who asswipe was until Kayne had Kimmie whisper in his ear and stand in very close proximity. Let the Swedish justice system run its course.

Clearly it does not. 
    It actually does. It's running it's course just fine. 

You focus on the one in the US instead. I've heard it's not in tip-top condition. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    R. Kelly denied bail after pleading not guilty to sexual abuse charges
    https://trib.al/NkWouLl?fbclid=IwAR1v9si1rSfEom8PBIaOyaVNHCMOxZb7ZmJqeKTfbITy_AYtQjSTDdRF6zk

Not everyone detained in the US gets bail...maybe some of you Americans need to look at your system with an open mind.  The fact that ASAP is already on trial suggest his ordeal might be over soon...plus I find it hard to believe that he was not offered a plea deal to avoid jail...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited August 2019
    https://trib.al/NkWouLl?fbclid=IwAR1v9si1rSfEom8PBIaOyaVNHCMOxZb7ZmJqeKTfbITy_AYtQjSTDdRF6zk

Not everyone detained in the US gets bail...maybe some of you Americans need to look at your system with an open mind.  The fact that ASAP is already on trial suggest his ordeal might be over soon...plus I find it hard to believe that he was not offered a plea deal to avoid jail...
    He pleaded innocent of the charge - so an investigation (with the edited pre-trial protocol-version being 550 pages long - longer than the Mueller report) was to be held.

We don't have plea-deals/plea-bargains in Sweden though.

And yes, it's only people in here trying to find something to attack Sweden for that is going after our (and many other countries) justice system. 

Should be noted, a monetary bail system is to my knowledge not the standard in the democratic world. And looking at the US, that should not be the country to look to, for ones Justice System.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

He pleaded innocent of the charge - so an investigation (with the edited pre-trial protocol-version being 550 pages long - longer than the Mueller report) was to be held.

And yes, it's only people in here trying to find something to attack Sweden for that is going after our (and many other countries) justice system. 

Should be noted, a monetary bail system is to my knowledge not the standard in the democratic world. And looking at the US, that should not be the country to look to, for ones Justice System.
    I did not know plea deals were not part of your system.  In Canada, many people charged with minor crimes get released on their own recognizance...sometimes the courts require someone to guarantee that you will be staying with them (maybe a parent or family member).

I only know 1 person who was in our justice system and he was released on his own with a promise to appear in court.  He said from arrest at 2 AM to his release at 6 AM...the police had the wrong person and charges were dropped a month later.  The part for him that really sucked was filling out the paperwork to have his finger prints removed from the system...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • R. Kelly denied bail after pleading not guilty to sexual abuse charges

I did not know plea deals were not part of your system.  In Canada, many people charged with minor crimes get released on their own recognizance...sometimes the courts require someone to guarantee that you will be staying with them (maybe a parent or family member).

I only know 1 person who was in our justice system and he was released on his own with a promise to appear in court.  He said from arrest at 2 AM to his release at 6 AM...the police had the wrong person and charges were dropped a month later.  The part for him that really sucked was filling out the paperwork to have his finger prints removed from the system...
    Every case doesn't go to trial (misdemeanor charges that isn't fought etc)... but that isn't the same as a plea-deal. Or am I perceiving the term "plea-deal" wrong maybe...

The only person I know of that has been part of justice system is me, but on the victim side.

And I went to one trial this spring just out of curiosity on how it all works. A junkie who had stolen a baby-stroller (to sell) without realising there was a baby in the stroller. The story was covered a lot in the news, because the stroller was gone for a few hours before it was found and the police went out in full force because of it involving a baby/child. So I went to that... it wasn't as exciting as A Few Good Men had fooled me into believing. Felt a bit sorry for the junkie also, because she obviously did not know there was a baby in the stroller (Which she ofc shouldn't have touched to begin with) and "kidnapping" is a serious crime.
    Rocky is Free at Last, Free at last! ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited August 2019
    Haha!

Will have to read up on this.

EDIT: Not free of the charges. Released by the court waiting for the sentence.
    Haha!

Yes I know.  Seems someone changed their story about seeing Rocky with the bottle....hmmmm.....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • None of the defendants should be detained any longer and the defendants cheer loudly when the message arrives. Several on the audience bench cry.

The judgment will be announced on August 14.

- That they are released from the detention means that the district court has considered that there are no longer grounds for detention. I do not want to speculate on whether they will be sentenced or acquitted, but we will await the district court's judgment on August 14, says prosecutor Daniel Suneson.

ASAP Rocky does not claim compensation.

There was an emotional mood in the courtroom after the message: ASAP Rocky hugs her co-defendants and his mother crying tears of joy. The famous rapper turns to the chairman of the court and raises his hands to him with gratitude.
  • Rocky is Free at Last, Free at last! ;)
    Haha!

Yes I know.  Seems someone changed their story about seeing Rocky with the bottle....hmmmm.....
    Yes. One of the witnesses - said one thing to the police and a different thing at the trial. The prosecutor wanted the court to focus on what was said in the police interrogation. But I think the rule in Swedish trials is to focus on what is being said at the trial.
    Well I went on YouTube and checked out one of ASAP Rocky's songs because I had never heard of him until this thread was posted. And after listening to it, you guys can keep him. One less awful rapper. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Well I went on YouTube and checked out one of ASAP Rocky's songs because I had never heard of him until this thread was posted. And after listening to it, you guys can keep him. One less awful rapper. 
    Worse than swedish hiphop?
  • Will be interesting to see what ASAP Rocky says about Trump and if Trump will say he did this.

And also, if the sentence is jail-time longer than what he, and his two buddies, have been sitting - if he is man enough to return to face swedish jail with only apples and dirty water.
    Well I went on YouTube and checked out one of ASAP Rocky's songs because I had never heard of him until this thread was posted. And after listening to it, you guys can keep him. One less awful rapper. 
    It was on-par with that Swedish hip-hop video you posted the other day. But at least your video had the redeeming quality of some live instruments in it (if I recall correctly). Rocky's stuff had no redeeming qualities. I'd rather listen to Bullwinkle rap. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Well I went on YouTube and checked out one of ASAP Rocky's songs because I had never heard of him until this thread was posted. And after listening to it, you guys can keep him. One less awful rapper. 
    It was on-par with that Swedish hip-hop video you posted the other day. But at least your video had the redeeming quality of some live instruments in it (if I recall correctly). Rocky's stuff had no redeeming qualities. I'd rather listen to Bullwinkle rap. 
    It's because it was a rework of this song "punkrocker", Teddybears STHLM did one version with Iggy Pop on vocals also:

https://youtu.be/8P09rxVaQAM
  • THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO ALL OF MY FANS, FRIENDS AND ANYONE ACROSS THE GLOBE WHO SUPPORTED ME DURING THESE LAST FEW WEEKS I CANT BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR ALL OF YOU THIS HAS BEEN A VERY DIFFICULT AND HUMBLING EXPERIENCE I WANT TO THANK THE COURT FOR ALLOWING ME BLADI AND THOTO TO RETURN TO OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF THE LOVE AND SUPPORT

(ASAP Rockys instagram)
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Instagram doesn’t allow periods to be used? One of the better run-on (all caps) sentences I’ve seen. 
  • Why didn't anyone care about Bladi and Thoto? Everyone only cared about Asap.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2019
    Why didn't anyone care about Bladi and Thoto? Everyone only cared about Asap.
    Don’t you make text messages with “ASAP” tied to them top priority?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    So he was detained while investigated for being a flight risk...but now is out and presumably return before verdict. Strange