Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions- Poster Exhibit

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    demetrios said:
    Sign up for their newsletter over @ https://haightstreetart.org/collections if any prints goes up for sale. 
    Those eight, 60-day timed/open metal editions look nice. Ain't gonna be cheap though. Hope they go up soon. 
    I don't see those
    https://tinyurl.com/yxkzv677
    Whoa!!

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yeah I never knew those existed. Says 2019 too, when we’re they sold and how did we all miss them? How big were the editions, like 1 of each?!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited July 2019
    They're "on demand" editions, meaning you can order them at the exhibit during the run of the show. They're $1000 each.
    They're "on demand" editions, meaning you can order them at the exhibit during the run of the show. They're $1000 each.
    Wowza.  Wonder if they’ll sell them online.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    One of those 8 should have been Emek Santa Barbara 2006 since it was basically never available. Back then there weren’t multiple posters each show.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    edited July 2019
    One of those eight should have been an Ames East Troy/Chicago 1998 because I'd rather pay $1000 to the artist for a new metal one than $3000 to whoever for an old paper one.
    Post edited by philobeddoe on
    One of those 8 should have been Emek Santa Barbara 2006 since it was basically never available. Back then there weren’t multiple posters each show.
    It wasn’t commissioned by the band, only the sponsor of the show.  I think Ames did the band commissioned print.  I was surprised to see pics of the emek SB from this exhibit because of that.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    One of those eight should have been an Ames East Troy/Chicago 1998 because I'd rather pay $1000 to the artist for a new metal one than $3000 to whoever for an old paper one.
    I’d be down for that. And to be honest, the Emek Seattle in metal seems like it could really look nice in person, but not at $1000.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    shecky said:
    Alright, here's my quickie frame job of Emek's latest masterpiece. I used a cream-colored mat to simulate sand or maybe a walkway around a swimming pool. Eventually I'll change the glass to anti-glare UV plexiglass but I wanted to see this baby in a frame today.
    Nicely done, looks great. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Better picture of the B.Klausen gold variant handbill. 

Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Better picture of the B.Klausen gold variant handbill. 

Very nice!
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    That gold Klausen IS a beaut! Was this one of the freebies they handed us as we entered the door? I got the red version which is really nice but didn't see the gold version. 
    edited August 2019
    Some of the variant handbills were for sale, but they sold quick. I don't know which ones and don't know how much they went for. I do know that some of the black foil variants were mixed in with the 100 free handbills.
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Sign up for their newsletter over @ https://haightstreetart.org/collections if any prints goes up for sale. 
    Those eight, 60-day timed/open metal editions look nice. Ain't gonna be cheap though. Hope they go up soon. 
    I don't see those
    Whoa!!

Stupid question, but these are really printed on some sort of sheet metal, not just a foil?
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    KS80184 said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    I don't see those
    Whoa!!

Stupid question, but these are really printed on some sort of sheet metal, not just a foil?
    Yes, they are actually printed on a piece of sheet metal. 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    Are there physical versions at the exhibit or just photos? Do you happen to know the dimensions?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Pitt 13 on metal would’ve been appropriate.  Munk did not partake tho
    SHZA said:
    Are there physical versions at the exhibit or just photos? Do you happen to know the dimensions?
    I remember seeing both Klausens and the San Diego Ames on the wall. I don't know the dimensions, but they are large (maybe 4' by 2' ?).
  • shecky said:
    That gold Klausen IS a beaut! Was this one of the freebies they handed us as we entered the door? I got the red version which is really nice but didn't see the gold version. 
    Yes it was, I couldn’t believe it when I opened up that red folder and saw the gold shining back at me. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • SHZA said:
    I remember seeing both Klausens and the San Diego Ames on the wall. I don't know the dimensions, but they are large (maybe 4' by 2' ?).
    They are a lot bigger than the original. Here’s a picture of the Edmonton Emek I took. 

Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    SHZA said:
    They are a lot bigger than the original. Here’s a picture of the Edmonton Emek I took. 

Impressive. Nice that they can be put on the wall with no frame. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Of course, I had to leave town that weekend and missed the opening. Oh well, I'll wander over there sometime.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    SHZA said:

And more square than my estimate.

Eternal Embrace Blanket - Signed/Numbered Edition of 200 https://emekmerch.com/collections/featured/products/eternal-embrace-blanket-signed-numbered-edition-of-200

Bundle up with this Eternal Embrace Throw Blanket. Each blanket has been signed and numbered by Emek. This is a limited edition of 200. If you purchase the Eternal Embrace enamel pin too, I will give you matching numbers of the blanket and pin.

• Made in the USA
    • 68" x 52"

The first 100 blankets have been manufactured and will ship immediately. The next 100 blankets are being manufactured and will be available in 4-6 weeks.

These are so beautiful!  =)

EMEK Pearl Jam Haight Street FOIL Poster 3/25
    auction.sixtiesposters.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=5499154

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Colors on the emek foil are awesome

edited August 2019
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Sweet, thanks for sharing.