Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions- Poster Exhibit

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    How's the lineup? :p 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    A day late!  I was just in the city yesterday and on Haight Street for a while.  :anguished:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    For any fellow forum member who is going to the opening of the exhibit: I would appreciate if you could kindly buy the prints on sale and I would reward your help
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    I'm in Oakland connecting to another flight right now. Tempted to jump off and take a different flight tomorrow. So close. If anyone picks up an Emek I would do a trade or buy. 

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    edited July 2019
    The beautiful Emek posters were signed, doodled and numbered out of 115. Assuming that Emek skimmed at least 15 off the top, maybe 100 were available to today's attendees? And strictly limited to one per person, too. I think anyone who got there by 4:30 p.m. probably scored one. That is, if they didn't get lost in the labyrinth while trying to find the shop. There were no posted directions - one really had to use their noodle...
    Post edited by shecky on
  • AutoproxyAutoproxy Posts: 24
    Will go back another time to see the full poster show as intended. Opening event was basically (by my own choice) a wait in line for the doors, then a wait in line to buy a limited event poster if you wanted. Great set up of the exhibit though...passed through after, but will go back to treat the works of art as they deserve. (Grabbed an Emek...love that blue.)

One interesting note - had a baseball stadium poster section (covering all Wrigley and Fenway shows, and both Safecos) and it didn't have the Paul Jackson '18 Wrigley, which is my personal fave. But as with the rest of the show, can't have them all!
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Here is some pictures I took at the opening. Enjoy

Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Check out all these doodles. 

Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'

gigartsfHad a cool night last night at the @haightstreetart for a Private Preview of the @pearljam Live in Two Dimensions #Poster Show that opens tonight. Was fun to hang with the @amesbros, @emek_studios , @yosquirt, #ChrisShaw, @bradklausen , @frankkozik , my friends, and more...The show is pretty amazing. Definitely worth checking out!

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    The Christchurch is such an underrated poster.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Inspiration to air out some of my stored posters. Awesome stuff.
    edited July 2019
    Is that be a variant EMEK Pearl Jam poster up on the wall?

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Very cool....wish I could see that in person!!
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Yep, the foil variant was $250. Regular edition $100.
    Such a cool exhibit, I recommend checking it out if you get a chance. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    demetrios said:

Ha!  I know a few of those crazies up front!
    Was there a variant copy for sale / on display from Ames Bros? 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Drool worthy
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    demetrios said:
    I didn't see an Ames variant and I passed on their show poster - didn't appeal to me at all.
    But, that blue Emek poster is something to behold! I just got back from buying a sheet of creme colored mat board from Michael's (as close to a "sand" color as I could get). Going to frame this baby up right now!
    edited July 2019
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:
    I didn't see an Ames variant and I passed on their show poster - didn't appeal to me at all.
    But, that blue Emek poster is something to behold! I just got back from buying a sheet of creme colored mat board from Michael's (as close to a "sand" color as I could get). Going to frame this baby up right now!

Sweet! A friend of mine picked me up a copy. Can't wait to see it up close. :) 

I also like the Ames Bros one. Especially the ending sequence. lol

Post edited by demetrios on
    Alright, here's my quickie frame job of Emek's latest masterpiece. I used a cream-colored mat to simulate sand or maybe a walkway around a swimming pool. Eventually I'll change the glass to anti-glare UV plexiglass but I wanted to see this baby in a frame today.
    A couple of close-ups? Alright...
    shecky said:
    Alright, here's my quickie frame job of Emek's latest masterpiece. I used a cream-colored mat to simulate sand or maybe a walkway around a swimming pool. Eventually I'll change the glass to anti-glare UV plexiglass but I wanted to see this baby in a frame today.

Beautiful! :)
    Sign up for their newsletter over @ https://haightstreetart.org/collections if any prints goes up for sale. 
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    demetrios said:
    Sign up for their newsletter over @ https://haightstreetart.org/collections if any prints goes up for sale. 
    Those eight, 60-day timed/open metal editions look nice. Ain't gonna be cheap though. Hope they go up soon. 
  • demetrios said:
    Those eight, 60-day timed/open metal editions look nice. Ain't gonna be cheap though. Hope they go up soon. 
    I don't see those
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    demetrios said:
    I don't see those
    https://tinyurl.com/yxkzv677