The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Harris/Warren 2020
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Is that an election campaign or you predicting they both die that year?  Both are equally possible.
    Lol, just how I’m feeling right now. I could change my mind in the next 30 secs. I do feel this would give the Dem ticket some much needed enthusiasm. Pence and Trump ain’t no spring chickens. 
    Biden could never select Bernie.  He's too much of a wild card and not a team player.  He would be rogue in the admin, I think.  Warren would be a better VP, I think.  
    Hmmm, I just think the Pocahontas thing is going to turn a lot of uneducated/blue collar voters off. I’m probably wrong and I hate to keep harping on that, but I just don’t see it working. Biden/Harris seems more plausible.
    Harris campaign is still going after Biden, and it seems more unfair every day, considering Harris's position on busing is exactly the same as Biden's.  I mean exactly.  I knew that would happen over the course of weeks, and she seeks to gently walk back policy, since mandatory busing is a non-starter. 
    Gabbard is a great call.  That's possible.  I'm not sure how 'progressive' she is, but she's a veteran, a woman and smart, so she checks some boxes.  That's a good one for sure.  
    She has also defended Biden from those attacks, so I'm sure that's not lost on him.  
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Harris/Warren 2020
    Hmmm, thats tough. I’d like that, but moderates, swing voters, sexists, and racists? Not sure if that would work.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Is that an election campaign or you predicting they both die that year?  Both are equally possible.
    Lol, just how I’m feeling right now. I could change my mind in the next 30 secs. I do feel this would give the Dem ticket some much needed enthusiasm. Pence and Trump ain’t no spring chickens. 
    Biden could never select Bernie.  He's too much of a wild card and not a team player.  He would be rogue in the admin, I think.  Warren would be a better VP, I think.  
    Hmmm, I just think the Pocahontas thing is going to turn a lot of uneducated/blue collar voters off. I’m probably wrong and I hate to keep harping on that, but I just don’t see it working. Biden/Harris seems more plausible.
    Harris campaign is still going after Biden, and it seems more unfair every day, considering Harris's position on busing is exactly the same as Biden's.  I mean exactly.  I knew that would happen over the course of weeks, and she seeks to gently walk back policy, since mandatory busing is a non-starter. 
    Gabbard is a great call.  That's possible.  I'm not sure how 'progressive' she is, but she's a veteran, a woman and smart, so she checks some boxes.  That's a good one for sure.  
    What do you think about Gabbard going after Harris? Something bigger behind that?
    Biden/Gabbard 2020, get Gabbard to go on Rogan a few times during campaign, could be effective.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    What do you think about Gabbard going after Harris? Something bigger behind that?
    Biden/Gabbard 2020, get Gabbard to go on Rogan a few times during campaign, could be effective.
    Yeah I'm not sure if she was protecting Biden (since I thought that was the basis of the attack) or if there is something else there.  Biden gave the keynote for Harris when she was nominated for AG of CA.  So I know the campaign was ticked that she took that shot considering he had supported her in the past.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Yeah I'm not sure if she was protecting Biden (since I thought that was the basis of the attack) or if there is something else there.  Biden gave the keynote for Harris when she was nominated for AG of CA.  So I know the campaign was ticked that she took that shot considering he had supported her in the past.  
    Wow, I didn’t know that. That’s fucking bullshit.

edited July 2019
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    What’s even more fucked up is she was winning the debate before she pulled that stunt. Unnecessary and not cool.
    Post edited by Hi! on

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    What’s even more fucked up is she was winning the debate before she pulled that stunt. Unnecessary and not cool.
    I agree.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Before the debate I was all in on Biden/ Harris.  It makes perfect sense.  Now I think the blood is bad.  We'll see what she chooses to do next week.  I don't think Biden will attack first,  but I think he's preparing in a different way, more like a general election debate when you know the misrepresentation is coming. 
    edited July 2019
    It felt too rehearsed and scripted to me. If it would have come in the heat of the moment it would have been another thing (to me). 

But the theatre of it made it feel very weasel-y. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Before the debate I was all in on Biden/ Harris.  It makes perfect sense.  Now I think the blood is bad.  We'll see what she chooses to do next week.  I don't think Biden will attack first,  but I think he's preparing in a different way, more like a general election debate when you know the misrepresentation is coming. 
    My prediction is Harris is gonna back off a bit, but Booker(sitting at what? 2%) is gonna be bringing the drama.

Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    My prediction is Harris is gonna back off a bit, but Booker(sitting at what? 2%) is gonna be bringing the drama.
    ”I live in these neighbourhoods” on endless repeat. 

Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Yes,  and Biden will hit him with Newark frisk policy.   
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Yup. Hopefully booker drops out soon. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hopefully about 14-15 drop out soon.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    The third debate will be harder to qualify for and I think only 5 are eligible right now. Once you’re off the debate stage, you’re done. Should see a few drop out then.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Right. I hope the Dems learned lessons watching the GOP in 2016. That was a giant clown car. Had there been candidate consolidation earlier, they would have nominated an actual Republican. But they and their egos hung out way too long fighting with each other, and opened the door for Drumpf.  Right now it is perhaps a little early, but about time to see a significant reduction in candidates on the Dem side. Harris (who was a favorite of mine until the first debate) has done more for Trump's 2020 chances than any Trump rally could. Way too much in-fighting and nobody thinking about the longer term ramifications. They need to at least be united in their desire to see Trump gone in 2020. Right now it doesn't seem they are. Anyone with less than 5% polling numbers need to have the mic shut off right now.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Agreed.  Halifax I like to hear your opinions, who are the top five dem candidates?  1-3 is easy but I m wondering who your 4 and 5 are. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2020-vision-trump-blasts-fox-news-over-poll-showing-him-losing-to-biden-172519443.html

A month after Joe Biden was attacked by Sen. Kamala Harris over his record on race at the first Democratic presidential debate, the former vice president appears to have steadied himself, according to new polling released this week. And one national poll, released by Fox News, appears to have gotten under President Trump’s skin.

According to CNN’s poll of polls, which averages the results of the most recent national surveys, Biden (30 percent) has opened up a wide lead over Sens. Elizabeth Warren (16 percent), Bernie Sanders (14 percent) and Harris (12 percent), who has slipped back to fourth place from second. The California senator shot up to 17 percent in the same poll immediately following the first debate, then trailing Biden by just 8 points. She now trails him by 18.

More encouraging for Team Biden is his lead in South Carolina, a state in which Harris has campaigned extensively. According to a Monmouth University survey of likely Democratic primary voters conducted earlier this week, Biden (39 percent) holds a commanding advantage over Harris (12 percent), who is followed by Sanders (10 percent) and Warren (9 percent). Notably, Biden has retained his strength among African-American voters, even over Harris, who is African-American: He leads there with 51 percent over Harris, at 12 percent

And according to a Quinnipiac University poll released this week, Biden (50 percent) is the only candidate in the Democratic field who has more support than Trump (42 percent) among voters in Ohio. Trump has a 1-point edge (46 percent to 45 percent) over Sanders and Warren in Ohio in those theoretical general election matchups, while he is tied with Harris there.

Biden also has the edge over Trump in Florida (50 percent to 41 percent), Pennsylvania (53 percent to 42 percent) and even Texas (48 percent to 44 percent), Quinnipiac found.

But the poll that caught Trump’s attention was this one.

According to a Fox News survey released Thursday, Biden leads the president by 10 points (49 percent to 39 percent) among registered voters. Sanders holds a 6-point advantage over Trump (46 percent to 40 percent), but that’s within the poll’s plus-or-minus 3-point margin of error.

Trump predictably took the results in stride, with the philosophical calm with which he treats all bad news.

".@FoxNews is at it again," Trump tweeted. "So different from what they used to be during the 2016 Primaries, & before — Proud Warriors! Now new Fox Polls, which have always been terrible to me (they had me losing BIG to Crooked Hillary), have me down to Sleepy Joe.”

“Even considering the fact that I have gone through a three year vicious Witch Hunt, perpetrated by the Lamestream Media in Collusion with Crooked and the Democrat Party, there can be NO WAY, with the greatest Economy in U.S. history, that I can be losing to the Sleepy One,” the president added. “KEEP AMERICA GREAT!"

edited July 2019
    ”The Sleepy One”

haha. Like a nickname for the bogeyman in a horror movie. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mrussel1 said:
    She has also defended Biden from those attacks, so I'm sure that's not lost on him.  
    Syria trip is a big obstacle
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You think that sticks to her?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You think that sticks to her?
    too easy to incite the rubes surrounding that trip.

heard her on rogan, given the opportunity to state her case, it was reasonable.  how many folks would give the willing ear to hear her out?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

MSNBC’s Anti-Sanders Bias Makes It Forget How to Do Math

When MSNBC legal analyst Mimi Rocah (7/21/19) said that Bernie Sanders “made [her] skin crawl,” though she “can’t even identify for you what exactly it is,” she was just expressing more overtly the anti-Sanders bias that pervades the network.

One of the examples:

https://fair.org/home/msnbcs-anti-sanders-bias-makes-it-forget-how-to-do-math/

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I see the chart lists “Hsp”. Assuming that’s Hispanic...that’s not a race. And the vast majority of Hispanics identify as white for race. Perhaps that’s the reason behind the difference?
    hippiemom = goodness
    I see the chart lists “Hsp”. Assuming that’s Hispanic...that’s not a race. And the vast majority of Hispanics identify as white for race. Perhaps that’s the reason behind the difference?
    Hmm. I don't know. In Sweden (and other parts of Europe I guess) only racists use "race" when it comes to humans. The rest of us use "ethnicity". So don't know about when to use "race".

But wouldn't it have affected all the percentages if that was the case?

Bernie Sanders full interview | Pod Save America

https://youtu.be/VKbXU_4yVE4

edited July 2019
    "Have you been to Scandinavia? So what do we have, just take a look at a country like Norway. You have a baby in Norway - what do you get? You either get 12 months paid leave at 80% of your pay or 10 months of at all of your pay. You have excellent quality and affordable child care. You have a strong and very good public public education system. Do you know how much college cost in Finland, or Denmark or Sweden? It's free. So is that really so radical?"

- Bernie "sense and decency" Sanders
    "Have you been to Scandinavia? So what do we have, just take a look at a country like Norway. You have a baby in Norway - what do you get? You either get 12 months paid leave at 80% of your pay or 10 months of at all of your pay. You have excellent quality and affordable child care. You have a strong and very good public public education system. Do you know how much college cost in Finland, or Denmark or Sweden? It's free. So is that really so radical?"

- Bernie "sense and decency" Sanders
    At the low,  low price of 60% taxes every year,  not the year you have a baby.  What a deal. 
This discussion has been closed.