guns n' roses

18910111214»

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    fanch75 wrote:
    Dizzy was definitely there. There were two guitarists, Robin Finck, and some other wack-ass cracker that I don't remember. Great lineup, though. During the instrumental, they covered Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful." No shit. They did this at several shows.

THe new shit takes the UYI stuff to the next level. You'll like it.

They have three guitarists actually... Robin Finck, Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, and Richard Fortus. I saw them in November as well. It was a pretty good show and I could tell the band was giving it their all, bit there were serious audio issues in the venue and a lot of the crowd had left beforehand (the band came on so late that people thought they weren't coming on at all). Still, very memorable.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    apparently Steven popcorn Adler has been telling certain 'sources' that he has spoken to all former parties and there is a chance of a full reunion. unlikely, but could Adler even play drums to the same level now since his stroke.............

heard the Live Era87-93 for the first time over the weekend (only found out it existed last week),,,,,,,,,,,,,,think a better live collection could have been put together, liked Crazy, hadnt heard it live---like the way they welded both the appetite & the Lies together.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    WEBN here in Cincy announced a "premiere" of the "new single from the upcoming Chinese Democracy album, ten years in the making" last night. They announced around 7:10pm taht would play it at 7:30.

It sounded great, better, fuller, & more finished than the supposed "demo" version that I have. They took calls and the general fan reaction was that it was "horrible, sucked, wtf was that, etc." The DJ said that he hated it at first listen as well, but now he loves it. My reaction was the same to the demo.

PS - I'm going to see the Ronnie James Dio-fronted "Black Sabbath" in May, touring under the name Heaven & Hell. Yeah!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Chinese Democracy? New G~n~R?

ROFLMAO!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha

you guys are crazy for anticipating this shit, axl might be the biggest dick ever. and trust me, philly will never forget how much of a piece of shit he is.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIbkX8EB-g

Sound like a demo....but pretty good
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Face it, folks. This album is never coming out.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • my guess is by august 2007...the release i mean.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    this was the most recent original thread so cannot people stick to this. all these wannabee thread starters, you know who you are-Stop It!

anyway, seems chinese democracy probably will not be released this year or ever.

EDIT:- well it seems I was mistaken. This is not the original Gn'R thread as I supposed, that was started by axl. I have looked and that one is seemingly not amog the 26 available pages of threads.
    So.......hope your all pleased.
    They keep playing "Better" on WEBN here in the nati. It's a different version than the one I managed to find, has a stronger, louder vocal and seems longer.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    fanch75 wrote:

i'll believe it when i have a copy in my hands.

i was gonna make a recommendation to you... ever heard of "and you will know us by the trail of dead"? their last album, so divided, sounds like jet crossed with oasis crossed with something grunge. good shit.
    1. I don't believe the GNR release date either. I say "byyyytch puh-leaze!" to that one.

2. Kick ass. I'll check that out. Is that really the name of the band?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    fanch75 wrote:
    1. I don't believe the GNR release date either. I say "byyyytch puh-leaze!" to that one.

2. Kick ass. I'll check that out. Is that really the name of the band?

it is. but the music stores vary on where they shelve it... some put it under T for the shorter "trail of dead." it's a weird fucking name. their earlier albums are pretty cool too, much heavier, with a lot of screaming and smashing instruments.

anyway, i hope that date is right. that would be cool. maybe before i die...
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    It's the same old story. He is not going to release this album. He is scared shitless of the very thing he obssessed over to create. Axl Rose is one fucked up human being. I hope it comes, but after I was all but convinced it was going to finally be released after those leaks last year and the tour etc.
    and here we are waiting again......Never again will I feed any rumour on this album. I'll just continue to wait untill I start seeing promotions in the actual stores, then I will surely buy it.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited July 2019
    15 CDs of unreleased stuff seems to be out there someehwere

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"