• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    ^ that pretty much sums up Congress these days 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Jason P said:
    ^ that pretty much sums up Congress these days 
    Congress is a hoax.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    So when do you guys believe we will land there again ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    I think it's a hoax. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Okay, okay I stand corrected.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    “NASA has set an ambitious 2024 goal for landing the first woman and next man on the moon...”
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Renfield said:
    “NASA has set an ambitious 2024 goal for landing the first woman and next man on the moon...”
    I’ve got 100$ and my extra ticket that says it won’t happen..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    Renfield said:
    it is supposed to serve a broader mission of  a Mars habitat situation....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Renfield said:
    Sad to say that you are correct, imo.  The orange buttmonkey could never keep things organized/focused enough to accomplish this.  Needs to spend that money on the wall and on the ovens to start burning all of the refugees.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Our oceans- that from which all life started and all life depends upon- are dying, and rather than focus of solving that issue and global warming we want to send people to the moon again, and them to Mars?  We are a very strange species, indeed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited July 2019
    NASA doesn't even have the capability to send a person into space right now.  Maybe they see this as an avenue to get some funding. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    NASA has become a joke...think about this.  The US has been relying on Russia to get you to space... fucking pathetic
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    brianlux said:
    Our oceans- that from which all life started and all life depends upon- are dying, and rather than focus of solving that issue and global warming we want to send people to the moon again, and them to Mars?  We are a very strange species, indeed.
    They are exploring space because they don’t want to clean up the damage to the earth.  Gotta find the next planet to move people to.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    They are exploring space because they don’t want to clean up the damage to the earth.  Gotta find the next planet to move people to.
    Guess what...they aren’t moving you or I to space...your tax dollars are for the elites...space exploration is a fucking joke...Brian is right...that money wasted on NASA needs to be spent here.,.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Obviously some of the dollars were well spent unless you don't want satellites for cell phones and other devices.  A lot of technology we all rely on came from NASA and the exploration process. 

I don't think we are moving off this planet any time soon or ever.  Maybe an asteroid hit is not a likely event, but I don't think it is a bad idea to figure out a way to prevent a collision. 

I think there is enough money to explore space and take care of the planet.  Our leaders and the majority of the public don't care about taking care of the planet though.  

• Options
    Those communication satellites are paid for by the companies.  Could care less about government satellites...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw in the northwest once.  Funny, but also sad:

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Those communication satellites are paid for by the companies.  Could care less about government satellites...
    It’s the original research he’s talking about. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    It’s the original research he’s talking about. 
    Right.  There a lot of direct and indirect inventions due to NASA.
  • Options

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    brianlux said:

That is not one of the inventions :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    brianlux said:

That is not one of the inventions :lol: 
    I want to land in that Sea of Tranquility

The love he receives is the love that is saved