psst...7/10/19

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Fake outrage
    No outrage, just disappointed.  
    I couldn't agree more.  But apparently I have to "get over myself".  I guess im not allowed to be disappointed.  
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    mcgruff10 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Fake outrage
    You can have mine for cost. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    100 Pacer said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Fake outrage
    You can have mine for cost. 
    Very cool of you 100 Pacer!  Good on you for helping another fan out!  :clap:
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    This thread is starting to slow down.  Let’s get it really going.

@Big Bank Hank
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Fucking stand up for something people. 

Could they make it more fair for fans? YES.

Period. Stop. No need to find excuses.
    Alright, AOC, chill out. Surprised you haven't played the race card yet. (ha ha ha)
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    tdawe said:
    .......but this was poorly done. 
    This was not poorly done!
    This was announced at 10am on the 10th of the month, everyone knows the monthly newsletter release date and time. Also it was available in the Shop for over 2 hours.

Also, random drops of limited items are key. It is incorrect to assume we would have a better chance of getting a limited item if they announced when limited items will go on sale.
    It was extremely poorly done.  Just take pre orders so everybody that wants one has an opportunity to get it.  Real simple.  
    Guaranteed this was pressed with a specific number when they put up the few copies for auction.  Really no reason to think it would be the same as a vault release.
  • rhpot1991rhpot1991 Posts: 150
    Grumble, on vacation and I miss this after watching for months.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    PJINFLA said:
    Wow this thread has turned into a real shit show.  Get over yourselves people.

A real shit show would come from what has been suggested here by some people...giving Analog members a perk after they announced there wouldn't be anything to replace the annual single.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,875
    Maybe do a lottery for limited edition items? Similar to how tickets are done. 

I like the analog idea but I also understand both sides of the argument. 

Anyways, bring on the new album too!

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    You win some, you lose some. Its sunny outside and there's a whole world out there...
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Sad when people are more outraged about a colored vinyl EP than a complete lack of interest from the band ABOUT the actual band. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Just saying, this should still have been the release:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 2019
    RP112579 said:
    Fake outrage
    I know of another guy who claimed "fake outrage". 

His dog later pissed Freddy Krueger back to life.

The pipes aren't cold Kincaid. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    nicknyr15 said:
    Sad when people are more outraged about a colored vinyl EP than a complete lack of interest from the band ABOUT the actual band. 
    Just wait for the “outrage” and “gutted” comments when people don’t score on the EV poster drops. Plenty more outrage to come...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

I dont want my vinyl looking like a Target ad.  Gotta change those labels! :lol:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

A 2LP of the whole show?  Hells yeah it should've!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,395
    nicknyr15 said:

Can't imagine being outraged about either, really.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't think anyone is really "outraged."  Just upset, disappointed, frustrated.  And it's probably not just over missing out on this particular drop, but rather a snowball of missing drop after drop after drop over the years, stuff selling out in seconds, not available to int'l, shipping too expensive, lack of clear communication, etc.  I get that.  I didn't always have the luxury of accessing this website at work so I missed out on things in the earlier days that I would've liked.  I feel pretty damn lucky now that I can just jump on here at any given time no matter where I am.
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    Always get a chuckle from the "gutted" comments.  Must be living a charmed life if missing out on merch is that traumatic.  :lol:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I don't think anyone is really "outraged."  Just upset, disappointed, frustrated.  And it's probably not just over missing out on this particular drop, but rather a snowball of missing drop after drop after drop over the years, stuff selling out in seconds, not available to int'l, shipping too expensive, lack of clear communication, etc.  I get that.  I didn't always have the luxury of accessing this website at work so I missed out on things in the earlier days that I would've liked.  I feel pretty damn lucky now that I can just jump on here at any given time no matter where I am.
    I hear you and I don’t disagree.  I’m lucky enough to jump in the forums pretty regularly as well. Even with that luxury, I’ve missed out on many posters that I wanted.  That was even when we all knew exactly when the drops were coming.  After about 10 seconds of disappointment, I’d move on with my day and not look back.  I mean, after all, it’s a poster.  I think that approach would serve some people well. 
    edited July 2019
    It's weird how some fans are so quick to jump on other fans. 

"Those people wanted something and feel disappointed - LETS DISPARAGE THEM AND SHOW HOW MUCH WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IT!"

zzz
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134

The show poster by Brad Klausen is totally underrated. It's one of my favorite ever!
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506

"Those people wanted something and feel disappointed - LETS DISPARAGE THEM AND SHOW HOW MUCH WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IT!"

zzz
    I think you're missing the point.  It sounds like a bunch of 5 yo's that didn't get chocolate milk and were stuck with regular milk.

They are people.  They actually seem like somewhat caring people.  So, for you to disparage them over you missing out on a colored vinyl seems a tad bit much. That's all.

And as for the Deep and Club Singles - yeah - they owe us that.  But, the $20 or whatever extra I spent for a couple years isn't changing my life (or theirs - but maybe, it did change someone else by extension since they do run the Vitalogy Charity among contributing to others).  The other way to look at it is - at least they stopped the madness and announced - no more club singles for analog, so you could stop paying and holding out hope for future years if you chose (of course, I can't wait for the sh!t storm when they do something even the least bit unique for the analog members who have hung on anyway).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

zzz
    I think you're missing the point.  It sounds like a bunch of 5 yo's that didn't get chocolate milk and were stuck with regular milk.

They are people.  They actually seem like somewhat caring people.  So, for you to disparage them over you missing out on a colored vinyl seems a tad bit much. That's all.

And as for the Deep and Club Singles - yeah - they owe us that.  But, the $20 or whatever extra I spent for a couple years isn't changing my life (or theirs - but maybe, it did change someone else by extension since they do run the Vitalogy Charity among contributing to others).  The other way to look at it is - at least they stopped the madness and announced - no more club singles for analog, so you could stop paying and holding out hope for future years if you chose (of course, I can't wait for the sh!t storm when they do something even the least bit unique for the analog members who have hung on anyway).
    What did I miss out on?
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    to all that got one congratulations. to those that didn't there is always the next one. no condolences its not a funeral.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    foodboy said:
    to all that got one congratulations. to those that didn't there is always the next one. no condolences its not a funeral.
    I'm both gutted and outraged by this comment...

Closed for review...

lol