psst...7/10/19

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:
    It says "Out of Stock. Thanks!" It should really say 'Out of stock. Fuck you!'

It really fucking sucks when they put limited edition items in the store at 3am Australia time. It constantly amazes me that a band that supposedly loves vinyl makes it so damn hard to actually get hold of it.

Rant over. Fuck this. Move on.

But it’s early am in many places. Can’t make everyone happy tho right?
    I get that it will always be early somewhere. This isn't the first time this has happened, and it damn sure won't be the last.
    But when it comes to something that people have been talking about on here since the initial RSD announcement, why make it so limited? Why not do it like the Vault issues and base the manufacturing on the pre-orders?
    exactly 
    tdawe said:
    .......but this was poorly done. 
    This was not poorly done!
    This was announced at 10am on the 10th of the month, everyone knows the monthly newsletter release date and time. Also it was available in the Shop for over 2 hours.

Also, random drops of limited items are key. It is incorrect to assume we would have a better chance of getting a limited item if they announced when limited items will go on sale.
    It was extremely poorly done.  Just take pre orders so everybody that wants one has an opportunity to get it.  Real simple.  
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    This was announced at 10am on the 10th of the month, everyone knows the monthly newsletter release date and time. Also it was available in the Shop for over 2 hours.

Also, random drops of limited items are key. It is incorrect to assume we would have a better chance of getting a limited item if they announced when limited items will go on sale.
    My problem isn't with how it was dropped now, it was the poor messaging back in the spring. I realize that it wasn't actively misleading - I let my mind fill in the blanks - but I for one passed on the RSD version in reliance on the notion that as a 10 Club member I'd definitely be able to get a club version later. My assumption was that it would be handled like the Vaults - put up a preorder for a month and let any member who wants one sign up, then press 'em and send them around in the fall. I don't know why they wouldn't have done it that way now. 
    This is what I thought as well.
    I got to RSD too late.  They were gone.  I wasn't worried at all under the same impression as you guys...I would easily be able to get the 10c version
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited July 2019
    tdawe said:

It was extremely poorly done.  Just take pre orders so everybody that wants one has an opportunity to get it.  Real simple.  
    Bingo, it really isn't that hard.  Take pre-orders for a week then close shop.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:

Yup. 

No reason not to be fair and work with the fans, instead of whatever this is.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:

Yup. 

Its stupid limited fucking bullshit that feeds flippers and "collectors" that have zero interest in spinning the fucking record.

It blows my mind that a band made up of members that all love vinyl dont make more vinyl available to their own fan club.
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:

Yup. 

Its stupid limited fucking bullshit that feeds flippers and "collectors" that have zero interest in spinning the fucking record.

It blows my mind that a band made up of members that all love vinyl dont make more vinyl available to their own fan club.
    Spinning vault 3 as I type and obviously couldn't agree with you more.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    you would think they dropped Benny again with this outrage. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:

Yup. 

Spinning vault 3 as I type and obviously couldn't agree with you more.  
    Great vault!  I just spun vault 4 on Sunday.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    You guys know how the they handle the vaults is very rare and there is a reason most bands labels do not do it.  
    Plus they could do that and the same number of people will complain.  When you are a band as big they are you are never going to make everyone happy.
    Some you guys would lose your minds if you were Melvins vinyl collectors
    Whatever.

They're doing things wrong when they don't have to. 

"B-b-b-but this is what RSD is all about".

Bullshit.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 2019
    Since it isn't a Benny you should sell your copy for cost and donate the money to Operation Yellow Ribbon; I'll even match your donation.  
    Fucking stand up for something people. 

Could they make it more fair for fans? YES.

Period. Stop. No need to find excuses.
    edited July 2019
    It's not outrage.  It's simply an opinion that its really fucking dumb the way this dropped.  I have it on cd.  I can listen to it that way.  But I love listening to vinyl.  PJ is one of my favorite bands so I really love listening to them on vinyl.  Therefore, I am a little bummed I couldn't get either copy of this release.  All pretty simple to understand.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Since it isn't a Benny you should sell your copy for cost and donate the money to Operation Yellow Ribbon; I'll even match your donation.  
    Because that would make the world fair again, you are right. I don’t think I will be selling this though. Thank you for the recommendation. A donation is probably in order soon though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    mcgruff10 said:
    Because that would make the world fair again, you are right. I don’t think I will be selling this though. Thank you for the recommendation. A donation is probably in order soon though
    Nice work on the donation!  Let us know how the vinyl sounds.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    If only Emek had released 9,000 copies of the Santa Barbara poster.....and then a 3,000+ variant edition.  

Man. Would’ve been much easier to find one. 
    If only Emek had released 9,000 copies of the Santa Barbara poster.....and then a 3,000+ variant edition.  

Man. Would’ve been much easier to find one. 
    Emek and one of the biggest bands in the world are a little different.
    edited July 2019
    As a vinyl collector i just don't see the outrage.  12,000 copies pressed is insane.  

This would have cost you $30-40 on RSD.  My store charged $36.  Its been selling on ebay for between $45-60.   Theres a bunch on discogs for $50-60.  The red was $43 from 10C.  

You can spin this record by paying $10 more than people did on RSD. 
    edited July 2019
    We need to rebuild this entire fanbase. It is conditioned to condone and defend completely un-needed practises. And it's so surprising - it's not like it is in your own self interest or help your fellow fans. 

Remember when shit hit the fan during the "we were sabotaged" thing and Kelly Curtis came on to give a bunch of non-answers but still at least had to create an account and face us? Something actually happened that forced a reaction, a response and change.

I understand it might be hard for some parts of the world to understand the idea of unionising or joining together. But we hold the power for change - together. 

But as long as people are, for whatever reason, defending un-needed practises that change will be impossible. You being a good boy will not make Eddie Vedder take you out surfing.

And people will gladly sit and wait for five years for DEEP magazines and holiday singles they've paid for while the band chills out or makes more money on other merch they have to take the time to OK - merch that is not DEEP or holiday singles.

Bizarre if you stop and think. 

Maybe it's just me who doesn't feel the need to make money of other fans or build up a portfolio of shit to trade with that makes me feel like "fairness" is something to strive for.

edited July 2019
    :rofl:   Yep i think its time to go play Hot Wheels with my kid. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    The deep mag and single are a different story. Not receiving goods you paid for in a timely manner is horrible. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited July 2019
    Fuck playing with Hot Wheels. Take the time to watch The Land Before time with him/her. Every parent should sit down and watch that with their kids. Should be law. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Fuck playing with Hot Wheels. Take the time to watch The Land Before time with him/her. Every parent should sit down and watch that with their kids. Should be law. 
    I have the dvd man!
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    We need to rebuild this entire fanbase. It is conditioned to condone and defend completely un-needed practises. And it's so surprising - it's not like it is in your own self interest or help your fellow fans. 

Remember when shit hit the fan during the "we were sabotaged" thing and Kelly Curtis came on to give a bunch of non-answers but still at least had to create an account and face us? Something actually happened that forced a reaction, a response and change.

I understand it might be hard for some parts of the world to understand the idea of unionising or joining together. But we hold the power for change - together. 

But as long as people are, for whatever reason, defending un-needed practises that change will be impossible. You being a good boy will not make Eddie Vedder take you out surfing.

And people will gladly sit and wait for five years for DEEP magazines and holiday singles they've paid for while the band chills out or makes more money on other merch they have to take the time to OK - merch that is not DEEP or holiday singles.

Maybe it's just me who doesn't feel the need to make money of other fans or build up a portfolio of shit to trade with that makes me feel like "fairness" is something to strive for.

There are realities to production and administration that you’re either missing or ignoring. They don’t have unlimited unfettered access to pressers at their own leisure.  They also don’t have to spend their days babysitting you and your needs and wants. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    I have the dvd man!
    You have my respect!

There are realities to production and administration that you’re either missing or ignoring. They don’t have unlimited unfettered access to pressers at their own leisure.  They also don’t have to spend their days babysitting you and your needs and wants. 
    You don't know what you're talking about.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Fake outrage
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    RP112579 said:
    Fake outrage
    No outrage, just disappointed.  
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 662
    Wow this thread has turned into a real shit show.  Get over yourselves people.

4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin