The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I get 28 days of paid vacation time next year, is that more than none?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Bernie forgot to mention tax rates in his tweet.  That's seems like an unusual oversight on his part.  
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Abd with our tax rates that you fear so much and losing big compared to by any quality of life metric - we pay half of your cost in health care. And were pretty expensive compared to other European countries.

so just go to bed with your me-me-me outllok on society. 
    Yep I'll do that gladly with my 24% effective rate.  Thanks.  And you can sleep well in your second rate country as well.  I aim high,  you aim... let's call it mediocre at best. 
    I pay 25%. If you are speaking percentage of pay. 

You still pay double for your healthcare. So be daft if you wish to.

And show me one Quality of Life metric where Sweden would be "second rate" compared to the US?

Fucking debate from within reality if you gonna debate. But obviously you are unable to.

"B-b-but MRI if I pay for it. B-b-but WW2. B-b-but magic eagles soaring over our land. F-f-fuck everyone else"

The Nickelback of arguments.
    Sorry I didn't know that you were low income.  My bad.  I guess that's why you don't mind other people paying for your standard of living.  I was raised differently.  It's probably just a cultural thing.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have 6 weeks. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Bernie forgot to mention tax rates in his tweet.  That's seems like an unusual oversight on his part.  
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Abd with our tax rates that you fear so much and losing big compared to by any quality of life metric - we pay half of your cost in health care. And were pretty expensive compared to other European countries.

Yep I'll do that gladly with my 24% effective rate.  Thanks.  And you can sleep well in your second rate country as well.  I aim high,  you aim... let's call it mediocre at best. 

And show me one Quality of Life metric where Sweden would be "second rate" compared to the US?

Fucking debate from within reality if you gonna debate. But obviously you are unable to.

"B-b-but MRI if I pay for it. B-b-but WW2. B-b-but magic eagles soaring over our land. F-f-fuck everyone else"

Sorry I didn't know that you were low income.  My bad.  I guess that's why you don't mind other people paying for your standard of living.  I was raised differently.  It's probably just a cultural thing.  
    show me one Quality of Life metric where Sweden would be "second rate" compared to the US?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

show me one Quality of Life metric where Sweden would be "second rate" compared to the US?

mcgruff10 said:
    I have 6 weeks. 
    Two more days, wow lol.  So 28 days is more than none?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have 6 weeks. 
    I don't really know what you wanna have said?

Is it something similar to when you were just posting random links to american museums and were unsure if you could bring your kids there?

Not having a legal right to maternity leave is fucking sick. Absolutely disgusting.
    I'm responding to the chart you posted.  Is my 28 days of paid vacation more than none?  My wife got maternity leave and I took family leave to raise my son Joey.  So I guess I was just confused.  
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have 6 weeks. 
    Swedish law of vacation

The Swedish semester law gives all employees the right to five weeks semester per semester year. Of these you have the right to work for four weeks of coherent holidays in June - August.

What does the law for workers right in the US say?

Oh wait:

There is no legal requirement for employers to provide paid vacation in the USA.

Q
    u
    a
    l
    i
    t
    y

o
    f

l
    i
    f
    e
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

In the US it's customary to grow up,  move out and make you're own way.  Relying in your mom or the welfare state to keep you afloat is necessary for some I'm sure,  but I think in our culture,  it's not something to be proud of or want to be that way in perpetuity.   That just seems so foreign. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have 6 weeks. 
    Swedish law of vacation

The Swedish semester law gives all employees the right to five weeks semester per semester year. Of these you have the right to work for four weeks of coherent holidays in June - August.

What does the law for workers right in the US say?

Oh wait:

There is no legal requirement for employers to provide paid vacation in the USA.

Q
    u
    a
    l
    i
    t
    y

o
    f

l
    i
    f
    e
    I can't imagine if there was some sort of exchange program and Swedish people worked in the United States, that would be some funny stuff.  Yeah you have to work here dude to make ends meet.  
    As my buddy from Panama explained to me, you can't be lazy in the US.  You either work or you don't make it.

vacation should be determined by your job, there should be no national law.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

In the US it's customary to grow up,  move out and make you're own way.  Relying in your mom or the welfare state to keep you afloat is necessary for some I'm sure,  but I think in our culture,  it's not something to be proud of or want to be that way in perpetuity.   That just seems so foreign. 
    You are so fucking lost. Just throwing out things you've picked up from wherever. Without knowing shit.

"
    Swedes, like other Nordic Europeans, have an independent streak. They leave their parental homes earlier than almost all their southern neighbors.

One study found that just 2% of Swedish men lived with their parents after the age of 30. In Spain, a quarter of 30-year-old men still are shacking up with mom and dad; in Italy it was around 32%."

"For example, whereas in the US parents are expected to help pay for the their children’s college education, in Sweden parental income levels are just not part of the equation."

Again:

You seem to be unable to? So how about drop that flag wrapped around you and look at the world through the prism of reality instead of the prism of "every part of the system I belong to told me I was special"

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Definitely a cultural difference.  I can't imagine living with my mom and dad when I was 24 or even 30.  Shit when I moved back in when I was in the middle of my divorce I wanted to rip my hair out. lol
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

You are so fucking lost. Just throwing out things you've picked up from wherever. Without knowing shit.

"Swedes, like other Nordic Europeans, have an independent streak. They leave their parental homes earlier than almost all their southern neighbors.

One study found that just 2% of Swedish men lived with their parents after the age of 30. In Spain, a quarter of 30-year-old men still are shacking up with mom and dad; in Italy it was around 32%."

"For example, whereas in the US parents are expected to help pay for the their children’s college education, in Sweden parental income levels are just not part of the equation."

Again:

You seem to be unable to? So how about drop that flag wrapped around you and look at the world through the prism of reality instead of the prism of "every part of the system I belong to told me I was special"

Sweden's a shit hole compared to the US.  The flat tax income system pushes people swiftly into the top marginal tax bracket, at what?  1.5% of the average maybe..less?  Hey thanks for being a great producer, your reward is doubled up tax rate to pay for the deadbeats that can't get a decent job.  No thanks.  Oh yeah, but make sure you thank them for paying for your college.

I like to be rewarded for teh work I do, not be punished for it.  Progressive tax system is great, but that's not what Sweden has.  Add in all teh VAT bullshit and voila.. yeah I get free shit at only 55% income tax.  How awesome.  Christ.. no thanks.  Keep that bullshit in Sweden.  
    Oh and thread integrity, stop talking about Sweden and stay on topic already.  JHC. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Definitely a cultural difference.  I can't imagine living with my mom and dad when I was 24 or even 30.  Shit when I moved back in when I was in the middle of my divorce I wanted to rip my hair out. lol
    I moved out when I was 19. What is your point?
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh and thread integrity, stop talking about Sweden and stay on topic already.  JHC. 
    yeah f that:

"Scandinavian income taxes raise a lot of revenue because they are actually rather flat. In other words, they tax most people at these high rates, not just high-income taxpayers. The top marginal tax rate of 60 percent in Denmark applies to all income over 1.2 times the average income in Denmark. From the American perspective, this means that all income over $60,000 (1.2 times the average income of about $50,000 in the United States) would be taxed at 60 percent.

Sweden and Norway have similarly flat income tax systems. Sweden’s top marginal tax rate of 56.9 percent applies to all income over 1.5 times the average income in Sweden. Norway’s top marginal tax rate of 39 percent applies to all income over 1.6 times the average Norwegian income.

Compare this to The United States. The top marginal tax rate of 46.8 percent (state average and federal combined rates) kicks in at 8.5 times the average U.S. income (around $400,000). Comparatively, few taxpayers in the United States face the top marginal rate."

Spiritual do you make minimum wage?  Is that why this isn't a big deal to you?

My wife and I, two teachers, would be taxed at 56.9% if we were like Sweden!  No way could we afford our house, cars, kids, vacation, etc.  Shit I'd be drinking bud light and driving by kid to day care on the back of my scooter. lol

mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

I got my first apartment two months after 18.  My parents upped and moved to FL when I was a senior, but there was no way I was leaving.  I did move back in with my mom at 20 for six months when my dad died, just to help her out down in Ft Myers.  I was living in Tampa.  It was just God awful.  Not because of my mom, but living in Ft Myers, FL.  Couldn't wait to get back to Tampa.  Had to put college and life on hold for six months, but my mom was pretty banged up.  Second PJ show was out in St Pete.  me and @mickeyrat were in the small venue, the same night, on the Vs. tour... If only I could re-live that night somehow.  
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

"Scandinavian income taxes raise a lot of revenue because they are actually rather flat. In other words, they tax most people at these high rates, not just high-income taxpayers. The top marginal tax rate of 60 percent in Denmark applies to all income over 1.2 times the average income in Denmark. From the American perspective, this means that all income over $60,000 (1.2 times the average income of about $50,000 in the United States) would be taxed at 60 percent.

Sweden and Norway have similarly flat income tax systems. Sweden’s top marginal tax rate of 56.9 percent applies to all income over 1.5 times the average income in Sweden. Norway’s top marginal tax rate of 39 percent applies to all income over 1.6 times the average Norwegian income.

Compare this to The United States. The top marginal tax rate of 46.8 percent (state average and federal combined rates) kicks in at 8.5 times the average U.S. income (around $400,000). Comparatively, few taxpayers in the United States face the top marginal rate."

My wife and I, two teachers, would be taxed at 56.9% if we were like Sweden!  No way could we afford our house, cars, kids, vacation, etc.  Shit I'd be drinking bud light and driving by kid to day care on the back of my scooter. lol

My brother who is a teacher, and his gf is a nurse, can afford house, car (SAAB), kids, vacation etc. 

Get out of your hole, spit out the koolaid and start thinking a tad. I know you need mrussels respect. But come on now.
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

Ha!  Around here we call those liquor-cycles... because you can still drive one after you get a DUI.  And you're right.  Can you imagine paying 34k in taxes on an income of 60k?  And that's before you pay VAT or anything else.  No thanks.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

"Swedes, like other Nordic Europeans, have an independent streak. They leave their parental homes earlier than almost all their southern neighbors.

Again:

Sweden's a shit hole compared to the US.  The flat tax income system pushes people swiftly into the top marginal tax bracket, at what?  1.5% of the average maybe..less?  Hey thanks for being a great producer, your reward is doubled up tax rate to pay for the deadbeats that can't get a decent job.  No thanks.  Oh yeah, but make sure you thank them for paying for your college.

I like to be rewarded for teh work I do, not be punished for it.  Progressive tax system is great, but that's not what Sweden has.  Add in all teh VAT bullshit and voila.. yeah I get free shit at only 55% income tax.  How awesome.  Christ.. no thanks.  Keep that bullshit in Sweden.  
    Shit hole? I don’t believe I heard Team Trump Treason mention it in his list. Fake news.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

I got my first apartment two months after 18.  My parents upped and moved to FL when I was a senior, but there was no way I was leaving.  I did move back in with my mom at 20 for six months when my dad died, just to help her out down in Ft Myers.  I was living in Tampa.  It was just God awful.  Not because of my mom, but living in Ft Myers, FL.  Couldn't wait to get back to Tampa.  Had to put college and life on hold for six months, but my mom was pretty banged up.  Second PJ show was out in St Pete.  me and @mickeyrat were in the small venue, the same night, on the Vs. tour... If only I could re-live that night somehow.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Again:

Shit hole? I don’t believe I heard Team Trump Treason mention it in his list. Fake news.

Excellent point, I stand corrected.  Perhaps I can conjure up a kick-ass meme about it and get invited to the WH.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

Ha!  Around here we call those liquor-cycles... because you can still drive one after you get a DUI.  And you're right.  Can you imagine paying 34k in taxes on an income of 60k?  And that's before you pay VAT or anything else.  No thanks.  
    Hell no!  And that is why Bernie will lose if he gets the nomination, who the heck wants to pay these insane rates?  Yeah no thanks, I'm not that far to the left.  
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

Hell no!  And that is why Bernie will lose if he gets the nomination, who the heck wants to pay these insane rates?  Yeah no thanks, I'm not that far to the left.  

Can you hear the bald eagles calling to you?
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Again:

Excellent point, I stand corrected.  Perhaps I can conjure up a kick-ass meme about it and get invited to the WH.  
    I'd love to see a photo with you and Donnie hugging.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

The attack ads practically write themselves.  It's jut not in our culture to be reliant on the government for everything.  I'm a big supporter of ensuring everyone has health care.  I also support FMLA.  But he's way out there.  It won't happen in Bernie's lifetime, that's for sure.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

The attack ads practically write themselves.  It's jut not in our culture to be reliant on the government for everything.  I'm a big supporter of ensuring everyone has health care.  I also support FMLA.  But he's way out there.  It won't happen in Bernie's lifetime, that's for sure.
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah f that:

Pardon?
This discussion has been closed.