2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    I could see Westbrook on Miami at some point. Riley often goes big star hunting plus they've been to postseason twice in five seasons since LeBron went back to Cleveland
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And now Westbrook's agent is working on a trade.  It only makes sense.  I would want to leave too. 
    Here come the Knicks to trade major assets for an aging PG that without athletism isn’t much.....

Westbrook type guys don’t lift trophies
    This is true.  As good as he is and fun to watch he won't win a chip unless he uses his team more which is funny considering he averages 10 assists a game.

So that whole team, the OKC franchise rather, has had 3 of the best players in the NBA leave them in Durant, Harden and PG.

The one constant is Westbrook.

All fingers have to point at him right?
    I think he’s been one of the more overrated players in the league for some time now.
    Averaging a triple double for 2 consecutive years is hardly "over rated".

His teams early playoff exits though I would agree with you then.

He's a stat stuffer.
    Averaged 22 points on 20 shot attempts.
    He's a bad three point shooter yet he jacks up 6 a game.
    Stealing cheap rebounds from teammates all the time to get those triple doubles.

He never has success in the playoffs and George is now the second "star" player who wanted to get away from him. I've never been a fan. 
    No love for Harden apparently too, lol?

If I had a team they would not include Westbrook or Harden but you just can't deny their talent, you just can't.
    I don't think anyone really denies that they are very talented player, but both play the game the wrong way, especially Westbrook. His usage rates are through the roof (as are Harden's), but he consistently takes BAD shots, especially from three, where is is an average shooter at best. I think of Westbrook as an athletic and competitive freak, who has a low to average at best, basketball IQ
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    I could see Westbrook on Miami at some point. Riley often goes big star hunting plus they've been to postseason twice in five seasons since LeBron went back to Cleveland
    There seems to be a bit of buzz about Miami, but what do they have left to trade after giving up picks and Richardson to the 6ers? 

OKC also have to consider the draft picks they have from the Clippers, which 2 were originally Miami, especially the unprotected pick for 2021. Don't want to make Miami any better and lessen those picks.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    No Coder said:
    There seems to be a bit of buzz about Miami, but what do they have left to trade after giving up picks and Richardson to the 6ers? 

OKC also have to consider the draft picks they have from the Clippers, which 2 were originally Miami, especially the unprotected pick for 2021. Don't want to make Miami any better and lessen those picks.

Prob need a 3rd team, Westbrook’s contract insane

i think it pays him like $47M/yr. in a few years
    CROJAM95 said:
    No Coder said:

Prob need a 3rd team, Westbrook’s contract insane

i think it pays him like $47M/yr. in a few years
    These supermax contracts are biting most teams, Houston hates CP3's contract, Thunder or whoever has him with hate Russ contract. Wizards are stuck with Wall's. He's making over 40 mil per season after this coming season and on 37.8 this year - CRAZY for a player that has never taken his team anywhere!!  Steph's looks to be the only one that's okay at this stage.

Jordan has copped a lot of flak for not signing Kemba to a supermax contract, BUT they are not winning a title with him as the number 1 option, so I think its not a terrible move, as long as they rebuild properly (which is unlikely as Hornets have drafted terribly for years). It's harsh on Kemba as he's been a great player for the organisation, but if they pay him overs, they'll never be able to do anything. Rozier is not as good as Kemba, but he's on nearly a qtr of the contract, so they can build others around him once they get rid of Batum's terrible contract.

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    No Coder said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And now Westbrook's agent is working on a trade.  It only makes sense.  I would want to leave too. 
    Here come the Knicks to trade major assets for an aging PG that without athletism isn’t much.....

This is true.  As good as he is and fun to watch he won't win a chip unless he uses his team more which is funny considering he averages 10 assists a game.

So that whole team, the OKC franchise rather, has had 3 of the best players in the NBA leave them in Durant, Harden and PG.

I think he’s been one of the more overrated players in the league for some time now.

He's a stat stuffer.
    Stealing cheap rebounds from teammates all the time to get those triple doubles.

He never has success in the playoffs and George is now the second "star" player who wanted to get away from him. I've never been a fan. 

If I had a team they would not include Westbrook or Harden but you just can't deny their talent, you just can't.
    I don't think anyone really denies that they are very talented player, but both play the game the wrong way, especially Westbrook. His usage rates are through the roof (as are Harden's), but he consistently takes BAD shots, especially from three, where is is an average shooter at best. I think of Westbrook as an athletic and competitive freak, who has a low to average at best, basketball IQ
    Totally agree
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    No Coder said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He's a stat stuffer.

The stat I see people bring up the most is the amount of time they hold the ball.

That one is astounding.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    If I was Russell and played my career in OKC, I'd be thrilled to be mediocre in Miami. 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Anybody watch the Espy's?

That HS kid breaking 10 sec in the damn 100 should have won for Best record Breaking performance.
    Thread integrity.

Is anyone following the rule changes?  Challenging charges and blocks on video replay?

Not a fan.  Stops the flow of the game.

A good coach can use this to their advantage if the other team gets hot.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I never watch the Espys. All replay sucks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Anybody watch the Espy's?

That HS kid breaking 10 sec in the damn 100 should have won for Best record Breaking performance.
    Ive never seen so many god damn commercial breaks, fuck espn

thank god for dvr
    Westbrook to Rockets for Paul and the draft pick!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    OKC making the slow play for 2027 :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    They are the 76ers without the seasons and seasons and seasons of tanking.
    Red allert for the fashion police..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Jason P said:
    3 seasons. Oh the horror!

....and now odds on favorites to win the East.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Does anyone think this was a good move for Houston? I can envision nightly battles to the death over who has the ball in their hands more...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jason P said:
    Not even close. They've traded allstar after allstar. Hinkie traded, mostly scrubs, for our picks and was masterful in doing it until the NBA stepped in and fucked it up.
    What will the next 4-5 years of OKC be called if it's not tanking?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Jason P said:

That will change as soon as they figure out Durant’s return date.
    Does anyone think this was a good move for Houston? I can envision nightly battles to the death over who has the ball in their hands more...
    No.

Westbrook and Durant both need to hold on to the ball.  If they learn to play together, which I don't see happening, then it works.

Remember Harden left because he wanted to be "the man".
    No.

Westbrook and Durant both need to hold on to the ball.  If they learn to play together, which I don't see happening, then it works.

Yeah I don't like it either.  I don't know that this gets them closer.  I feel like they smelled a little blood for Westbrook and had to make a move, now or never.  Feels a bit desperate to me, since the two of them feel so similar.  
    mrussel1 said:
    No.

Yeah I don't like it either.  I don't know that this gets them closer.  I feel like they smelled a little blood for Westbrook and had to make a move, now or never.  Feels a bit desperate to me, since the two of them feel so similar.  
    I meant Harden but you understood me, ty.
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

He's missing half the season. Even then, he's not going to be the same player. 20/21 is the year to be concerned about Brooklyn. Even then....he's older and coming off an incredibly tough injury and he doesn't have one of the greatest teams of all time backing him up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

He's missing half the season. Even then, he's not going to be the same player. 20/21 is the year to be concerned about Brooklyn. Even then....he's older and coming off an incredibly tough injury and he doesn't have one of the greatest teams of all time backing him up. 
    If he is 80% of what he was he will still be better than 90% of the league.

If he can play w Kyrie then that will be something to watch.
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

If he is 80% of what he was he will still be better than 90% of the league.

If he can play w Kyrie then that will be something to watch.
    They're saying he's playing next year?