2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    fife said:
    If they dont get Kawhi the Lakers will get Marcus Morris, Danny Green, Kyle Korver, probably Boogie.  They’ll be a playoff team barring injury.  Anthony Davis is like Samuel L Jackson’s character on Unbreakable.  Mr Glass
    I heard that the spurs are going for Boogie.  as for Green that depends on where Leonard signs, i could see him come back to toronto if leonard signs there.  AD for me has always been overrated.  yes he is a great player but people saying he is a top 5 players doesn't make sense to me.
    His jumper is getting worse, not better.  He needs to get that back to create space for Lebron. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    fife said:
    As a raptors fan I would love Leonard to come back and I feel that he will but if he doesn't then I want him on the Clippers mostly cause I want to see the lakers fail which they will if they don't get Leonard. 

maybe I will get slammed for this but if the Lakers don't get Leonard, I could see them either being a bottom seed or not making the playoffs next year even with James and AD.
    The Clippers are out.  It's between Toronto and LA.  Chris Carter says the announcement will be tomorrow.  Many say the Raptors are front runners, but it's close...

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So just reported that there will be no decision today.  i think the longer its goes the better it is for the raptors. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    For a dude that does noes like drama, he sure is creating some...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Kawhi to Clips

they will get Paul George in a trade too

Woj
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Danny Green to the Lakers...

Toronto you got some holes now to fill...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Danny Green to the Lakers...

Toronto you got some holes now to fill...
    Carmelo Anthony is still available. If Toronto signs him, it will be like Kahwi never left. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    CROJAM95 said:
    Kawhi to Clips

Woj
    New boom..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Fuck you Lebron! I love it. The NBA is going to be insane next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    East will be Gianni's conference now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    CROJAM95 said:
    Kawhi to Clips

Woj
    OKC gets 2 double digit scorers and 4 unprotected first rounders.  Considering they couldn't make it out of the first round for two years, I think OKC was losing ground in the west.  This is probably a good trade, but you have to wonder how long Westbrook will be there.  

What a year coming up.  I'm really looking forward to it.  We may even have a meaningful regular season.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Nice to see Paul George not completely fuck OKC like he did the Pacers.  What a great douche he is.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    But there is one team (and country) Paul George completely fucked ... bet you didn't see that one coming, Canada.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Huge haul for OKC. Clips should suck again by the time at least the last 2 picks convey, plus they got Miami's 2021, They have major building blocks, just looking at a few down years first.

And Lakers revert to their smart selves by paying 15 mil a year for Danny Green who looked like he lost his shot for much of the playoffs.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited July 2019
    23scidoo said:
    he's great but he can't win the conference by himself
    Yeah the west is gonna be wide open
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited July 2019
    NOLA and OKC are going to dominate the mid to late 2020s with all of these tradable assets 
    23scidoo said:
    he's great but he can't win the conference by himself
    Yeah the west is gonna be wide open
    Sixers gotta be the odds on favorites at this point right? Especially if they get Korver on vet minimum

Bucks, on paper, don’t look as good at the moment. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Kawhi to Clips

Woj
    OKC gets 2 double digit scorers and 4 unprotected first rounders.  Considering they couldn't make it out of the first round for two years, I think OKC was losing ground in the west.  This is probably a good trade, but you have to wonder how long Westbrook will be there.  

What a year coming up.  I'm really looking forward to it.  We may even have a meaningful regular season.
    I think it's a good trade too for OKC. They were never gonna  make it out of the West any time soon. Yes, should be interesting if they , can? (trade Westbrook)

Should be a great season coming up as ther could be a number of teams that have a legit chance winning the NBA Championship.
    And now Westbrook's agent is working on a trade.  It only makes sense.  I would want to leave too. 
    Jason P said:
    Nice to see Paul George not completely fuck OKC like he did the Pacers.  What a great douche he is.
    He wifed up a striper, the delusional world some celebs live in 🤪

NOLA and OKC are going to dominate the mid to late 2020s with all of these tradable assets 
    Idk, I feel Zion is at best 50/50 to sign an extension there when it’s time, Guys don’t want small market cities... living in LA, NY, South Beach is the treend

mrussel1 said:
    And now Westbrook's agent is working on a trade.  It only makes sense.  I would want to leave too. 
    Here come the Knicks to trade major assets for an aging PG that without athletism isn’t much.....

Westbrook type guys don’t lift trophies
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Here come the Knicks to trade major assets for an aging PG that without athletism isn’t much.....

This is true.  As good as he is and fun to watch he won't win a chip unless he uses his team more which is funny considering he averages 10 assists a game.

So that whole team, the OKC franchise rather, has had 3 of the best players in the NBA leave them in Durant, Harden and PG.

The one constant is Westbrook.

All fingers have to point at him right?
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is true.  As good as he is and fun to watch he won't win a chip unless he uses his team more which is funny considering he averages 10 assists a game.

So that whole team, the OKC franchise rather, has had 3 of the best players in the NBA leave them in Durant, Harden and PG.

I think he’s been one of the more overrated players in the league for some time now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think he’s been one of the more overrated players in the league for some time now.
    Averaging a triple double for 2 consecutive years is hardly "over rated".

His teams early playoff exits though I would agree with you then.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    He’s the quintessential stat padder. Hard to say he’s overrated with as much ability as he has but the triple double thing isn’t nearly as impressive to watch as it is on the stat sheet.

He’s not going to wreck the internal chemistry of a team, but he’ll make a mess of any on court chemistry to make sure he gets his. Shame, because he’s athletically gifted as they come and I love the throwback competitive fire. 

CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He's a stat stuffer.
    Averaged 22 points on 20 shot attempts.
    He's a bad three point shooter yet he jacks up 6 a game.
    Stealing cheap rebounds from teammates all the time to get those triple doubles.

He never has success in the playoffs and George is now the second "star" player who wanted to get away from him. I've never been a fan. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He's a stat stuffer.
    Averaged 22 points on 20 shot attempts.
    He's a bad three point shooter yet he jacks up 6 a game.
    Stealing cheap rebounds from teammates all the time to get those triple doubles.

He never has success in the playoffs and George is now the second "star" player who wanted to get away from him. I've never been a fan. 
    No love for Harden apparently too, lol?

If I had a team they would not include Westbrook or Harden but you just can't deny their talent, you just can't.