Options

If PJ play T In The Park i'll stab someone in the thorax

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
cos the tickets are already half sold and when they are released to the public... well lets just say if you thought getting Wembley tickets was hard... no chance with these!!!

plus i'm on my fucking holidays, so i will stab someone in the thorax!!! :mad:
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    A limited quantity of 35,000 tickets for T in the Park 2007 went on sale this morning at 9am, and were snapped up by music fans in just 70 minutes! The record-breaking demand for tickets experienced on official websites and ticket hotlines this morning follows an amazing weekend of music at Balado by Kinross last weekend, proving that T in the Park is the hottest ticket in the UK.

plus i emailed the 10club and asked if they were playing any Scottish dates and was advised to purchase Wembley... as no other dates were scheduled... if they play Scotland just 2 weeks after Wembley then so help me god..... aaaaarrrggggggh
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    plus i emailed the 10club and asked if they were playing any Scottish dates and was advised to purchase Wembley... as no other dates were scheduled... if they play Scotland just 2 weeks after Wembley then so help me god..... aaaaarrrggggggh

Maybe they didn't realise T in the Park is in Scotland?

Look on the bright side though. It may be a lot of hassle and money to go see PJ at Wembley, but isn't it nicer still then a festival? Especially with so many 10C people on the floor?
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Maybe they didn't realise T in the Park is in Scotland?

Look on the bright side though. It may be a lot of hassle and money to go see PJ at Wembley, but isn't it nicer still then a festival? Especially with so many 10C people on the floor?

if they dont realise that then... well... i'm biting my tongue here ;)

i think wembley will be amazing but I specifically asked about Scotland gigs and i'd hate to think i was being lied to :)
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    if they dont realise that then... well... i'm biting my tongue here ;)

i think wembley will be amazing but I specifically asked about Scotland gigs and i'd hate to think i was being lied to :)

Lying is bad.

Then again, even if they realised T in the Park (I was going to abbreviate is TitP, not sure about that!) is in Scotland, it is not an official PJ gig with a pre-sale, so that could be why you were advised to buy London...

Well, I hope they make some more announcements soon, cos the waiting is driving me mad. When they're finally here I'll be a mess!
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I thought T-In the park was for 12 year old 'Girls Aloud' fans??
  • Options
    i'm not even sure if humans have a thorax :)
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

for an intelligent guy Byrnzie you can say the blondest things!!!

its the ultimate festival this side of carlisle ;)
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i wont get angry is they decide to play in scotland!

more gigs!! woooo

cant be arsed with t in the park though...been there done that, and seein pj at leeds was epic enough for me

t in the park 2005 cant be topped for me....nowt to do with the music, just the best all round weekend experience:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    i wont get angry is they decide to play in scotland!

more gigs!! woooo :)

oh i agree Dug but i have asked if there are any more gigs planned in Scotland as i was advised to buy the Wembley tickets as no other UK shows were planned.... hence me getting annoyed

obviously i'll go to the fucking thing, but thats not the point!
  • Options
    oh i agree Dug but i have asked if there are any more gigs planned in Scotland as i was advised to buy the Wembley tickets as no other UK shows were planned.... hence me getting annoyed

obviously i'll go to the fucking thing, but thats not the point!
    aye valid point

guess they had to say that to you though if the gigs werent confirmed. if they hinted that scotland might happen and you didnt but tickets to london, then scotland dates were pulled, it would be a lot worse!
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    cos the tickets are already half sold and when they are released to the public... well lets just say if you thought getting Wembley tickets was hard... no chance with these!!!

plus i'm on my fucking holidays, so i will stab someone in the thorax!!! :mad:

They are not half sold mate, they sell a limited amount the day after the festival, but the vast majority are still to even go on sale, its usually around the 2/3 week in february.

And ive been to the last 4 T's and never had any real problems getting tickets.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    You can keep T-in-the-Park.

indoor arena show > pikey festival
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Ill happily keep my Tin the Park then, the 4 times ive been have been the best weekends of my life.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    Please do not play T in the Park PJ. Twenty mins from my door but standing outside knee deep in plebs neds and a holes is not where I want to see my band. Leeds was ok , but I can't see Pj getting the "love" they deserve at TintheP.
    We want a proper 3 hour concert thanks.

What would be really good would be gig at the sage in Gateshead. Great new venue,Half acoustic Half Rockin.
  • Options
    I could be wrong but if you ask most PJ fans whether they would like to go to a festival to see PJ nowadays or a dedicated sold out concert full of pure PJ fans, we all know what our answer would be.
    Sure t in the park introduces new fans, but they played R&L last year thats enough.
    I think it would be a big mistake for PJ to play T personally
  • Options
    Id prefer to see them in a venue too, but im not going to complain if they were to play t in the park. I dont think they will anyway. If they play Scotland at all i think it will be t on the Fringe at meadowbank, heard a few people talking about that now.

To be honest, i said ages ago that i didnt think theyd play Scotland at all and still sway towards that idea unfortunately. I hope im wrong though.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    They are not half sold mate, they sell a limited amount the day after the festival,

the festival holds 70-80 thousand i believe and from the official T in the Park website i posted this earlier today
    A limited quantity of 35,000 tickets for T in the Park 2007 went on sale this morning at 9am, and were snapped up by music fans in just 70 minutes!

to me thats half of them gone... i'm no good at maths but i can work that one out ;)
  • Options
    the festival holds 70-80 thousand i believe and from the official T in the Park website i posted this earlier today

to me thats half of them gone... i'm no good at maths but i can work that one out ;)
    he's got you there mr gee
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    he's got you there mr gee

nobody fucks with the dunkman at maths... *gives duggro a high 4* :)
  • Options
    nobody fucks with the dunkman at maths... *gives duggro a high 4* :)
    haha

word homie

*gives it right back*
  • Options
    Maths was always my one, and only shortfall lol

I thought there were more than 80 thousand in the campsite last year, must have counted wrong.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Byrnzie wrote:

Don't worry byrnzie...you're not the only blonde one here...I thought that too. :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Thats a ridiculous idea actually Byrnzie, cant believe i missed that post. T in the Park has always been an absolutely amazing experience for me, met some of the coolest people ive ever had the pleasure of meeting, been going since i was 18 and 22 now. Met people aged around 16-50+.

All i can say is dont knock it untill youve tried it. Its not for everyone though i suppose, some are probably not hardcore enough lol
  • Options
    i'm hearing stories left, right and centre about pearl jam at t in the park

interesting.....might need to hunt for a day ticket
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    honestly..if ANY of these extra rumored shows are true, while wonderful for you all....also a bit annoying. it's good to know the WHOLE tour, what cities, etc...before ANY tix go on sale, so one can make an informed decision. sure, some of us are traveling quite far...but even those of you going to the country next door, better to know FIRST if one would be in your home country before deciding to travel.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    honestly..if ANY of these extra rumored shows are true, while wonderful for you all....also a bit annoying. it's good to know the WHOLE tour, what cities, etc...before ANY tix go on sale, so one can make an informed decision. sure, some of us are traveling quite far...but even those of you going to the country next door, better to know FIRST if one would be in your home country before deciding to travel.
    yeah i know, but festivals are rarely in the band's control:(
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    duggro wrote:
    yeah i know, but festivals are rarely in the band's control:(

well if it's festivals and only festivals, then that's a different story...as i am sure most here would want to see a full pearl jam show, so even with a festival at home, probably would travel anyway for a full show. even me, then i wouldn't be disappointed, it's only if they add in full pj shows, in possible other places i might've preferred, or better logistics for travel, ewtc...that it may be annoying.

this new trend of announcing tours in dribs and drabs, not ver conducive to good planning. i understand, or at least hope, there's good reason for it...but i simply hope it's not going to continue as such in the future...that perhaps they get a better handle and can announce all sooner, together....for the benefit of all. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    well if it's festivals and only festivals, then that's a different story...as i am sure most here would want to see a full pearl jam show, so even with a festival at home, probably would travel anyway for a full show. even me, then i wouldn't be disappointed, it's only if they add in full pj shows, in possible other places i might've preferred, or better logistics for travel, ewtc...that it may be annoying.

this new trend of announcing tours in dribs and drabs, not ver conducive to good planning. i understand, or at least hope, there's good reason for it...but i simply hope it's not going to continue as such in the future...that perhaps they get a better handle and can announce all sooner, together....for the benefit of all. :)
    fair point