Options

Same Song Title, Different Band/Artist: "Angel”

2»

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Other
    Remind me what we've covered...One, Dreams, Angel, .... anything else???
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Jimi Hendrix
    rummy said:
    Remind me what we've covered...One, Dreams, Angel, .... anything else???
    Crazy 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    rummy said:
    Add an S and you have the winner:

https://youtu.be/luwAMFcc2f8
    That was indeed a pretty big hit, wasn't it? Hard to believe it's been over two DECADES since its release.
    Yep, a big hit. 

"It is Williams' bestselling single and was voted the best song of the past 25 years at the 2005 Brit Awards."

But he never did break in the US right? I know he really tried with the single with the music video with Darryl Hannah...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Other
    rummy said:
    Add an S and you have the winner:

https://youtu.be/luwAMFcc2f8
    That was indeed a pretty big hit, wasn't it? Hard to believe it's been over two DECADES since its release.
    Yep, a big hit. 

"It is Williams' bestselling single and was voted the best song of the past 25 years at the 2005 Brit Awards."

But he never did break in the US right? I know he really tried with the single with the music video with Darryl Hannah...
    I was living in New Zealand in 1998 (where I saw my first PJ show!) and remember hearing it A LOT there. I also remember it winning on some music award show (when I got back to Canada in 1999) but can't recall which one. Just did a quick search and it did "okay" in North America but it wasn't massive.
  • Options
    Other
    rummy said:
    I’m trying to decide whether I should include more choices.  So far I’ve been trying to keep the choices more mainstream.  If I had, say, 10 different choices, would that be too much?  
    You gotta go what you gotta do. Whatever the case, I like these threads.

Much like "Dreams" there certainly are a lot of songs of songs that include the word "angel" in it... 
    Angel Eyes... If God Will Send His Angels... Angel Child... Angel of the Morning...She Talks to Angels...and don't get me started on the Christmas carols!
    ... Angel of Harlem...Earth Angel...Angel in the Centerfold...Fly to the Angels (guilty pleasure of mine)....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Other
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    I’m trying to decide whether I should include more choices.  So far I’ve been trying to keep the choices more mainstream.  If I had, say, 10 different choices, would that be too much?  
    You gotta go what you gotta do. Whatever the case, I like these threads.

Much like "Dreams" there certainly are a lot of songs of songs that include the word "angel" in it... 
    Angel Eyes... If God Will Send His Angels... Angel Child... Angel of the Morning...She Talks to Angels...and don't get me started on the Christmas carols!
    ... Angel of Harlem...Earth Angel...Angel in the Centerfold...Fly to the Angels (guilty pleasure of mine)....
    Never apologize for loving Slaughter.  :)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Aerosmith
    Ha! My theory is that while I went to kindergarten everybody else on the board went straight to Harvard Law Elementary School. Did you go there F Me?
    My parents paid $500k for my admission to University of Southern California Pre-School.
    :lol:.  I knew it!!!
  • Options
    Jimi Hendrix
    Ha! My theory is that while I went to kindergarten everybody else on the board went straight to Harvard Law Elementary School. Did you go there F Me?
    My parents paid $500k for my admission to University of Southern California Pre-School.
    Did Felicity Huffman or Lori Laughlin contribute?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Other
    Nope.  Selfish ladies!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jimi Hendrix
    Nope.  Selfish ladies!
    Ugh, those two (and the many others in that shameful chain).

So are the song titles specific, as in Angel only, without "of the Morning", etc.?
  • Options
    Jimi Hendrix
    hedonist said:
    Nope.  Selfish ladies!
    Ugh, those two (and the many others in that shameful chain).

So are the song titles specific, as in Angel only, without "of the Morning", etc.?
    The titles are specific.  It’s the irony that so many bands and artists use the exact same title name.