CRB - Chris Robinson Brotherhood

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited May 2019

where do you guys hear this stuff? Let me in on your source 

Well, I knew or heard about the Alan Forbes reason for fallout. But Adam MC is news to me.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
     A few Facebook fan pages with connected people.

Can you share a link for this?

Im not on facebook but maybe I can eavesdrop

• tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    edited May 2019
    Adam is done. Neal is staying til end of July. Then he is gone. All dates after July will be cancelled(not that many).
    Post edited by tusevun on

Can you share a link for this?

Im not on facebook but maybe I can eavesdrop

Ive been following the drama on a private TMS page but here’s an image from CRB’s official page. He’s been Sven’d.

Ive looked at both fan pages.

CRBeings

&

Peace, Love & Chris Robinson

Seems to be a lot of chatter about these rumors but nothing solid confirming any of this is true.

We have a tour starting very soon.

Ive seen it that way as well from my phone, but when I visit the office page from my computer it shows the same image but Adam is in the photo on the far left

edited May 2019
    That exact picture was posted on CRB official page Monday morning. Time to end the denial bro. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and where there’s CR, there uh...more fire.

He’s destroyed every relationship he’s ever had, and more frequently as he gets older, so I don’t know why you’re finding this so hard to believe.
    Post edited by DewieCox on

Chill out Dewie

I just like to get my news directly from the horses mouth my friend. Not from a bunch of people on a message board.

Would it surprise me if this was true, not really.

They are cancelling dates. 
    tusevun said:
    They are cancelling dates. 
    Ya I saw that. Fall dates being cancelled.
    too bad. 
    Guess im a believer now 

I just like to get my news directly from the horses mouth my friend. 

Looks like you just got your news from the horse’s ass. Haha
    Hahaha
    sure seems like it

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Damnit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Earlier today, Chris Robinson Brotherhood canceled their previously announced appearance at New York’s recently reopened Webster Hall, citing “unforeseen scheduling conflicts,” and the band has now confirmed to Jambands.com that keyboardist Adam MacDougall is leaving the band.

“The CRB and Adam MacDougall have parted ways. It was a great run with Adam and we wish him the best,” a statement from the group reads. “We are looking forward to releasing our new studio album, Servants of the Sun, on June 14 and will continue to tour through the end of July. Following which, the band will take the remainder of 2019 off.”

MacDougall, who has ben with the CRB since their inception in 2011, also played with Robinson in The Black Crowes and has been a member of Phil Lesh & Friends in the past. Along with the canceled NYC show, the end-of-2019 break seems to rule out the CRB’s schedule appearance at Virginia’s LOCKN’ Festival in August.

Read more: https://jambands.com/news/2019/05/01/chris-robinson-brotherhood-part-ways-with-adam-macdougall-cancel-nyc-show/#ixzz5ml6yDEDP

^^

Thanks for posting

No mention about Neil yet. I wonder if he is done and gone after the July shows. Or they spend the remainder of 2019 figuring out the future and finding a replacement on the keys.

Just saw that Jeff, the bass player posted this ...

jeffhillbass

The rumors are true...Thanks to Chris and the band for 3 years of good times and music making. It was an honor to share the stage with these fine gentlemen... Available for Skype lessons..

Neal is done after July. Jackie Greene is rumored to fill in for Marcus King at the ATCF show upcoming. Some guy from a band I have not heard of will fill in on keys for remaining show.
    edited May 2019
    Even the break up announcement is a clusterfuck. 

What was initially rumored to be a falling out with CR and McDougall has turned from McDougall being replaced, to hiatus after we finish dates, to cancel tour and hiatus, to total dissolution in 24 hours.

Rumor was initially tied to a 2020 TBC reunion but that seemed to be just unbased assumptions. Though CR basically sent Rich a signed contract last year and was rebuffed and forced to put together As The Crow Flies. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I hope Rich sticks to Magpie, seems to be getting some traction under its wheels and it’s a great line up of musicians.
    Rich just seems so much happier on stage these last few years.  

Will always love the Crowes but hope they let it lay dormant for awhile longer at least. 
    Maybe they can release that box set of rarities and that’ll be enough of a cash grab to tide Chris over. 
    Wish them all the best, the Crowes music has been huge part of my life since I was 15.  
    crowes74 said:
    I hope Rich sticks to Magpie, seems to be getting some traction under its wheels and it’s a great line up of musicians.
    Rich just seems so much happier on stage these last few years.  

Will always love the Crowes but hope they let it lay dormant for awhile longer at least. 
    Maybe they can release that box set of rarities and that’ll be enough of a cash grab to tide Chris over. 
    Wish them all the best, the Crowes music has been huge part of my life since I was 15.  
    I hope the Crowes never reunite. It will feel fake, be fake and only happen for $. The last tour was not good at all. I have always said PJ is my favorite band of all time but imo the Crowes have better songs. I will forever cherish the shows I caught with the Marc/Ed lineup and at the time there was not a better touring band around. 
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Yeah Tusevun, I’d just soon they not get together again either.   But it is what it is.  

Imo some of those final shows the band played on the last tour weren’t that bad.  Just Not nearly « high as the moon » good.

Anyone have an idea on Neals status in the CRB ?

Adams departure is all that's come out from the band.

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

Anyone have an idea on Neals status in the CRB ?

Adams departure is all that's come out from the band.

He's still playing with the CRB, as of last weekend.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Ya, I know he's booked for the reaming couple months of shows, but there was chatter that not only Adam but Neal was done too and that being after the June/July run of shows.

such a solid guy

JamBase: Were you concerned at all that the audience wouldn’t eat it up? It’s a pretty big change in keyboards.

CR: I don’t think so. I don’t see why anyone would be — I don’t think our band is like that, you know? People see AC/DC with Axl Rose singing. I don’t know that a lot of people are going to give a fuck if it isn’t Adam on keys. If the band is good, that’s what it’s about. Everything changes. Change is inevitable. The CRB changes. We change from record to record, year to year. I’m just trying to stay the moment, and accept that it’s always going to be a little different. When you’re lucky enough to have great musicians around, and you can make a connection with people, you can be different and understand that it’s different but still should be soulful. I don’t think I would have gotten this far if that wasn’t the way I thought about it from Day One, 35-whatever years ago.

Got the new album on Vinyl and I must say it’s pretty solid. Anyone have thoughts on it?
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Got the new album on Vinyl and I must say it’s pretty solid. Anyone have thoughts on it?
    ......still waiting for my copy to arrive from Bull Moose.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Still listening to the new CRB album daily. 
    Anyone else ?