Options

2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Last thing then I wait for everyone else's comments.

I am happy for Kyle Lowry.

Long time Raptor.  Good for him.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wonder how Derozan is feeling today?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Wonder how Derozan is feeling today?
    TOO SOON!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,625

I love how he played last night.  I've been hard on him at times,  but total respect with that effort.  Gritty and dirty. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I love how he played last night.  I've been hard on him at times,  but total respect with that effort.  Gritty and dirty. 
    The whole playoffs he has been like that.  He came around with his shooting this game though.

I'd like to know how many charges he got this series?  He took a few from Draymond that were hard.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

The whole playoffs he has been like that.  He came around with his shooting this game though.

I'd like to know how many charges he got this series?  He took a few from Draymond that were hard.
    He committed too many fouls in the beginning of the series.  Didn't he foul out game one?  Or was that still Milwaukee?  But yes, his offense came around and he smartened up on defense.  
    Milwaukee must be sick right now.  They could have handled this Warriors team too.  
  • Options
    Actually I take that back.. maybe they weren't tough enough on defense.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    NBA games are almost unwatchable with all of the fouls. Especially at the very end of the game. It takes ALL of the excitement out of the air in my opinion. 
    Agree and I love basketball. I find the NBA very hard to watch. the end game is ridiculous and i hate the advancing the ball after a timeout rule.  also doesn't help that the finals end at almost midnight in the East. Agree with Adam Silver they have to start these games earlier.

and not a fan of the shit names they put on the uniforms. the town, the north, rip city. wtf is that?  i guess it's ok for a 3rd jersey but to wear that shit in the finals?  and if golden state is so proud of 'the town' why are they moving across the bay?  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    NBA games are almost unwatchable with all of the fouls. Especially at the very end of the game. It takes ALL of the excitement out of the air in my opinion. 
    Agree and I love basketball. I find the NBA very hard to watch. the end game is ridiculous and i hate the advancing the ball after a timeout rule.  also doesn't help that the finals end at almost midnight in the East. Agree with Adam Silver they have to start these games earlier.

and not a fan of the shit names they put on the uniforms. the town, the north, rip city. wtf is that?  i guess it's ok for a 3rd jersey but to wear that shit in the finals?  and if golden state is so proud of 'the town' why are they moving across the bay?  
    I think the NBA oversteered on the fouling.  There are too many touch fouls and the Warriors are the pros at drawing the soft, irrelevant foul, particularly Curry.  I like the advance rule.  I wish college had it.  I love a good buzzer beater attempt.  You'd lose so many big shots if you took away that rule.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I'll take the current jersey over these romper room specials any day...
    Image result for raptors original jersey
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Fitting that the Warriors dynasty ended (potentially) with a Draymond tech 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    That was the best thing he could have done in that situation actually.  If he doesn't call TO the game ends.  This gave them two chances though, slim and none.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    That was the best thing he could have done in that situation actually.  If he doesn't call TO the game ends.  This gave them two chances though, slim and none.
    I forgot that was a tech.  Does that mean he has to sit out the first game of the year?  That puts him at the tech limit. If so, no way the Warriors make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited June 2019
    Jason P said:
    Stupid announcer asking Kawhi about his contract on live TV at the beginning of the trophy presentation .... 
    And then asking Lowery about Derozan, and then asking Gasol about his former teammates in Memphis. It was cringeworthy. She's horrible but for some reason, she's revered as an NBA reporter/announcer. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    I forgot that was a tech.  Does that mean he has to sit out the first game of the year?  That puts him at the tech limit. If so, no way the Warriors make the playoffs.
    No. Per NBA Rule 12, Section V, Paragraph c, he won't be suspended. Suspensions count unsportsmanlike technical fouls only. Excessive timeout is considered a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Stupid announcer asking Kawhi about his contract on live TV at the beginning of the trophy presentation .... 
    And then asking Lowery about Derozan, and then asking Gasol about his former teammates in Memphis. It was cringeworthy. She's horrible but for some reason, she's revered as an NBA reporter/announcer. 
    "Kawhi, you have so much money.  What would you say to all those people struggling at home watching you living large while they live off of assistance from the government?"

"What kind of ridiculous question can I ask you when, in your most happiest time of playing, winning a championship, I can knock you and your teammates down a few notches?" 

"It would have been great if she said "Kawhi, what do you say to Popovich now?  Is he your bitch?"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    No. Per NBA Rule 12, Section V, Paragraph c, he won't be suspended. Suspensions count unsportsmanlike technical fouls only. Excessive timeout is considered a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul.
    I'm too lazy to google this to see if you are really right or just throwing out numbers, lol.

You'd have my vote of correct though!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:

I think it’s assessed to the team, but couldn’t find a quick answer on my Google machine.

Great result for GSW but so don’t want to hear anything about that being a heady play by Green. It was total desperation. Refs should’ve just ignored it, which seems to be an option by reading a few rules summaries.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:

I think it’s assessed to the team, but couldn’t find a quick answer on my Google machine.

Great result for GSW but so don’t want to hear anything about that being a heady play by Green. It was total desperation. Refs should’ve just ignored it, which seems to be an option by reading a few rules summaries.
    I am giving Green the benefit of the doubt but he most likely did a Webber and not a heads up play.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Jason P said:

Gotta have something to talk about after today. Gasol handled it best but yeah, what garbage “reporting”. Fine if somebody wants to ask in a press conference but over the PA when you’re getting your trophies....players are going to give ansafe answer and the talking dickheads are going to speculate on body language and facial expression and everything else. Just dumb.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:

They should have ignored the foul on Leonard with .9 remaining as well.  After they saw the result, swallow your whistle.  Refs do that all the time on potential 'and 1's'.  What a buzzkill that was.  
  • Options
    And boy, wasn't Danny Green relieved.  After that turnover, I was certain GS was going to score and win another miracle.  Fitting that Curry missed a pretty wide open shot. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Congrats to the Raptors.  Kawhi 2 Championships, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 different teams, 2 different conferences.  No doubt the dude can ball.  Happy for Lowry.
    It's unfortunate that KD was out and Klay went down last night, but as a result this is what happens when you actually have parity in the NBA. Margins of victory in this series: 9, 5, 14, 13, 1, 4.  That's how a Finals should be, not 30 point blowouts either way.
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    WE THE CHAMPS!!!!!
    What a magical ride!!!
    Shame on Doris Burke for trying to rain on the parade.  Expected more from a vet like her.

NORTH over Everything!!!!

• Options
    Congrats to the Raptors.  Kawhi 2 Championships, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 different teams, 2 different conferences.  No doubt the dude can ball.  Happy for Lowry.
    It's unfortunate that KD was out and Klay went down last night, but as a result this is what happens when you actually have parity in the NBA. Margins of victory in this series: 9, 5, 14, 13, 1, 4.  That's how a Finals should be, not 30 point blowouts either way.
    Agreed, and the Warriors have had their share of injury fortune.  I'm biased, but remember in 2015 the Cavs lost Love for the year in the Celtics round and Irving broke his kneecap in the finals.  I really hope Durant goes somewhere else so this era can be over and we do get back to competitive western conference and finals.  
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    I'm too lazy to google this to see if you are really right or just throwing out numbers, lol.

You'd have my vote of correct though!
    To be fair, I did see that in an article about the game.

But, I did look it up just now.

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-12-fouls-and-penalties/

Section 1 defines an excessive technical foul. The section I stated previously basically says that any technical foul not based on bad conduct is a non-unsportsmanlike technical. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Agreed, and the Warriors have had their share of injury fortune.  I'm biased, but remember in 2015 the Cavs lost Love for the year in the Celtics round and Irving broke his kneecap in the finals.  I really hope Durant goes somewhere else so this era can be over and we do get back to competitive western conference and finals.  
    Andrew Bogut breaking a foot in the first minute?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,120
    refreshing no LeBron

No GS most likely next year ( terrible reasons why).....lot of teams think they have a much better shot next year

Houston will fuck it up somehow anyway

Ill go Kawhi & Clippers vs Anthony Davis & Celtics

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Roll player.. that's quite different than Love or Irving, an all star.  It's more akin to say... Thompson.  Bogut averaged like 5 ppg that year.  And barely made the floor this playoffs. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Roll player.. that's quite different than Love or Irving, an all star.  It's more akin to say... Thompson.  Bogut averaged like 5 ppg that year.  And barely made the floor this playoffs. 
    That year though he was supposed to be a pivotal role player.

I thought the Cavs sails were let out by that one.