2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    cutz said:
    Durant posted that he had a operation for a Torn Achillies.
    Status for game 6?  Do the Warriors want him to test it out?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mrussel1 said:
    cutz said:
    Status for game 6?  Do the Warriors want him to test it out?
    TOO SOON!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Durant undergoes surgery for ruptured Achilles
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26958458/durant-undergoes-surgery-ruptured-achilles

No, he is not playing game 6 or game 7... how could he play they say typical recovery 9-12 months and maybe 24 months before he is the player he once was...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26958458/durant-undergoes-surgery-ruptured-achilles

No, he is not playing game 6 or game 7... how could he play they say typical recovery 9-12 months and maybe 24 months before he is the player he once was...
    So you're saying there's a chance?
    mrussel1 said:

I honestly do not how he could play is all I'm saying...and why would he.   Teams say they plan on pursuing him anyway.  There are teams desperate enough that they are willing to pay $40 million for the year he rehabilitates.  I never underestimate the stupidity of owners.  If Jerry Jones was an NBA owner in Dallas...KD probably ends up there...LOL.

So I have to think there are a few NBA owners like that...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Durant underwent successful ACL surgery.

Is that like when a doctor mistakenly removes the wrong (healthy) kidney? ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    cutz said:
    So does he FU to the team and not show up or does he limp his ass over there and support the team?
    I guess it depends when he gets out of the Hospital.
    There will be a game 7 in Toronto, I figure...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Poncier said:

Unless an ACL was a kidney I have no idea what the hell you are talking about...
    mrussel1 said:

SWING and a misssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Poncier said:

Unless an ACL was a kidney I have no idea what the hell you are talking about...

An ACL is not an Achilles tendon, its an anterior cruciate ligament (in the knee, not the heel)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    Knicks should still go after Durant
    I miss igotid88
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

An ACL is not an Achilles tendon, its an anterior cruciate ligament (in the knee, not the heel)
    I just realized I've been calling it the wrong damn thing...  Whoops.I know the difference to. 
    igotid88 said:
    Knicks should still go after Durant
    Nobody, and I mean nobody good is going to the Knicks.

Delusional.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Jason P said:
    Toronto fans are changing the entire perception of Canadians as nice polite people. Sorry!
    to be honest, I welcome the change in perception of canadians.  It was such bullshit anyway.  canadians like every other country in the world have very polite people and assholes.  If people want to start calling Canadians or americans as assholes based on a smalll percentage of people at a sporting event, then let them. 

To be honest, I have read all these pages of post and i have seen no one (I believe) talk about things like what boggie said after the game about how fans and also ownership doesn't see people but only entertainers.  KD imo should never had played in the game and i believe that if it was not a 3-1 game then he wouldn't have played just like Klay didn't play the 3 game when he was hurt but wanted to play
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Love that Ainge doesnt give a shit about Rich Paul’s threats. Still going after Anthony Davis
    Love that Ainge doesnt give a shit about Rich Paul’s threats. Still going after Anthony Davis
    You love that he would give up a ton for a player that-
    A-won't get them over the hump and
    B-will only have them for a year

What's not to love about it?
    Anthony Davis is NOT a game changer.

Prove me wrong, g'head.

The Celtics are back to square one.  It's amazing how the whole thing pretty much fell apart.  Their two prized pickups both busted out.  
    mrussel1 said:

The Celtics are back to square one.  It's amazing how the whole thing pretty much fell apart.  Their two prized pickups both busted out.  
    I'll repeat-

Prove me wrong, g'head.
    mrussel1 said:

I'll repeat-

Prove me wrong, g'head.
     I have no interest in arguing for Anthony Davis.  I'm just pointing out how the Celtics have fallen apart.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'll repeat-

Prove me wrong, g'head.
     I have no interest in arguing for Anthony Davis.  I'm just pointing out how the Celtics have fallen apart.
    Fair enough.

Im a Pels fan. Of course i love it.  

And he’s excellent.  Top 6 or 7.  But not an alpha.  

Im a Pels fan. Of course i love it.  

And he’s excellent.  Top 6 or 7.  But not an alpha.  
    I know why he didn't make the all-nba team now.
    He didnt make AllNBA because he pulled this diva stunt with 1.5 yrs left on his deal.  We cut him down to 20 mpg for the last three months.  Cant wait to trade his ass.  
    He didnt make AllNBA because he pulled this diva stunt with 1.5 yrs left on his deal.  We cut him down to 20 mpg for the last three months.  Cant wait to trade his ass.  
    That is one reason.  

I hope you get all you can out of the Knicks for him.

He'll be a Knick.  They are harbingers of sorrow...This type of behavior behooves them.
    Its looking like the Lakers.   
    Its looking like the Lakers.   
    Lakers aren't messy enough...yet.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

Prove me wrong, g'head.
    I used to think that AD was a top 5 players but when I look at my top players in the NBA all of them took their team to the playoffs this year.  however, while I don't think he is a game changer but I would say that he playing with lebron would make them a top team. 
    fife said:

Prove me wrong, g'head.
    I used to think that AD was a top 5 players but when I look at my top players in the NBA all of them took their team to the playoffs this year.  however, while I don't think he is a game changer but I would say that he playing with lebron would make them a top team. 
    I thought he was great too.  I hear all the time how great he is but then I look at the Pelicans record and only twice in the playoffs.

You can be great but without making your team better I don't know.

Playing w Lebron could be interesting.  Not sure how using Anthony as the pivot would go for his game though?