Options

Pearl Jam names for a cat?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    Gern Blansten said:

you can leave them alone overnight or over a weekend 
    In Sweden it is illegal to leave your cat for more than 24 hours though. 

"In 2008, the Animal Welfare Act was tightened around supervision of cats, which means that it is a requirement to look after/visit the cat at least twice a day. It is the same rules that apply to both dogs and cats."

Not a problem for me though. Except for PJ tours I guess. Haha.
    that's interesting...but I don't see how it would be necessary for cats, dogs I get for sure.
    Swedish board of Agriculture:

Care of cats
    Cats should be visited at least twice a day. This is especially important when they are trapped in apartment, other residence or in cat stalls. young, sick or injured cats should be seen more often.

If you have a cat like that to go outside you can give it food at regular times, at least 2 times a day. Then the cat learns the routine and comes home when it is lunch time. Barn cats and stable cats must also be given sufficient supervision. Cats are not herd animals in the same way as dogs but they have nevertheless, a need for social interaction. By company of other cats, Other animals or people allow you to make sure your cat gets the social contact as it needs.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,953
    Gern Blansten said:

"In 2008, the Animal Welfare Act was tightened around supervision of cats, which means that it is a requirement to look after/visit the cat at least twice a day. It is the same rules that apply to both dogs and cats."

that's interesting...but I don't see how it would be necessary for cats, dogs I get for sure.

Care of cats
    Cats should be visited at least twice a day. This is especially important when they are trapped in apartment, other residence or in cat stalls. young, sick or injured cats should be seen more often.

If you have a cat like that to go outside you can give it food at regular times, at least 2 times a day. Then the cat learns the routine and comes home when it is lunch time. Barn cats and stable cats must also be given sufficient supervision. Cats are not herd animals in the same way as dogs but they have nevertheless, a need for social interaction. By company of other cats, Other animals or people allow you to make sure your cat gets the social contact as it needs.
    Is that just for outdoor cats?  That I can understand.  My cats have always been indoor.  I'm not sure I could ever own an outdoor cat as I would be devastated if it came up missing.

I always wonder if strays that I've taken in over the years were just someone else's outdoor cat. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    Gern Blansten said:

Care of cats

Is that just for outdoor cats?  That I can understand.  My cats have always been indoor.  I'm not sure I could ever own an outdoor cat as I would be devastated if it came up missing.

I always wonder if strays that I've taken in over the years were just someone else's outdoor cat. 
    All cats. And it's preferred you have at least two.

Guinea pigs you have to have at least two, by law. It is illegal to just keep one, due to their wellbeings. 

Will start looking for a cat after Brussels.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Animal
    Jeremy
    MFC - Mother Fuckin Cat
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    edited June 2019
    Idk
    Post edited by adamg5 on
  • Options
    colors blendcolors blend Posts: 195