2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    KD went down.  Disappointed in Toronto fans for cheering him going down...
    Im not.  It's human nature. 
    Lol what?

Toronto fans are such quietly the worst fans ever. See, Bautista game 
    Because they know without Durant, the Warriors are toast, and with him,  they're practically unstoppable.  I can't blame them for cheering that KD tweaked a calf.  Im sure every one of them hoped he wouldn't play.  What's the difference? Now if they cheered when someone broke a leg or when there was a spinal injury,  that's different.  It's a calf. I guarantee you every fan at the beginning of the game hoped he would tweak it 
    Tweaked calf huh?
    Do you think there's a fan base in the NBA that would not have cheered at that specific moment? No way anyone was thinking Achilles,  I wasn't.  

I knew it was his Achilles because he wasn't holding his calf.

All this makes me wonder if it was his Achilles the whole time and not his calf.
    Have you seen the video of his calf tightening and all during that play?  Read that the force from that is what tore his achilles.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Because they know without Durant, the Warriors are toast, and with him,  they're practically unstoppable.  I can't blame them for cheering that KD tweaked a calf.  Im sure every one of them hoped he wouldn't play.  What's the difference? Now if they cheered when someone broke a leg or when there was a spinal injury,  that's different.  It's a calf. I guarantee you every fan at the beginning of the game hoped he would tweak it 
    Tweaked calf huh?
    Do you think there's a fan base in the NBA that would not have cheered at that specific moment? No way anyone was thinking Achilles,  I wasn't.  

All this makes me wonder if it was his Achilles the whole time and not his calf.
    Have you seen the video of his calf tightening and all during that play?  Read that the force from that is what tore his achilles.  
    I didn't hear/read about that but was wondering if his achilles was the problem the whole time and not really his calf?  

When it did happen he never grabbed his calf that was what threw me, he never had achilles problems just the calf but apparently the two coincide with each other.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?

I didn't hear/read about that but was wondering if his achilles was the problem the whole time and not really his calf?  

When it did happen he never grabbed his calf that was what threw me, he never had achilles problems just the calf but apparently the two coincide with each other.

What I read, this pop in the calf has enough force to rip the tendon.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    That's a crazy video.  
    So what now?  He's a free agent, correct? Does he still get max money even though one season on the contract is gone?  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?

Holy shit, that blew his tendon/achilles right out.

Next question as I will have to read up more on this, Is he done now?  Is this a career ender?
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  
    So what now?  He's a free agent, correct? Does he still get max money even though one season on the contract is gone?  
    $40 mil is a lot of dough for a lost season.  Knicks will probably pay it though.

Wonder if he waits it out to see how next season plays out before picking a team though.  Assuming he is out for the season
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?

Next question as I will have to read up more on this, Is he done now?  Is this a career ender?
    I don't think so, right?  Boogie came back. Others have too, right?
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  
    $40 mil is a lot of dough for a lost season.  Knicks will probably pay it though.

Wonder if he waits it out to see how next season plays out before picking a team though.  Assuming he is out for the season
    If he waits it out, he doesn't get paid next year, right?  Isn't he unrestricted?  
    This is really crazy because the Warriors said they weren't worried about any long term issue.  
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I was at the game last night and I can tell you that while I am not going to say that some "fans" were cheering when KD went down, where I was sitting many people saw KD fall and Ibaka going down the floor with an easy bucket.  the fans were cheering for ibaka to score and me personally i didn't realize that KD was reallly hurt.  when people did realize that KD was really hurt they started to chant his name and applauding him.  watch the replay and i think you will see that.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    fife said:
    I was at the game last night and I can tell you that while I am not going to say that some "fans" were cheering when KD went down, where I was sitting many people saw KD fall and Ibaka going down the floor with an easy bucket.  the fans were cheering for ibaka to score and me personally i didn't realize that KD was reallly hurt.  when people did realize that KD was really hurt they started to chant his name and applauding him.  watch the replay and i think you will see that.
    That's also what the news this morning is saying as well.  I also think when it looked like KG was yelling at the crowd encouraged people to run with the fans cheering.  I wondered if he was yelling at the Warriors box where the executives are, the President's of basketball for the Warriors was quite emotional and insisted no one was at fault...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    edited June 2019
    Dumbest thing I've seen in sports in a long while...you have 6 point lead and all the momentum...let's call a timeout...a momentum killer...just dumb.
    That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.  Why on earth do you call a timeout there?!?!?  They had the Warriors on the ropes and were about to finish them with the crowd going insane..  Absurd timeout.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?

I don't think so, right?  Boogie came back. Others have too, right?
    Guys do come back from it but I think it's one of those things where it just never feels the same as before the injury.
    Dumbest thing I've seen in sports in a long while...you have 6 point lead and all the momentum...let's call a timeout...a momentum killer...just dumb.
    That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.  Why on earth do you call a timeout there?!?!?  They had the Warriors on the ropes and were about to finish them with the crowd going insane..  Absurd timeout.
    while I think coach Nurse has been great these whole playoffs, that was the worst call he made.  I also didn't understand why they didn't call a time out before the last play. 
    fife said:
    That's also what the news this morning is saying as well.  I also think when it looked like KG was yelling at the crowd encouraged people to run with the fans cheering.  I wondered if he was yelling at the Warriors box where the executives are, the President's of basketball for the Warriors was quite emotional and insisted no one was at fault...

The Warrior executives will have alot of explaining for this.  While I understand that you need the win, you don't push a player to play especially after being gone for a month and really have 1 practice.  
    fife said:
    fife said:

The Warrior executives will have alot of explaining for this.  While I understand that you need the win, you don't push a player to play especially after being gone for a month and really have 1 practice.  
    Yep.  I think this will be a game changer regarding athletes protecting themselves. 
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  
    From my understanding, durant has a players option to stay which I can see him using to recover.  another reason why I don't understand why Golden state played him last night.  it apears to be a short term thinking.
    That place was rocking, if they keep playing and score again, then I have to think the Raptors are world champs...there will be a game 7 because of that call...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    fife said:
    fife said:

Agreed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  

Of course Knicks do, think Alan Houston, Amare Stoudamire, Kristaps Porzinghis...
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    fife said:

Yep.  I think this will be a game changer regarding athletes protecting themselves. 
    He was projected to sign for 40 million somewhere.  What's the odds that he signs for say 20 million in year 1 and max contract after that. I still think it would be a risk signing him...but if he returns to form he will change the team he is with...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited June 2019
    You know what, fuck it.  Fuck Toronto and fuck Drake and fuck their fans.  YOU DON'T CHEER A FUCKING INJURY, YOU DISGUSTING ASSHOLES!!!  I hope the Warriors run the fucking table on their asses now.  Humble those fucking pricks.
    You know what, fuck it.  Fuck Toronto and fuck Drake and fuck their fans.  YOU DON'T CHEER A FUCKING INJURY, YOU DISGUSTING ASSHOLES!!!  I hope the Warriors run the fucking table on their asses now.  Humble those fucking pricks.
    I'm sure your team's fans would never do such a thing in the same situation, considering no one knew the situation.  Now me, I can't think of one fan base that wouldn't do the same in a finals.  I guess maybe Philly, Boston or NY wouldn't, but everyone else would.  
    edited June 2019
    Thought long and hard...I have to go back to Pete Carrol in the SB and his QB threw a pick when they were on the brink of another SB win...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  
    From my understanding, durant has a players option to stay which I can see him using to recover.  another reason why I don't understand why Golden state played him last night.  it apears to be a short term thinking.
    That makes sense, if he has an option.  And the Warriors should pay it, based on the decision to play him last night.  
    fife said:
    while I think coach Nurse has been great these whole playoffs, that was the worst call he made.  I also didn't understand why they didn't call a time out before the last play. 
    I have yet to see the media cover that bonehead call.  I think Toronto will be hosting game 7 because of that call.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    again I was at the game and the fans were not cheering the injury.  watch the whole play and even after the play when they were chanting his name and gave him a standing ovation. 
    fife said:
    I have yet to see the media cover that bonehead call.  I think Toronto will be hosting game 7 because of that call.
    Top story on ESPN  https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26945689/nurse-late-was-give-raptors-rest
    I don't think the Warriors just said, you are playing.  Kerr said before the game they were told there is no real risk for an achilles injury.  It was definitely a collaborative decision between doctors, the team and Durant's camp. I guess the bigger issue is if the doctors had the wrong decision, but have to assume everyone knew the risks as the doctors had diagnosed it.
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  
    That makes sense, if he has an option.  And the Warriors should pay it, based on the decision to play him last night.  
    the Warriors would have no choice about paying him.  its his contract.
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a crazy video.  
    the Warriors would have no choice about paying him.  its his contract.
    I know, I mean vs if he was unrestricted.  That would be interesting if it were the case.