2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    TORONTO -- Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant will start in Monday's Game 5 of the NBA Finals against the Toronto Raptors and play in "short bursts" until they figure out how much he can contribute, coach Steve Kerr said.

Short bursts eh.. this will be interesting. 

Warriors are a 1 pt favorite right now.  
    Done
    I know people will rag on the fans for cheering,  but they're cheering for the win now.  They know the difference.  

Time for the North 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    KD went down.  Disappointed in Toronto fans for cheering him going down...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Im not.  It's human nature. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Toronto fans are such quietly the worst fans ever. See, Bautista game 
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Because they know without Durant, the Warriors are toast, and with him,  they're practically unstoppable.  I can't blame them for cheering that KD tweaked a calf.  Im sure every one of them hoped he wouldn't play.  What's the difference? Now if they cheered when someone broke a leg or when there was a spinal injury,  that's different.  It's a calf. I guarantee you every fan at the beginning of the game hoped he would tweak it 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Because they know without Durant, the Warriors are toast, and with him,  they're practically unstoppable.  I can't blame them for cheering that KD tweaked a calf.  Im sure every one of them hoped he wouldn't play.  What's the difference? Now if they cheered when someone broke a leg or when there was a spinal injury,  that's different.  It's a calf. I guarantee you every fan at the beginning of the game hoped he would tweak it 
    That is true.  I was hoping he did not play.  Was also wondering if he'd tweak.  Question answered.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Raptors are playing terribly... yet still in it. 
    mrussel1 said:
    All they need is a great five minutes and they can steal this game. It looks like they might be doing that.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    All they need is a great five minutes and they can steal this game. It looks like they might be doing that.
    Kawhi... impressive timing.  Finish it now. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Odds of making a last second three are much better when the ball doesn't hit the back of the glass.  Kawhi should have taken the shot.
    Dumbest thing I've seen in sports in a long while...you have 6 point lead and all the momentum...let's call a timeout...a momentum killer...just dumb.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Raptors should have finished this one out.
    It looks like KD is likely done for this series.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

That is true.  I was hoping he did not play.  Was also wondering if he'd tweak.  Question answered.
    Report after the game is its more then a calf  Tweak.    Achillies!!

Test to see the extent of the injury. If it turns out to be bad, he could miss next season. We shall see.  Sucks!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Congrats to Warriors..they are tough..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Report after the game is its more then a calf  Tweak.    Achillies!!

Test to see the extent of the injury. If it turns out to be bad, he could miss next season. We shall see.  Sucks!
    Wow.  That is not good...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?
    edited June 2019
    Holy shit! The knicks didn’t even have to screw this up themselves!!
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Scumbag drunks
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Dumbest thing I've seen in sports in a long while...you have 6 point lead and all the momentum...let's call a timeout...a momentum killer...just dumb.
    Thank you.
    KD has a most likely, torn Achilles.

Now the Knicks will actually get him...

Dumb timeout by the Raptors coach.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Kawhi needs to take that last shot.  Lowry ending it would have made a great story but they only needed a 2 pointer.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?
    Do you think there's a fan base in the NBA that would not have cheered at that specific moment? No way anyone was thinking Achilles,  I wasn't.  

Kawhi needs to take that last shot.  Lowry ending it would have made a great story but they only needed a 2 pointer.
    Just because you have 4 timeouts doesn't mean you have to use one.  Impressive effort by the warriors 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Lol what?

Tweaked calf huh?
    Do you think there's a fan base in the NBA that would not have cheered at that specific moment? No way anyone was thinking Achilles,  I wasn't.  

I knew it was his Achilles because he wasn't holding his calf.

All this makes me wonder if it was his Achilles the whole time and not his calf.
    mrussel1 said:

Just because you have 4 timeouts doesn't mean you have to use one.  Impressive effort by the warriors 
    Exactly.  Waste the TO, your best player is on fire, don't stop that momentum...