Trophy Hunting

1234568»

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-hunter-tess-talley-has-no-regrets-about-viral-photo-of-slain-giraffe/

What a terrible person.  It is 2019.  We aren't caveman who need to hunt to survive.  Time to evolve hunters.

I don’t trophy hunt, but I do enjoy a nice venison fajita or roast.  Not to mention, venison is one of the most plentiful and healthiest types of protein in my area.  
    May have to try some of these recipes as well:
    http://osa.outdoorchannel.com/article.aspx?id=35296&articletype=article&key=10-most-popular-venison-recipes

lol funny bootlegger is pointing out how vile this chick is and you post venison recipes , and that you dont trophy hunt ...
    Well, that was the point...funny.  Lol. And he eluded to hunters being vile.  If you had any kind of reading comprehension, you may have seen that as well.  I think it is funny that people think all hunters are “vile”.  Lol
    Yeah sure , you could of just debated the point instead you post recipes I’m on the side of hunting for survival and eating healthier too but I’m not going to strap a rifle and go out to hunt deer , so I ask is the chick a vile human? 
    I don’t know her personally, and think trophy hunting is a bit morbid, but I don’t know that I’d considered her “vile” in the same way I do rapists, heroin dealers, or murderers.  If she shot it and left it to rot that would be a bit vile, but what happened to the meat?  Did she have proper permits?  Did she break any laws?  I do not consider her any more vile than someone that chooses to abort a baby whose pregnancy is not causing some life or death situation.  I believe that they should have the choice, as “vile” as I feel that choice may be.  Everyone has their measures...
    All fair points and I agree with most of’em except I consider the act of killing any species that might go instinct because of such act I find it to be vile ..

They are going extinct anyways...and it's not the fault of legal hunting...poaching, loss of habitat, poor government decision ... try all you want, but eventually, we may go extinct...

So you'll be okay with hunting humans when they are on the road to extinction?  

This woman did not kill to provide meat to a hungry village, or help the animal because of overpopulation or something, she killed the giraffe because she enjoyed it.  I watched her interview on the CBS morning show.  She repeats it over and over, she killed this majestic creature because she enjoys it.  Rapists, murders, pedos, child abusers….and then you get to people like this woman. 

I'm am not referring specifically to what she did.  I do know that in many cases the meat goes to local villages at no charge.  I was referring to this comment: "It is 2019.  We aren't caveman who need to hunt to survive".   Once again you can enjoy your government meat as I do, hunting is far more humane than a slaughterhouse...if you are opposed to hunting, are a vegan, vegetarian?

She said she enjoyed the taste...so that indicates the meat was being consumed...likely with the locals.

She said she enjoys the hunt.  Plenty of great food options available that don't require $$$ and traveling to Africa to shoot a giraffe. 

I'm not against all hunting but definitely against trophy hunting.  You want to go hunt deer, great.  Duck, have at it.  Geese on golf courses, I will pay you to shoot them.   Hunt an elephant, no.  Hunt a lion, no.   

I'd be hypocrite if I said hunting was wrong and yet I still eat burgers every chance I get.   I don't understand it though.  I'll admit I'm also not a big fan of guns and millions of guns exist purely for hunters to do something that isn't necessary anymore.  

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-hunter-tess-talley-has-no-regrets-about-viral-photo-of-slain-giraffe/

What a terrible person.  It is 2019.  We aren't caveman who need to hunt to survive.  Time to evolve hunters.

I don’t trophy hunt, but I do enjoy a nice venison fajita or roast.  Not to mention, venison is one of the most plentiful and healthiest types of protein in my area.  
    http://osa.outdoorchannel.com/article.aspx?id=35296&articletype=article&key=10-most-popular-venison-recipes

lol funny bootlegger is pointing out how vile this chick is and you post venison recipes , and that you dont trophy hunt ...
    Well, that was the point...funny.  Lol. And he eluded to hunters being vile.  If you had any kind of reading comprehension, you may have seen that as well.  I think it is funny that people think all hunters are “vile”.  Lol
    Yeah sure , you could of just debated the point instead you post recipes I’m on the side of hunting for survival and eating healthier too but I’m not going to strap a rifle and go out to hunt deer , so I ask is the chick a vile human? 
    I don’t know her personally, and think trophy hunting is a bit morbid, but I don’t know that I’d considered her “vile” in the same way I do rapists, heroin dealers, or murderers.  If she shot it and left it to rot that would be a bit vile, but what happened to the meat?  Did she have proper permits?  Did she break any laws?  I do not consider her any more vile than someone that chooses to abort a baby whose pregnancy is not causing some life or death situation.  I believe that they should have the choice, as “vile” as I feel that choice may be.  Everyone has their measures...
    All fair points and I agree with most of’em except I consider the act of killing any species that might go instinct because of such act I find it to be vile ..

They are going extinct anyways...and it's not the fault of legal hunting...poaching, loss of habitat, poor government decision ... try all you want, but eventually, we may go extinct...

This woman did not kill to provide meat to a hungry village, or help the animal because of overpopulation or something, she killed the giraffe because she enjoyed it.  I watched her interview on the CBS morning show.  She repeats it over and over, she killed this majestic creature because she enjoys it.  Rapists, murders, pedos, child abusers….and then you get to people like this woman. 

I'm am not referring specifically to what she did.  I do know that in many cases the meat goes to local villages at no charge.  I was referring to this comment: "It is 2019.  We aren't caveman who need to hunt to survive".   Once again you can enjoy your government meat as I do, hunting is far more humane than a slaughterhouse...if you are opposed to hunting, are a vegan, vegetarian?

She said she enjoyed the taste...so that indicates the meat was being consumed...likely with the locals.

She said she enjoys the hunt.  Plenty of great food options available that don't require $$$ and traveling to Africa to shoot a giraffe. 

I'm not against all hunting but definitely against trophy hunting.  You want to go hunt deer, great.  Duck, have at it.  Geese on golf courses, I will pay you to shoot them.   Hunt an elephant, no.  Hunt a lion, no.   

I'd be hypocrite if I said hunting was wrong and yet I still eat burgers every chance I get.   I don't understand it though.  I'll admit I'm also not a big fan of guns and millions of guns exist purely for hunters to do something that isn't necessary anymore.  

Evidently they are important if you like golfing, lol. :)
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well, that's up to those African countries to set up the rules and police them.  Why is hunting not necessary?  Just because it is something you do not do, does not make it unnecessary.  Sure they could buy government meat, but they prefer healthier meat...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Glad we could find a middle ground there Jose :)
    Yes no doubt !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    I’m from Montana, people shoot bears and eat them. They make good sausage, not much else though. Good sportsmen never waste meat, that’s what criminals do. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    KN219077 said:
    I’m from Montana, people shoot bears and eat them. They make good sausage, not much else though. Good sportsmen never waste meat, that’s what criminals do. 
    How about burgers I was in Maine on rafting trip and someone was grilling bear meat burgers ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Canada allows trophy hunting as well ...

There are guidelines and rules to follow after harvesting the animal, but you are free to take it to taxidermist and have them mount the animal.  
    Yah they do. And it's a morbid practice in my opinion.
    Del, explain  Canadian trophy hunting to me.  I have an image in my head but I don’t think it is right. Are we talking about “hunting preserves” where you can shoot exotic animals?

Maybe the question is only for TBU, but if not, no, it isn't hunting preserves and it isn't what I would call exotics. It's hunting for grizzly (now banned in BC but up until recently available), or moose, black bear, mountain goat and the like, out in natural habitat. 
    Oh so bigger animals in your eyes?i m surprised moose, black bear and mountain goats made your list.    Why the ban on grizzlies? Declining numbers?  
    Bigger animals? Well, yes; you don't see too many trophy moles. 
    LMAO. I know this comment is a year old, but still LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited October 2019
    Oh please...karma has nothing to do with this.  If he was poaching or hunting illegally, then yes maybe.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Terrible reaction.  be better than this.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    Yours. Karma for hunting a deer is being killed?   A poacher sure but a guy legally hunting deer?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    Yours. Karma for hunting a deer is being killed?   A poacher sure but a guy legally hunting deer?

I agree this is karma.  Just because something is legal doesn't make it right.  
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    The only way this would be fair is if the deer was able to shoot or if the hunter killed the deer with his bare hands.  
    edited October 2019
    The only way this would be fair is if the deer was able to shoot or if the hunter killed the deer with his bare hands.  
    Meh, the deer would not taste as good if you got all of blood and adrenaline flowing by trying to take it down with your bare hands (and that would probably be illegal, btw). A quick kill with a rifle is the most fair to the animal in my opinion...no need to make the deer suffer.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    I wouldn't call it karma personally, but justifiable homicide on the part of the deer. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    I wouldn't call it karma personally, but justifiable homicide on the part of the deer. 
    Stand your ground
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    Same here. The hunter is trying to murder the deer, so when this happens, I totally respond to it the same as I do when I read an article about someone who killed someone in self defense. Basically, with a "good for you, animal." ...... Of course, when I read an article about someone being attacked and mauled by a bear or something, and the victim kills the bear while fighting for their life, same thing. "Good for you, human."
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    Same here. The hunter is trying to murder the deer, so when this happens, I totally respond to it the same as I do when I read an article about someone who killed someone in self defense. Basically, with a "good for you, animal." ...... Of course, when I read an article about someone being attacked and mauled by a bear or something, and the victim kills the bear while fighting for their life, same thing. "Good for you, human."
    I can get on page with this viewpoint better than a “karma” one.  I don’t know that I would praise the deer or anything, but realize that it is a living creature that will fight for its life same as a human would.  That being said, I do feel bad for the man’s family and their loss...cannot say I would do the same for a deer.  Most hunters realize that a deer that has been shot could still be dangerous and to approach with caution.  Basic hunter’s education stuff...
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    I can get on page with this viewpoint better than a “karma” one.  I don’t know that I would praise the deer or anything, but realize that it is a living creature that will fight for its life same as a human would.  That being said, I do feel bad for the man’s family and their loss...cannot say I would do the same for a deer.  Most hunters realize that a deer that has been shot could still be dangerous and to approach with caution.  Basic hunter’s education stuff...
    yes, I have friends who hunt. it would be devastating, and I wouldn't be happy about it or call it karma just because I disagree with the practice. 

mind you, my friends don't trophy hunt. they use what they kill for food. which I'm largely ok with. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My reaction?
    Or the deers?
    yes, I have friends who hunt. it would be devastating, and I wouldn't be happy about it or call it karma just because I disagree with the practice. 

mind you, my friends don't trophy hunt. they use what they kill for food. which I'm largely ok with. 
    Exactly