The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah I think I've come to the decision that Maine Beer is my hands down #1 brewery.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Yeah I think I've come to the decision that Maine Beer is my hands down #1 brewery.
    I hear great things. Wish I could get my hands on it. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

#FHP
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Ever been to Bissell Brothers Brewing? How do they compare? I’m gonna be up there in late June and will probably hit up both breweries. Heard really good things about Bissell Bros.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

#FHP
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722

The handful of beers I've had from them have all been great.  Lunch is a great beer.  Really want to try Dinner by them but that's just about impossible to find around here being so far away...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Horos said:

I like the name of this.
    Kicking off Eugene Beer Week with this event today.

http://thebierstein.com/events/
    #FHP

#FHP
    Lot of good beers yesterday at the Bier Stein Invitational. The great part about this festival is all the beers are special runs. One that stood out the most is from one of my favorite breweries, Boneyard, Mr Centaur Quad a 13% IPA that was rather smooth and easy to drink.
    #FHP
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    edited June 2019
    Pale ale, munich, coffee, crystal, chocolate malts

porter septem
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2019
    This weekends options...

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
    This weekends options...

Put those Parabolas on a shelf for a year at least.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

How was that Dogfish one?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    This weekends options...

Put those Parabolas on a shelf for a year at least.
    Bought 2 of each
    What is everyone's favorite New England style IPA?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Speaking of New England IPAs:

It was decent.  Inspired by the Flaming Lips.  I haven’t hadn’t a bad Dogfishead beer yet.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Looks f'n delicious! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

It was decent.  Inspired by the Flaming Lips.  I haven’t hadn’t a bad Dogfishead beer yet.

You haven't tried enough of them yet, lol.

You haven't tried enough of them yet, lol.
    Ha, I'm sure they don't distribute all of their beer from NE over to Wisconsin. :)

Looks f'n delicious! 
    Is it just me, or there a lot of these "juicy" IPAs popping up from a lot of breweries right now?  Maybe I never noticed it in the past.

Looks f'n delicious! 
    Is it just me, or there a lot of these "juicy" IPAs popping up from a lot of breweries right now?  Maybe I never noticed it in the past.
    They’re delicious. Becoming more and more popular
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Juicy, hazy, new england, blah blah blah.  I am convinced at this point that brewers aren't even making new beer.  They're just recycling old recipes & rebranding with new names, bottles, & cans to fit current trends.  It's all the checklisters' faults.
    Juicy, hazy, new england, blah blah blah.  I am convinced at this point that brewers aren't even making new beer.  They're just recycling old recipes & rebranding with new names, bottles, & cans to fit current trends.  It's all the checklisters' faults.
    You aren't too far off.  To make it now you have to keep on making something new, lol!
    You aren't too far off.  To make it now you have to keep on making something new, lol!
    No kidding.  It does get to be pretty redundant when you do beer flights at breweries.  Pilsner, Porter, Pale, India Pale, Amber, Stout.  Not a lot of difference sometimes, so more seem to be going outside of the box.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Literally every week in the case of Chicago’s most “it” brewery right now; Hop Butcher. Throw some new artwork on the can, blow out social media to hype it and BOOM...everyone is mind blown!  Don’t get me wrong. Their beer is a notch above the rest.  But if I was blind-folded for a tasting of their last several DIPAs, I’d have a tough time differentiating between them. They’re all good!

In regards to everything being “juicy,” I’m personally getting a little tired of it.  I like it. Just not every single time. 
    bbiggs said:
    Literally every week in the case of Chicago’s most “it” brewery right now; Hop Butcher. Throw some new artwork on the can, blow out social media to hype it and BOOM...everyone is mind blown!  Don’t get me wrong. Their beer is a notch above the rest.  But if I was blind-folded for a tasting of their last several DIPAs, I’d have a tough time differentiating between them. They’re all good!

In regards to everything being “juicy,” I’m personally getting a little tired of it.  I like it. Just not every single time. 
    Beer has plateaued.

It's nice that we get to drink good beer now and there is also a reason why Belgium has the best beer in the world and still does recipes that are hundreds of years old.
    bbiggs said:

Beer has plateaued.

It's nice that we get to drink good beer now and there is also a reason why Belgium has the best beer in the world and still does recipes that are hundreds of years old.
    One of the best beers I've ever had was a porter/barleywine from a former monastery in Prague.  I'm pretty sure that recipe didn't change much over all of those years.