2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    I hope Kawhi stays.....makes the Western Conference less dangerous.  
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,645
    Kawhi has been amazing all year. I think he stays now after this deep playoff run.  The entire country is jacked up right now!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,413
    Wow,

The Raptors team came up Big!

I don't give them a chance against GS but you never know.  They made some serious adjustments against the Bucks.

Giannis played as good as he could but I'm sure he realizes that he can carry the team only so far.  The off season will be interesting for him and the Bucks.

Kawhi trade looks even more incredible now for the Raptors.  I liked the trade from the get go for them, now I wonder if he stays with the team?  I think he does no matter the outcome of the finals.

Toronto played great together, I would LOVE to see them take down Goliath.
    Yes, the Raptors came up big. To beat the Bucks 4 in a row is impressive.

If KD & Cousins only miss a game or 2, i don't give them much of a chance either.  But, if they miss more? We shall see.

I don't know why but i think Leonard is gone regardless if they win or not.  Who does really know? No one is my guess. Hell, Leonard himself probably doesn't know>LOL
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956
    cutz said:
    Wow,

I don't give them a chance against GS but you never know.  They made some serious adjustments against the Bucks.

Giannis played as good as he could but I'm sure he realizes that he can carry the team only so far.  The off season will be interesting for him and the Bucks.

Kawhi trade looks even more incredible now for the Raptors.  I liked the trade from the get go for them, now I wonder if he stays with the team?  I think he does no matter the outcome of the finals.

If KD & Cousins only miss a game or 2, i don't give them much of a chance either.  But, if they miss more? We shall see.

I don't know why but i think Leonard is gone regardless if they win or not.  Who does really know? No one is my guess. Hell, Leonard himself probably doesn't know>LOL
    I hear rumors of Kawhi and KD for the clippers.  Wouldn't that be a lick in the dick?
    cutz said:
    Wow,

I hear rumors of Kawhi and KD for the clippers.  Wouldn't that be a lick in the dick?
    Yes, that would. 

You know we're gonna hear all kind of rumors.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    23scidoo said:
    Congrats to Raptors and big respect to Leonard..
    Great series Alex, the way game6 started, I thought there was going to be a game7. But Kawhi just put the team on his back in the 4th.
    Was great comrodery for our country, my neighbors and I put a tv out in backyard and we all watched the game around a campfire, was a great time
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Congrats to Raptors and big respect to Leonard..
    Great series Alex, the way game6 started, I thought there was going to be a game7. But Kawhi just put the team on his back in the 4th.
    Was great comrodery for our country, my neighbors and I put a tv out in backyard and we all watched the game around a campfire, was a great time
    Your team was better..good luck to the finals..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Thoughts?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1777043

Silver considering soccer-inspired midseason tournament
    3h ago
    Streeter Lecka / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA - FEBRUARY 16 Adam Silver NBA Commissioner talks to the media during the NBA All Star Commissioners Media Availability as part of the 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend at Spectrum Center on February 16 2019 in Charlotte North Carolina
    Presented by

NBA commissioner Adam Silver wants to give teams another trophy to play for during the season and has been looking to European soccer leagues for inspiration.

Though he warned the ideas are still "in the conceptual phase," Silver told Marc Stein of the New York Times that the league is looking at two types of potential tournaments. One would culminate in a Final Four during All-Star weekend, while the other would take place at the end of the season, providing teams on the outside with a second chance at making the playoffs.

"It's incumbent on me to constantly be looking at other organizations and seeing what it is we can do better and learn from them," Silver said. "In the case of European soccer, I think there is something we can learn from them.

"I also recognize I'm up against some of the traditionalists who say no one will care about that other competition, that other trophy, you create. And my response to that is, 'Organizations have the ability to create new traditions.' It won’t happen overnight."

In soccer leagues around the world, clubs compete simultaneously in their domestic competition and cup tournaments. In England, for example, being crowned Premier League champion is the highest goal, though teams will also compete in the FA Cup, a historic trophy with roots in the 1800s. Some countries, including England, also have a League Cup to play for; it's generally regarded as a lower priority by the bigger clubs, which affords smaller teams a greater opportunity to succeed.

Silver has previously discussed the possibility of a new in-season tournament, though the league's current 82-game regular-season schedule poses a roadblock. In order to alter the calendar, Silver would need the NBA and the players' union to agree to any changes, which could necessitate lengthy negotiations.

Still, the 57-year-old says he hopes to shake up the traditional blueprint as soon as the 2021-22 campaign - the NBA's 75th season.

"I'm looking at things from a fan standpoint," Silver said. "I'm looking at how to create the most exciting season and experience, especially in a rapidly changing media market where fans are in essence voting every day whether they want to watch your product.

"Another marker for me is that we're a few seasons away from our 75th anniversary. I think that milestone gives us a pillar around which to think about the history of the league and experiment - maybe just for the 75th anniversary - with some potential changes."

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    edited May 2019
    I guess I would be a traditionalist, because I don't much care for that idea. Also, good luck getting the players' union to sign off on it. Without a lot of extra compensation, there's no benefit to the players adding more games to their season.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Sorry Commissioner Smeagol, not gonna happen, but I do like that you are presented by Trojan.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'd rather all sports did away with all-star games and just gave the players a mid-season break...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I'd rather all sports did away with all-star games and just gave the players a mid-season break...
    You mean you don't like basketball games pushing close to 200 points and no defense? Yeah, me too.

I use to like the baseball all-star game before they tried to attach extra significance to the game.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad MLB dropped that stupid fucking World Series home advantage from the All-Star Game.
    All-Star Games are pointless these days. Baseball is the only one where actually playing the game can be competitive.  All the others are just circus events with no defense.  And in every sport, some of the players everyone wants to see won't even play bc they don't want to risk injury.
    You mean you don't like basketball games pushing close to 200 points and no defense? Yeah, me too.

I use to like the baseball all-star game before they tried to attach extra significance to the game.
    I agree baseball used to have the best all-star game.  Hockey, Basketball and the NFL should just pack it in...but they must make money.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad MLB dropped that stupid fucking World Series home advantage from the All-Star Game.
    All-Star Games are pointless these days. Baseball is the only one where actually playing the game can be competitive.  All the others are just circus events with no defense.  And in every sport, some of the players everyone wants to see won't even play bc they don't want to risk injury.
    I didn't realize MLB dropped that advantage. Geez, I'm out of the loop. Glad they did that though.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Fun time to be a Pelicans fan.  Zion in the wings and we can trade AD for a monster haul.  
    LOL>That is a good one.

It does feel like it's been a long time since the last game was played.
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

What series was it that a team swept another and had to sit for like 10 days until the next series and then got crushed?  Was that in Baseball or basketball?
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

What series was it that a team swept another and had to sit for like 10 days until the next series and then got crushed?  Was that in Baseball or basketball?
    I want to say that was baseball. I know the Colorado Rockies had to wait to play the WS for at least a week in 2007. May have been longer.
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

2003 Mighty Ducks, never mind...
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

I want to say that was baseball. I know the Colorado Rockies had to wait to play the WS for at least a week in 2007. May have been longer.
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

Mighty Ducks.  That was the series.  They were on fire then went ice cold and lost 4 straight.
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

Mighty Ducks.  That was the series.  They were on fire then went ice cold and lost 4 straight.
    So did the Rockies
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

cutz said:
    LOL>That is a good one.

So did the Rockies
    Wasn't that team kind of a fluke,  if I remember? They were a wc, had a middling regular season then got super hot the last month.  In baseball, your average always comes back to bite you. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Illegal picks are so bad with almost every GSW play, Draymond specifically, and none of them are getting called. 
    Great win for the Raptors. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    It won't be easy for the GS..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Siakm played amazing.  His elevated play will be huge going forward.

Lowry taking those charges.

Gasol D'd up nice.

All these things made for a win considering Kawhi and Lowry weren't their usual selves and Curry had a very off night.

Where was the third quarter onslaught from GS that we usually see?

Keep it up Toronto!!!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Siakm played amazing.  His elevated play will be huge going forward.

Lowry taking those charges.

Gasol D'd up nice.

All these things made for a win considering Kawhi and Lowry weren't their usual selves and Curry had a very off night.

Where was the third quarter onslaught from GS that we usually see?

Keep it up Toronto!!!
    How bad was Lowry?  My God.  They need points from him because you can't count on that type of production from Gasol every night.  He disappears on the offensive end.  And you can't expect Siakm to hit 14 in a row either.  
    Great win though.  It really stifling, even with Boogie back.  I was impressed.