2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    My biggest problem with GS is the fact that they fired a 51-win coach, and the fact that no one gives him credit.  He built that team.  With Mark Jackson, the team played a little more post and had a fat Draymond Green. Other than that, everything was the same offensively and they were already a top defensive team.  Kerr gets all the glory though.
    You may not have paid attention the first two years or so when Kerr first started coaching?  When interviewed about the success of the team Kerr was always quick to point out Mark Jackson and what a great job he did for the organization. 

So after a few years that does wear off.

Walton coaching the team when Kerr was out.  That was a joke giving him any credit though...  Glad Chauncy Billups commented about that the other night too.
    Let's talk last night.

Drake, please sit down. Please, sit down.

Kawhi is not hurt.  If he makes it into the finals I hope he'll be effective and realize that he needs to play through the discomfort and it's still part of the healing process on his knee(so other insiders say).

Bucks shot like shit and Raptors shot the lights out.  Raptors need to keep playing like this if they want to make it to the finals or are they really just getting warmed up?

Raptors bench was insane last night.

The triple teaming on Giannis is working, not so much on Kawhi.
    pjhawks said:
    GS to the finals, ho hum.

No Durant, ho hum.

Let's go Kawhi!
    5 straight finals . first team since the Celts in the '60s. that's pretty darn impressive.  even Michael and LeBron couldn't do that although Michael probably would have if not for his * cough cough * sabbatical.
    A team didn't do it but Team Lebron did it 8 times so that speaks volumes of him.

I didn't mean it as boring ho hum but as in, yeah we knew this was coming.

I enjoy watching the Warriors play.

Agreed about Michael too.
    Too bad he only won three of those times. 
    Tempo is pretty much spot on.  Mavs and Spurs he could have won but IMO nobody in history is beating those other Golden State squads. 
    The cramp series I still think is a travesty.  So much went wrong for that team...
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck you Drake
    Looks like we have a series. Big win last night, great game and shut the Freak down again! And yes Fuck You Drake. What a clown he is, so embarrassing 
    Giannis and Middleton was so alone last night..with a little help from bench, will be ok..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    My biggest problem with GS is the fact that they fired a 51-win coach, and the fact that no one gives him credit.  He built that team.  With Mark Jackson, the team played a little more post and had a fat Draymond Green. Other than that, everything was the same offensively and they were already a top defensive team.  Kerr gets all the glory though.
    You may not have paid attention the first two years or so when Kerr first started coaching?  When interviewed about the success of the team Kerr was always quick to point out Mark Jackson and what a great job he did for the organization. 

Walton coaching the team when Kerr was out.  That was a joke giving him any credit though...  Glad Chauncy Billups commented about that the other night too.
    I do remember that, and it's cool of Kerr to acknowledge that, but you're right it probably has worn off by now
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

I do remember that, and it's cool of Kerr to acknowledge that, but you're right it probably has worn off by now
    It's not easy to keep a good team going if you're not a good coach.  Ask Barry Switzer about that.  Or Tommy Bowden.  
    mrussel1 said:

It's not easy to keep a good team going if you're not a good coach.  Ask Barry Switzer about that.  Or Tommy Bowden.  
    Ha!  Switzer.  That was all Jerry Jones' fault!

Agree 100% too.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck you Drake
    Looks like we have a series. Big win last night, great game and shut the Freak down again! And yes Fuck You Drake. What a clown he is, so embarrassing 
    Embarrassing is the word. Is he employed by the Raptors? 
    cutz said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck you Drake
    He has been a huge supporter of the Raptors ever since I can remember.

Acting like an idiot though will only piss off the Bucks.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    cutz said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck you Drake
    He has been a huge supporter of the Raptors ever since I can remember.

Acting like an idiot though will only piss off the Bucks.
    Don't think he is employed by Raptos, just like tempo said, long time supporter. I think it would be more entertaining to watch him get throw out by security 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    cutz said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck you Drake
    I remember reading an article in the past that he is the Raptors' "ambassador" whatever than means. Like he was actually given that title by the team. I believe his company is also partners with the Raptors. Still not on their payroll, though. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Klay not making the All NBA team cost him $30 million
    I miss igotid88
    Well now.

Let's talk after game 6.
    edited May 2019
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    We will chat Saturday.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    igotid88 said:
    I'm just going to rank the three insane things this brings to mind....

1) The fact that Thompson didn't make an all-NBA team. 
    2) The fact that making an all-NBA team could net a $31 million dollar bonus. 
    3) The fact that someone would be contractually obligated to pay (or be paid) $31 million dollars based on votes by guys like Bill Simmons. Nothing against Simmons. I like his podcast. But he's a total fan and votes like one. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    igotid88 said:

Its not actually a bonus.
    Its that he could now sign for more if he had made the all NBA team under the collective bargaining agreement, ne could get a "super max" contract instead of a max contract.
    $221 Million instead of $190 Million
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:

Its that he could now sign for more if he had made the all NBA team under the collective bargaining agreement, ne could get a "super max" contract instead of a max contract.
    Thanks for the clarification. That's still pretty dumb though that something as arbitrary as how a bunch of writers vote could affect a player's earning potential like that. He won't exactly be starving with "only" $190 million...but still. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:

Jokic first team?  He's good but c'mon.

PG had a killer first half but fell off the second half so he should have been 2nd team.

No Klay or Draymond, Beal, AD?

I would have seriously voted the whole Warriors team on.
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:

Thanks for the clarification. That's still pretty dumb though that something as arbitrary as how a bunch of writers vote could affect a player's earning potential like that. He won't exactly be starving with "only" $190 million...but still. 
    The receiver Michael Crabtree held out on his contract because ESPN had him as the 8th pick in the draft but was picked 10th and he wanted 8th pick money.

He got it.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    23scidoo said:
    Raptors are firing on all pistons right now. The bench is getting back to where it was all season long and gotta say Lowry is playing lights out right now. The Freak better bring it if he wants this to go back to Milwaukee :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Raptors are firing on all pistons right now. The bench is getting back to where it was all season long and gotta say Lowry is playing lights out right now. The Freak better bring it if he wants this to go back to Milwaukee :)
    Freak is not the problem Shannon..the others are..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    If the Raps win tonight they will be headed to the NBA Finals!!!

If anyone has any connections to tickets, please let me know.  I am planning on flying to Toronto from Calgary if I can get some tickets.  
    Good so far..
    Goooooo Bucks!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Big W tonight!

Seriously though, I am looking for tix to games 1 and 2 of the NBA finals.  Will pay cash or trade for items such as Lost Dogs vinyl, Eddie Vedder Pike Place, Edmonton Chief, Missoula 2018 poster, etc.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    May 30th said:
    Big W tonight!

Seriously though, I am looking for tix to games 1 and 2 of the NBA finals.  Will pay cash or trade for items such as Lost Dogs vinyl, Eddie Vedder Pike Place, Edmonton Chief, Missoula 2018 poster, etc.
    Good luck with your ticket search.  The Raptors were impressive after those first 2 games...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Congrats to Raptors and big respect to Leonard..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Wow,

The Raptors team came up Big!

I don't give them a chance against GS but you never know.  They made some serious adjustments against the Bucks.

Giannis played as good as he could but I'm sure he realizes that he can carry the team only so far.  The off season will be interesting for him and the Bucks.

Kawhi trade looks even more incredible now for the Raptors.  I liked the trade from the get go for them, now I wonder if he stays with the team?  I think he does no matter the outcome of the finals.

Toronto played great together, I would LOVE to see them take down Goliath.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    go Toronto!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD