The Headstones

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm going to buy 2 tickets and if I can't make it I'll sell them for face. 
    Good idea! You should try and make it!
    we shall see. don't know if I can drive that far on my own. I sent an email to my wife about it, but don't expect a positive response. :lol:
    Dude, check out the flights from Winnipeg to Kingston. They're not very expensive! Less than $300 return (and some even better deals if you find them). :) EDIT: oh sorry, I take it back. My quick search defaulted me to Vancouver to Winnipeg - wow, cheap, lol. But Winnipeg to Kingston is fucking insane. I mean, WTF?? Am I seeing that right? I can find cheaper ticket deals from Vancouver to Europe than it costs to fly from Winnipeg to Kingston?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
    you looking up kingston jamaica? LOL
    It is possible that's what happened. :lol:
    Looks like you're looking at what? Like $500-range flights? I would say that's totally worth it, but I don't know how tight money is for you.
    depends which one of us you are talking to. LOL

it would probably cost more to drive, honestly, with gas, hotels, meals, etc. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    we shall see. don't know if I can drive that far on my own. I sent an email to my wife about it, but don't expect a positive response. :lol:
    Dude, check out the flights from Winnipeg to Kingston. They're not very expensive! Less than $300 return (and some even better deals if you find them). :) EDIT: oh sorry, I take it back. My quick search defaulted me to Vancouver to Winnipeg - wow, cheap, lol. But Winnipeg to Kingston is fucking insane. I mean, WTF?? Am I seeing that right? I can find cheaper ticket deals from Vancouver to Europe than it costs to fly from Winnipeg to Kingston?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
    Looks like you're looking at what? Like $500-range flights? I would say that's totally worth it, but I don't know how tight money is for you.

HA!
    For sure, $500+ to save 48 hours of driving (and gas and food etc) seems like a no-brainer to me!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

HA!
    For sure, $500+ to save 48 hours of driving (and gas and food etc) seems like a no-brainer to me!
    the hotel prices are insane during that weekend though, most likely because of this. many are offering packages, but the prices are based on minimum two night stay, and they are super inflated. we shall see what Mrs HFD says. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

might just have to sell some of my less-than-wanted PJ stuff to help fund this. "SACRILEGE!" they'll all scream! SACRILEGE!!!!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Kingston might have a small landstrip. Not exactly an airport. LOL. So costs will be high.

Having said that ...

I love that poster. If I go to this show, I'm getting this framed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

It is very badass.

also, I did notice Paul as one of the Correction Guards at the top before it was said that the Hip guys were going to be there.

it would be amazing if Headstones came out in orange jumpsuits with their logo on them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hotel booked. two friends going as well. hope I can get a ticket. wife is out. SINGLE DUDE ROAD TRIP
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    hotel booked. two friends going as well. hope I can get a ticket. wife is out. SINGLE DUDE ROAD TRIP
    :clap:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Bravo 👏
    guy road trips are grand 
    mine is only 40 mins but fan enough from home that we will need a couple hotel rooms and that means party.
    unfortunately the majority of my road trip will be solo, unless i can convince any of my friends, the majority of whom won't even go to local concerts anymore, to drive 48 hours to see a band they can see here once a year. 

haha, not likely. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Did you end up getting tix?
    my buddy struck out. Said they sold out in a minute. 
    Guess we aren’t going. 
    tix were gone in seconds. both me and my buddy struck out. shitty. i may have to send hugh a message begging him to put us on the list. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

well haha...
    Good luck sir. I don’t think I’ll be going for secondary market tix. Too bad because the venue is just too cool.
    well haha...
    Good luck sir. I don’t think I’ll be going for secondary market tix. Too bad because the venue is just too cool.
    I bet it sold out that quick because of the Hip guys being there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ya that would be part of it. 
    I’m sure a lot of tickets were held back for friends/family and local businesses too.
    I don’t image the online sale really Had that many available to begin with.
    the sponsorship sales were a separate sale. but yes, friends and family, with both headstones and the hip being from there, the list would be large. but i wonder if they took that into account when they decided 2500 tickets to the general public? also, is there any way for ticketmaster to "favour" local buyers over buyers a province over? it would make sense that they'd like locals to be there. 

I'm going to keep randomly checking to see if they release any more closer to the show. I can cancel my hotel room up to and including the day of the show. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Speaking from past experience and the last Tragically Hip tour ...

My Wife's Uncle works for the house of blues and is a head organizer for Most shows in the surrounding area.

So he was the ONLY reason I was able to score tickets for the Hips Ottawa show.

I asked if We could get some for the Kingston show too but he said the reserved block of seats that he gets were all taken up by friends/family of the HiP (including Jim Cuddy).

I know this is a totally different set of events, but it also involves numerous groups playing the Kingston Pen too.

Im sure the Trews have an allotment of Friends/family as well as the others bands.

Who knows

Hey @HughFreakingDillon
    do you have this mag? Or any interest in it?
    ill mail it to you if you want. 
    Doing some spring cleaning and found it. Thought you might like it. PM me if you want

Hey @HughFreakingDillon
    do you have this mag? Or any interest in it?
    ill mail it to you if you want. 
    Doing some spring cleaning and found it. Thought you might like it. PM me if you want
    yes!!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Pre-ordered the signed copy
    Pre-ordered the signed copy
    I don't even know why I bother anymore. I have so much signed stuff from them it's getting stupid. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Digging the new song!!
    another new song is up on itunes. called Horses. different from what I'm used to with this band. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it sounds like a song that Hugh would have written with Chris Osti for the Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir. Osti still produces them and writes with them, so it's possible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and the new record is OUT. #peopleskills
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

this is slightly disappointing. at least two of the songs are ones that I already have, just reworked from Hugh's solo stuff. weird. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Must not have had enough new material to put forth for this album.