RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I still can't help but cry every few times I listen to his beautiful voice. The song When I'm Down will always give me goosebumps. I really miss the guy, in spite of obviously never knowing him more than superficially.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    benjs said:
    I still can't help but cry every few times I listen to his beautiful voice. The song When I'm Down will always give me goosebumps. I really miss the guy, in spite of obviously never knowing him more than superficially.
    YEP
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Man audioslave on headphones stoned . Chris is swirling around my head. Unrivalled vocally 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    benjs said:
    This song guts me every time I hear it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I've just booked my c.c. autograph tattoo.
    I met him at Brixton academy. He signed my ticket. So I'm having that.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I've just booked my c.c. autograph tattoo.
    I met him at Brixton academy. He signed my ticket. So I'm having that.
    I was backstage at an SG show in 96. I SO regret not going up to Chris when i saw him. He just looked so not in the mood for fan interaction. I was too intimidated at 22 to go up to a "rock god" and try to say something non-douchie. 

Fuck, I'm 44 and just met Hugh Dillon and I could barely muster two words to him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I've found I can't stop myself. With Jeff I met him at the airport and I lost myself talking to him like I knew him. Strange afterwards. At the time it was calm . After i was a mess
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Tattoo time. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Tattoo time. 
    Be sure to post some pics!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013

• brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I'm planning if i can get enough money. I may sell my pj stuff. To get the whole right upper arm with this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    I've found I can't stop myself. With Jeff I met him at the airport and I lost myself talking to him like I knew him. Strange afterwards. At the time it was calm . After i was a mess
    Get it. I had a chance to talk to cc in 2011 and did. Was cool we talked about the first  time I saw SG and how cool it was that he climbed on the ceiling and kicked it in. While I was walking away to give him his space he reached out his hand to shake mine. Very kind gesture and soul-That never goes away.
    I thought that was very nice of him to talk to me. 

Crank his music...

thats what I think he wants.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

Chris Cornell Documentary in the Works From Brad Pitt and Peter Berg

Cornell's widow, Vicky, is also a producer on the project.

• Awesome!
    Liking the positioning of it too :)
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Thanks i had it there as I have others
     On my arms and the space on the outside is for the portrait
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Loujoe said:
    I've found I can't stop myself. With Jeff I met him at the airport and I lost myself talking to him like I knew him. Strange afterwards. At the time it was calm . After i was a mess
    Get it. I had a chance to talk to cc in 2011 and did. Was cool we talked about the first  time I saw SG and how cool it was that he climbed on the ceiling and kicked it in. While I was walking away to give him his space he reached out his hand to shake mine. Very kind gesture and soul-That never goes away.
    I thought that was very nice of him to talk to me. 

Crank his music...

thats what I think he wants.

not having ever met him, but coming very close twice, he seemed (at least in his later years) that he genuinely liked to connect with people on a personal level and let them know how much he appreciated their connection to his music. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:

Chris Cornell Documentary in the Works From Brad Pitt and Peter Berg

Cornell's widow, Vicky, is also a producer on the project.

Nice to see that Peter Berg is associated with this...
    he's a GREAT director/producer!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=725iONdAu9Q
    Dammit. Just... dammit. This song, more than any other, makes me miss him something fierce. But I am so grateful for all the music he left behind. This performance... even though the Audioslave era was so hard on his voice, and even though he looks incredibly tired at times in this to me... he gave everything to the performance. And the look he gives Timmy at about 3:52... pure joy.
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    It's May 17.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=725iONdAu9Q
    Dammit. Just... dammit. This song, more than any other, makes me miss him something fierce. But I am so grateful for all the music he left behind. This performance... even though the Audioslave era was so hard on his voice, and even though he looks incredibly tired at times in this to me... he gave everything to the performance. And the look he gives Timmy at about 3:52... pure joy.
    yeah, I recall seeing them live in 2005, his voice was so terribly hoarse. and listen to any live songs and it's the same. I thought that was the beginning of the end of his voice. But then BAM, it came back better than ever after they split. I still can't figure out why it hurt his voice so much. The guy had an incredible range, and it's not like he was singing super high all the time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• TO241794TO241794 Lyon, FR Posts: 22
    2 years ago today already... Seems that nightmare goes fast but never ends at the same time. Will I ever wake up one day with you being alive somewhere on this little planet Earth?
    Miss you so much Chris, R.I.P.
    2000 - Paris, FR
    2006 - Paris, FR
    2007 - Werchter, BE
    2009 - Berlin, DE
    2010 - Arras, FR
    2012 - Manchester 1, GB
    2012 - Oslo, NO
    2014 - Amsterdam 1, NL
    2014 - Oslo, NO
    2018 - Home Shows 1 & 2

EV 
    2017 - Taormina 1 & 2, IT
  • silvosilvo Posts: 283
    So, not really thinking about the date I was watching a YouTube compilation of Chris’ solo acoustic performances and came here to post something....then realised the date and it’s even more fitting.
    Now I know there are not too many fans of the Scream album but I stumbled across this clip of an acoustic performance of Scream and it’s amazing. Just shows the talent of the man, how he can change the mood of that song into something so beautiful......love the close ups of the presenters in the background who look totally in awe of him.
    RIP Chris.....an amazingly talented man who is sadly missed

https://youtu.be/6UjyhGGUIPw
  • silvosilvo Posts: 283
    And then this one came on.....OMG

https://youtu.be/_tdPuCzdYsA
  • sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Terribly sad day.  I'd just like to remind everyone, (as someone completely SHOCKED with all this sick that I'm still alive) to treat every day like it's the last time you will see the people you love.  Too often things like this happen, then we reflect on what we *would have* liked to do with someone, what we could have done...the time is NOW.  Life is so crazy, for everyone. Take a minute and enjoy the moment.  RIP Chris,on this anniversary of a horrible tragedy - as an artist, as a father, as a husband, as a friend, my heart breaks that you're gone.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I loved Chris and miss him everyday. My hero. 
  • vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    Hope this finds you wherever you are in the ether...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ08Ixczvo
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    vzouzal said:
    Hope this finds you wherever you are in the ether...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ08Ixczvo
    So well done and just absolutely beautiful.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2019
    Lily Cornell has a damn good voice, man.  Every track ive heard with her on it sounds great.  Different genres too.  

Chris and Susan should be proud.  That kid deserves all of the success that she achieves.  She’s dealt with a lot.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • I'D RATHER BEI'D RATHER BE Posts: 525
    Missing Chris everyday and especially today